Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 456 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 03-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #6826
sirhk100

LOL, sorry, I already submitted the names and I guess it's like guest list only crap or something. HAHAHA Might try and get out on Sunday though still.

Does that extended slide release really make that big of a difference for left handed shooting? I've got the same issue...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #6827
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The company that my buddy works for in VA used to have box seats to one of the ampatheaters out there for showboating customers. Needless to say he always had tickets to every concert that they did not take customers to. It was freaking awesome.
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #6828
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, sorry, I already submitted the names and I guess it's like guest list only crap or something. HAHAHA Might try and get out on Sunday though still.

Does that extended slide release really make that big of a difference for left handed shooting? I've got the same issue...
It's made a huge deference. I can use my pointer finger to drop the mag. It doesn't cost much.
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #6829
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Gather round children. It’s story time.

We headed south again to revisit a few mines and try to locate a few we haven’t seen before. In the past two days, we found four mines that were not listed on any of our maps or the Nevada Bureau of Mining and Geology database. We’ve come across that before, but most were just prospect mines that only went back a few feet.

This is the first one we visited. Hard to see from the picture, but all the adits were sealed. This seemed more natural. The closer we got, we could see depressions where we suspect the mine collapsed naturally.
001.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #6830
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Across the valley, we saw something that didn’t match the natural scenery and made our way up to this. Not sure if it was shelter or storage, but someone took their time carving that into the mountain side.
002.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #6831
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here’s one of the ones not on any maps. There was barely a trail to it. What could have once been a trail now had 6 foot and taller yucca trees growing through it. This was a trail not traveled in a long, long time.

We’ve seen bat bars over mines. Although a bat could get through, these bars were spaced closer and the cover was hinged. This looked more like a security gate. It was probably a strong deterrent years ago, but the lock has long since rusted away, so we roped up and headed down.
003.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #6832
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There wasn’t much of a tailing pile outside, so we really didn’t expect much with this mine. When we made our way in and down and saw the metal ladder/incline rail I was more hopeful to find good stuff.
004.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #6833
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When we reached the bottom, this was the first thing we saw. An ore cart without the cart. I tried to skateboard around on it, but the wheels were rusted and stuck. If it wasn’t such a long climb back up, I would have taken it with me.

Not much more was down there worth talking about, so we made out way back up and out.
005.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #6834
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

In that same area, we made our way around what used to be trails. My wife barely saw the wire to this one below us. It didn’t look like much at all. It had almost no tailing pile and the supports were collapsed. From what we saw, it only went down maybe 20 feet. Little to no tailing pile usually means no real depth to the mine, but we were already there and the rope was unwound, so we tied off and went in.
006.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #6835
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When we reached the bottom, the first thing we noticed that the level was wide. Lots of space around another ladder. Went back up to get more rope, tied off and headed down again.
007.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #6836
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This mine clearly had some depth, but the lack of tailing piles was puzzling. They were taking ore out, so it had to go somewhere.
008.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #6837
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That ladder lead to another ladder, which lead to another. Here we are almost 600 feet below the surface. We almost headed back several times. I really wasn’t looking forward to that ascend.
009.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #6838
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

As far as we could tell, this was the very bottom. All adits and shafts seemed to end abruptly. This is the most intact ore chute we’ve come across. It looks like all the parts are in place. Strangest thing about seeing this here is ore chutes are gravity fed. I most often saw them around the main level of a mine where they could use rails and ore carts.

I was thinking there might be a lower level topside that we haven’t seen yet, but at that depth we were well below the mountain. If an ore chute is gravity fed, I don’t know where else it could go.
010.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #6839
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Another oddity is this storage shelf. Carbide for their lamps, machine oil and a box of dynamite with 6 sticks and one blasting cap. Ridiculous to store a blasting cap with dynamite. Storage is also something we expected to see at the surface or close to it.
011.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #6840
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Further adding to this mystery is this hand written bell legend. A “bell” is another name for an ore cart. Not sure what the numbers mean and we saw no ore carts or rails at that lowest level.
012.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.