Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 457 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #6841
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Peow! Peow!

013.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #6842
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Got him.

Headed back to the surface. It probably took over an hour to ascend from that level. There isn’t anything on me that is not in pain right now. Still, it was a good day.

The end.
014.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #6843
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Question: Does anyone actually use CBs anymore? Thinking about putting one in my CJ.
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #6844
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Answer: Yes, but not many. As a means of primary communication or emergency use, they are outdated since people arw rarely on them anymore. I would think their primary use these days is communication between caravan vehicles.

What I've found is that mobile walkies you can buy almost anywhere have greater distance and clarity and make better communication between vehicles. They also have the advantage of portability. My wife and I use them so we don't have to yell in mines or across valleys.

http://www.basspro.com/Midland-LXT38...0206407/121549

That's the set we have. We've been using them for weeks now and they perform flawlessly. When we go out with others, we just pass the spare to another driver to communicate.
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #6845
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I have a set of radios similar to that. Problem being you need the same kind to talk to others.
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #6846
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not really. You just need the same channels and frequency. FMS is the cheapies. GMRS is better. You're supposed to have a license for GMRS frequencies, but Bass Pro sells them no questions asked.
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #6847
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

great pics ysb.

Well the wife got 2 tickets to each day. Sat she said I can take whoever to the races and that we are going to the Sunday race(baby sitter dependent). So who wants to go on Saturday?
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #6848
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
...Sat she said I can take whoever to the races ...
Take a chick.
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #6849
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I have a set of radios similar to that. Problem being you need the same kind to talk to others.
Yes, people do, alot of 4x4 perople do...its really convenient to be able to communicate between vehicles over a short distance.

that way people can tell you and the group leader that their FSJ is dead on the trail before you drive a mile away from them and have to run back up a hill on foot to see why the headlights disappeared.

not that I'm referring to anybody in specific....

It surprised me that Terry and I were the only ones with CB's.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #6850
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Question: Does anyone actually use CBs anymore? Thinking about putting one in my CJ.
I just picked up one for my jeep over the weekend...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #6851
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
not that I'm referring to anybody in specific....
You have no idea how hard it was for me to drive that slow. I usually run that trail around 30MPH. Higher in some spots. I couldn't believe I was still getting that far ahead of you people at school zone speeds.

I have a CB, but I still need to work out the antenna issue. May not even bother since so few people have them now.
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #6852
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Southern Nevada Jeep Forum meetup tonight Frankie's Tiki Room...8p
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #6853
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
look at all you rich people. I have to get the free ones that they give out to military!!

dwink, are you still in town or in Dallas. I think I might get those spacers off of you, this way they can sit on my shelf forever until I can put them on.
Nope- still here until Friday AM.

Let me know when you want to meet up- I'm heading to dinner for business tonight, should be home during the day tomorrow and out most of Thursday.
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #6854
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
Southern Nevada Jeep Forum meetup tonight Frankie's Tiki Room...8p
Where is that?
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #6855
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

why would not cleaning it prevent you from firing it?

First of all, its a glock, it doesnt care.

Second of all, if i cant fire a weapon 100% fine right out of the box because it has a thin film of grease on it or something, then i dont want the gun.

Go shoot it, it'll be fine. Hell, dont even clean it after that and shoot it some more.

I didnt clean my 1911 the whole weekend at the class, other than running a boresnake through it at the end of each day, 700 rounds and it was still running fine. I think i've cleaned it once since i got it at christmas and its got at least 1000 rounds down the pipe.

Get yourself some good lube. Slip 2000 or Froglube. Frog Lube is pretty amazing stuff. Google it.
Cool! That helps me. The manual is very specific about cleaning after each use!

It is lightly used from police service. Apparently some department ordered some and went back to 9mm's so glock refurbished and lock n load bought!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.