Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 461 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #6901
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,824
They want $650 for a motor with 160,000 mi. Which is outrageous. Maybe I need to quit being such a girl and just pony up. $4500 for the package $5000 to get it in the jeep, $2000 more for odds and ends = no chance in hell. That doesn't include finding a trans a transfer case.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #6902
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
For just a few dollars more you could build a Jeep SRT8 twin turbo: 10.75 Second 1/4 Mile.

__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #6903
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,032
I don't think you would make it half way down the track with the 44re behind it lol
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #6904
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Wheelers Pass in under 5 minutes.
__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #6905
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,506
Why did you all assume I was packing my heater when we went 4 wheelin?

__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #6906
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Because you're the type that will be living off the grid, Unabomber style in 10-15 years.

"Eff the government maaaaan!"
__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #6907
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Wheelers Pass in under 5 minutes.
Exactly. Fast vehicles are for busy people!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #6908
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Because you're the type that will be living off the grid, Unabomber style in 10-15 years.

"Eff the government maaaaan!"
Nah!!!



Pardon my stance, this was directly after clearing a type 3 in under 4 seconds.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #6909
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Nice looking range. Bet it sucks in the summer.
__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #6910
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Nice looking range. Bet it sucks in the summer.
Not really. You just have your slaves spritz and fan you.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #6911
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Not really. You just have your slaves spritz and fan you.


have you been watching spartacus again?
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #6912
Williamlv282
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 159
Hey guys! New to the site, and new to Jeeps! My family just bought a 2010 2dr Rubicon and I spent some quality time breaking it in on Rocky Gap!

Any other trails I HAVE to do as a Jeep owner in the Vegas area?

Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #6913
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
have you been watching spartacus again?
I am not an animal!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #6914
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282
Hey guys! New to the site, and new to Jeeps! My family just bought a 2010 2dr Rubicon and I spent some quality time breaking it in on Rocky Gap!

Any other trails I HAVE to do as a Jeep owner in the Vegas area?
Welcome to the forum!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #6915
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
There are a few good trails around here. Some are technical, some offer views, some go to mines, some go nowhere, but all are off the pavement. Check out davidson law's website. He has most of them documented with gps data.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.