Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 466 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #6976
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep

Leafs baby no sway bar needed
They use "sway bump stops!" body roll isn't an issue, it's a steering technique...sort of like leaning a street bike!

Unread 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #6977
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So Yhaira and I are thinking of just spending the money and getting a lower mileage 1999-2001...
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #6978
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If you can you want the 1999 or a 2000-01 that has already had the head replaced. They are notorious for cracking between cylinders 3-4. The xj I had did it at 60,000 miles. Just search for 0331 on the xj page and you will learn all about it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #6979
sirhk100

I'm a VERY patient driver but if anyone sees a white dodge ram with a camper shell license plate WYT HOT feel free to run that f'er off the road! Someday someone's going to pull that crap when I'm in the perfectly wrong mood and in my truck and I'm going to punch that bumper thru the back of their vehicle and laugh about it. Or just lock up the brakes till the tires are smoking and let them have the rear bumper, it's not going to hurt the truck that's for damn sure!!!

ysb, jibberish warning below!!!

That said... Some jeep parts insider gossip... Rugged Ridge has a pretty extensive jeep parts line. 99% of it is a complete rip off of someone elses work. They simply buy a competitors product, ship it to asia and have it knocked off for cheap and then undercut the originator. They've already done our product line... Well beyond that, they have recently started selling retail direct which is a really good way to piss off the vendors that are selling your product line cause now you've just become their direct competition. Well Quadratec is a BIG player in the market. If you have a product in their book there's a good chance you're going to sell quite a few of them cause they mail out a million plus books quarterly on top of their little smaller ones too. Anyways, Quadratec got wind of them going direct and is in the process of phasing their product line out of their lineup. We are capable of producing a lot of their exact same stuff with vendor connections we have so they've approached us to fill in the gap that they're going to have once they're done booting out rugged ridge. Good for us... So we've started on some projects. All that leads up to this part I thought was funny... The cheapo fuel doors that are formed stainless steel... We sent those off to China just like they do to knock them off and our contact ends up finding the exact factory that makes them for them. That factory also makes the "jeep" logo'd mopar door. They're trying to get us to buy that one to sell. YIKES!!!! Talk about an *** whoopin from Jeep if we did that!!! LOL But anyways, I thought it was funny that out of all the factories in Asia we somehow find the exact one that's already making rugged ridge's doors for them and Jeeps as well it turns out.

When I was in Taiwan I walked into a factory that happened to be making Tuffy's center consoles. I laughed cause it was the exact one I have in my jeep. They offered to sell me one right off the factory floor for like $20! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #6980
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
ysb, jibberish warning below!!!
You don't have to post warnings. My short attention span will naturally tell me when to stop reading.
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6981
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am still waiting for rugged ridge to fully release the new a-pillar for the new dash in the wranglers. Quadratec has the shell 17235.58, but they do not have the full set up with the switches pre installed. Not a big fan of rr, but there are not any other solutions that I like for clean switches with the new dash.

so what your saying is I can fly to Taiwan and save some money on Jeep parts? Lets see according to orbitz, it is $1600 for a ticket. How much would I have to buy to save some money?
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #6982
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
When I was in Taiwan I walked into a factory that happened to be making Tuffy's center consoles. I laughed cause it was the exact one I have in my jeep. They offered to sell me one right off the factory floor for like $20! LOL
$20 for the console + $1200 for airfare = damn good deal!! Haha
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #6983
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
...but there are not any other solutions that I like for clean switches with the new dash.
Crocker makes guage pods for the JK.
http://cop4x4.com/gagepods.shtml
image3.jpg  
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #6984
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You don't have to post warnings. My short attention span will naturally tell me when to stop reading.
LOL, I don't want to cause you any grief or confusion in your delicate state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
so what your saying is I can fly to Taiwan and save some money on Jeep parts? Lets see according to orbitz, it is $1600 for a ticket. How much would I have to buy to save some money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
$20 for the console + $1200 for airfare = damn good deal!! Haha

I think the ticket was about $1800, company paid for it... I wouldn't recommend the trip though. There's gotta be better places to go for that amount of $$$!!! LOL

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #6985
sirhk100

You know what's funny... The parts that rugged ridge ripped off from us in my opinion would've been easier to have just designed from scratch rather then trying to copy every little detail... Also, for some reason they managed to pick most of our slow sellers so we're hoping they went big on their production numbers! HAHA

YSB, look familiar? We actually patented the tread pattern on the knobs so they couldn't copy that aspect. LOL

Our engine caps are very distinctive though and they copied them to the T!

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #6986
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep

Leafs baby no sway bar needed
Somebody gets it!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #6987
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Crocker makes guage pods for the JK.
http://cop4x4.com/gagepods.shtml

I have a jeep, not a honda. I need switches.. not for hydro but for lights. The funniest thing, and I don't know if this is on quadratec or rr... but the picture for the switch panel for the 2012 is of the old dash

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #6988
sirhk100

Doesn't surprise me on the picture. Heck, we've completely photoshopped parts onto vehicles for ads cause we didn't have access to a vehicle to get pictures in time for print deadlines or whatever...

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #6989
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I think I want lambo doors on my Jeep.
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #6990
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I haven't had mine connected since that night run a few weeks ago. I forgot to reconnect them that night and just got used to it. It's really convenient to not stop at the trail head and just keep driving.
go find a parking lot or empty section of road. get up to about 25-30mph, then swerve as though you were trying to avoid some idiot on the road. Again, going like 25mph.

Imagine what will happen when you're doing 65 on the highway.

Reconnect your sway bar.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.