Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #676
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Looks familiar:
Haha nice, when was that taken?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #677
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I dunno? whenever I owned a TJ. 3-4 years ago?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #678
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

does anyone have a .GPX file for wheeler pass? From the pictures it looks like a cool casual cruiser type trail. Is it summer temp friendly for the most part?

I need to get my trans cooler installed possibly this next sunday depending how I feel after my race and then assuming it does what it's supposed to do I'm hoping to get out and start exploring more often soon. Since I moved to Vegas I haven't been out hardly at all in the jeep. I've spent all my time exploring on 2 wheels instead of 4. Trans cooler is mostly cause when i did the mojave rd. about 6 weeks ago, it was cooking the whole way for the most part it seemed! Install cooler then have it flushed and should be good to go.

The most exploring I've done is on 2 wheels though like I said in the nelson hills area. Heck, i've done nelson hills to laughlin and back on 2 wheels. I'm pretty sure I could do it on 4 wheels now too actually but I'd want to take my truck once it's back on the ground rather then my jeep cause it wouldn't be a 4wd needed type run and the speed I can carry in my truck would make it more fun. Heck, same with mojave rd. if i ever do that one again...
DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #679
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.expeditionportal.com/over...e=Wheeler_Pass

scroll all the way down
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #680
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone attempt to run a JeepSpeed race?
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #681
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I used to ride shotgun in jeep speed quite a bit! Fun stuff!!!

Notice right behind the rear tire, that's about 12" of the main leaf sticking out the back of the jeep that we didn't know was broke. Judging from where this picture was taken we passed another 5 jeeps before we finally broke. The funny part is we broke cause the harmonic balancer exploded. While I was fixing that the driver noticed the broken leaf. We swapped on a new balancer and a new leaf and still finished the race!

I'm into the jeep stuff and have a mildly built TJ for my slower fun but I also am slowly building this that's a bit more comparible to the jeepspeed type stuff. LOL

DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #682
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD
does anyone have a .GPX file for wheeler pass? From the pictures it looks like a cool casual cruiser type trail. Is it summer temp friendly for the most part?

I need to get my trans cooler installed possibly this next sunday depending how I feel after my race and then assuming it does what it's supposed to do I'm hoping to get out and start exploring more often soon. Since I moved to Vegas I haven't been out hardly at all in the jeep. I've spent all my time exploring on 2 wheels instead of 4. Trans cooler is mostly cause when i did the mojave rd. about 6 weeks ago, it was cooking the whole way for the most part it seemed! Install cooler then have it flushed and should be good to go.

The most exploring I've done is on 2 wheels though like I said in the nelson hills area. Heck, i've done nelson hills to laughlin and back on 2 wheels. I'm pretty sure I could do it on 4 wheels now too actually but I'd want to take my truck once it's back on the ground rather then my jeep cause it wouldn't be a 4wd needed type run and the speed I can carry in my truck would make it more fun. Heck, same with mojave rd. if i ever do that one again...
It's really mild for the most part. I used 2wd for 90% and a little 4high and low. Temp wise it's about 15 degrees cooler up there.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
Unread 06-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #683
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
It's really mild for the most part. I used 2wd for 90% and a little 4high and low. Temp wise it's about 15 degrees cooler up there.
I tried to do it in the snow this winter, didn't make it across, but it's a different beast with the white stuff.
davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #684
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea Wheelers pass pretty tame but some areas with snow/ice could be a challange!

MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #685
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That picture of the wild horses is really neat.

Unread 06-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #686
needmesome2
1997 ZJ 

New parts For the ZJ
160 T-Stat
Fuel pump
Front U-Joints
Front Wheel hub/baring
Rear Dif Pinion seal
sdc11693.jpg   sdc11694.jpg   sdc11695.jpg   sdc11696.jpg  
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #687
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And some candles and a picture frame? At least your ZJ will smell good...

Unread 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #688
needmesome2
1997 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
And some candles and a picture frame? At least your ZJ will smell good...
lol you think I could pull it off I was thinking the picture frames was over the top lol....No thats where they landed from ups/fedex drop off and didnt put them in the garage yet I know I should of took pic's on the garage floor more man like right lol
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #689
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Look at all those pretty parts! Were gonna have fun putting those in tomorrow
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #690
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the dash painted, new head unit in, xm hard wired, and led master controler hard wired behind dash. Fifteen add a fuse and 100 wire splices later it's finally all put back together :-)
forumrunner_20110630_154322.jpg  
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.