Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 471 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #7051
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Probably shouldn't post this out there lol, but since I moved to Vegas, I'm 2 for 3 on little puppies running out in front of me causing me to come to a rapid stop therefore causing the following "too close" car behind me to hit me. I can't wait until I get me Jeep back, someone's going to get monster trucked one day and I'm gonna be laughing my butt off when thier 80K BMW's hood is crushed!!!

People here drive like A$$! Every morning on the way to work I drive through 2 25MPH zones and even a 35mph school zone. I have had several people pass me even when I'm doing 40 in the 35 its always funny when they pass me and the motorcycle cop hiding at the corner gets them. Even funnier when we get to the same red light and I make them roll the window down and tell them how cool they are because they got to the red light so fast . I've gotten all kinds of reactions from that.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #7052
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Back in Savannah, Ga. I was on my way out of down town going down a busy one way street with people walking around everywhere. There was a Pontiac behind me tailgating so close I could see the guys face. I was sober so I slammed the brakes into the floor(4.5" lift and 33's with a trailer hitch) and the Pontiac went up under my ZJ and you could hear the metal on his hood scrape and crinkle. The police showed up and he was cited for following to close and DUI. I told the officer that some drunk people walked in front of me. His car looked like crap and no damage to mine.

I would like a receiver for my hitch that is a large fist. Do they make those?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #7053
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So, my email got hacked and I spammed out the following...

Quote:
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to London, United Kingdom for a short vacation.unfortunately,we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash and credit card were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Well I really need your financially assistance..Please, let me know if you can help us out?

Am freaked out at the moment!!

Terry
I received a very official looking email from Yahoo about the status of my email address and made the mistake of clicking on it...lesson learned.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #7054
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
So, my email got hacked and I spammed out the following...

I received a very official looking email from Yahoo about the status of my email address and made the mistake of clicking on it...lesson learned.
It's a bunch of Somalians or the like scamming. They do CL all the time posting fake home rentals where you send them a deposit and they send you the key. To someone else's home.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #7055
sirhk100

Crap, you guys really shouldn't be giving me these ideas cause I've wanted to pull that so many times in my truck but just never had the guts! When I switch to 35's I'm going to be rebuilding the rear bumper from this...

To probably something more like this...

I figure anyone behind me would most likely loose the battle!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #7056
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Crap, you guys really shouldn't be giving me these ideas cause I've wanted to pull that so many times in my truck but just never had the guts! When I switch to 35's I'm going to be rebuilding the rear bumper from this...

To probably something more like this...

I figure anyone behind me would most likely loose the battle!!!!!
Do you know who that guy in the third pic works for?
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #7057
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Well I can't find anything on line about a hitch receiver that is a fist. I think we may be onto something here. I know dudes would buy it.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #7058
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Do you know who that guy in the third pic works for?
No but I might drag him into a bathroom by his neck someday and find out!

Unread 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #7059
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Well I can't find anything on line about a hitch receiver that is a fist. I think we may be onto something here. I know dudes would buy it.
They need to make something like a harpoon so once somebody hits you it impales deep into their car then opens. Then when they pull the cars apart it rips the **** out of their grill, plastic bumper, and hopefully radiator. I think we may be on to something.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #7060
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
They need to make something like a harpoon so once somebody hits you it impales deep into their car then opens. Then when they pull the cars apart it rips the **** out of their grill, plastic bumper, and hopefully radiator. I think we may be on to something.
Yea, some crude spring loaded or pneumatic device.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #7061
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My wife drives a Mercedes c230. It has been rear ended 3 times and totaled 2 out of the 3 other cars. It has a scratch and a silver dollar sized dent and that's it. The one it didn't total was an h3. They guy ran into us as we were stopping at a stop sign in a parking lot. He gets out yelling at us. As we go out coolant was spewing all over the place as well as trans fluid. We looked at our damage and his and said have fun and left.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #7062
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Terrible's Car Wash. Corner of Rainbow and Westcliff.

Had the opportunity to have my Jeep serviced at Terrible's Car Wash at the corner of Rainbow and Westcliff. Prior to this morning, I think it was last washed maybe around Halloween of last year. I really didn't think they'd be able to get it very clean because when I tried to wash it, it always looked dirtier.

They got to work fast. They had an efficient system going from interior, to pre-wash, to wash, to dry and detail. Probably took about 15 minutes.

The result was better than I expected and trust me...my expectations are low because I'm an "aim for the knees" kind of guy. Only issue I have with the cleaning is that I can now see all the scratches on my Jeep. I had no idea there were so many.

So, if you're ever in the area of Rainbow and Westcliff, stop by Terrible's Car Wash and support one of your local JeepForum members. Lots of trails in that direction. Good place to stop before the mud dries.

So sparkly, you'll get the AIDS.
2012-03-09_09-27-08_667.jpg  
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #7063
sirhk100

Well jeeze, I mean you did stop at a stop sign!!! What the hell were you guys thinking???!!!!

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #7064
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You guys are still mad at the Dodge dude? Let it go, men!
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #7065
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Did you get to see the midget detailer?????

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.