Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 455 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #6811
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Okay...

One of them is grey. But still...

Regardless of color, i reacted appropriately!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #6812
sirhk100

Dwink, what model is that?

Smiiile, that's a pretty *****in turn key offer right there!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #6813
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Alright. So me and the wife ran up wheelers pass yesterday. We ran with no roof, no front doors (kept rear on for dogs in back). We also had no side mirrors as they are attached to doors. We passed multiple Metro officers on the way up and back. We had zero issues. Thanks for the input guys. I will be rigging something up eventually. Gotta have mirrors running around town.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #6814
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I so want to take the top and doors off. But I am afraid of how much stuff would be missing with 2 toddlers in the back. I also want to rock rails for when I take the doors off, they made a nice foot rest on my TJ and I assume that they will do the same on the JK.

On a second note the wife just called and said that she might have 2 tickets for both days to this weekends race.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #6815
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Dwink, what model is that?

Smiiile, that's a pretty *****in turn key offer right there!!!
Glock 22 Gen 4 with night sights. I can't wait to shoot something!

I didn't get any supplies to clean it yet, so I might have to wait a bit...
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #6816
sirhk100

Just found out the ones I picked up are for the Fedex Suite so it should at least make the race a bit more interesting to me! I'm not the biggest nascar fan out there but the friend I'm taking is a nascar nut! He was at the race in Phx on Sunday and said he'll be at the one in Cali on the 24th. Commitment right there!

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #6817
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'll be at the races on sunday.

We have box tickets, but we're opting out and choosing to sit in the crowd, I want the real experience, not sitting around in the box with a bunch of stuffy folks.

We do, however, still have full box access...so, all the food and booze we want! Our seats are just behind the finish line.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #6818
sirhk100

Nice I've got a G19 with night sights on it and love it! I believe it's the same frame, just 9mm instead of 40. I didn't like the original Glock sights but love the ones on it now. I just got an advanced arms .22 conversion for it too. Haven't had a chance to go out and test it yet though.

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #6819
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwink View Post

I didn't get any supplies to clean it yet, so I might have to wait a bit...
why would not cleaning it prevent you from firing it?

First of all, its a glock, it doesnt care.

Second of all, if i cant fire a weapon 100% fine right out of the box because it has a thin film of grease on it or something, then i dont want the gun.

Go shoot it, it'll be fine. Hell, dont even clean it after that and shoot it some more.

I didnt clean my 1911 the whole weekend at the class, other than running a boresnake through it at the end of each day, 700 rounds and it was still running fine. I think i've cleaned it once since i got it at christmas and its got at least 1000 rounds down the pipe.

Get yourself some good lube. Slip 2000 or Froglube. Frog Lube is pretty amazing stuff. Google it.

Quote:

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #6820
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

look at all you rich people. I have to get the free ones that they give out to military!!

dwink, are you still in town or in Dallas. I think I might get those spacers off of you, this way they can sit on my shelf forever until I can put them on.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #6821
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm not a NASCAR fan but I've been to a few races and a box is the way to go if you can. I've never paid for tickets and never will but the box is 1000 times better then a sunburn and a million dick weeds spilling beer on you.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #6822
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm not a NASCAR fan but I've been to a few races and a box is the way to go if you can. I've never paid for tickets and never will but the box is 1000 times better then a sunburn and a million dick weeds spilling beer on you.
If i wanted to sit in a comfy chair and watch the race on a screen in the AC i'd stay at home haha

Quote:

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #6823
sirhk100

LOL, my box tickets were free... we got two pairs from vendors. 5 people in the company put in for them. Mine was one of 2 names drawn. Pure luck... And that's why this morning I was looking for wheeling plans with no plans and then an hour or two later I had plans. LOL

Unread 03-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #6824
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I have a glock 23 and love it. Night sights are great. I also added an extended slide release makes it easier for us left handed smart people. Also added an internal LaserMax
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #6825
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, my box tickets were free... we got two pairs from vendors. 5 people in the company put in for them. Mine was one of 2 names drawn. Pure luck... And that's why this morning I was looking for wheeling plans with no plans and then an hour or two later I had plans. LOL
Darn, that really sucks about your wheeling plans. I tell you what. I'll take the burden of those tickets off of you and you can have the weekend free. It's the least I can do for a fellow Jeeper.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.