Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 452 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #6766
sirhk100

What's funny is I've got 2 in car cameras in the truck but it's not like I've got them on every single time I drive it. In fact I don't think I've ever used them on the street. I only turn them on if I'm going to run something worth filming... If only we knew when people were about to be idiots!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #6767
sirhk100

Left toggle switch next to speedo is roof rack with 4 HID Hella lights, right one is a pair of piaa 120W halogen lights on the bumper. All lights only have power when high beams are on so I can turn the switches on and then control them quickly with just my high/low beam on the turn signal which I love. The toggle switch between the rockers controls the light bar up and down... The panel off by itself in front of the passenger is the intercom system. There's a pair of headsets that make it so it's nice and quiet inside the truck and you can just casually chat back and forth. There's input for music from my MP3 too. In the dirt and well on the street too the truck is really noise. Race car parts make race truck noises is the saying I've heard... I'm eventually going to mount my stereo underneath the intercom and then probably my race radio to the right of the intercom cause I don't really need control of it. Most of it's functions can be dealt with from the mic or once I get it all hooked up together there'll be a push to talk button and it'll transmit and recieve right thru the headsets or wired helmets.

And after the fact I realized the music on the stereo is slightly in appropriate... LOL, I don't have a noose in the yard and I'm not white trash. I do find DAC's songs damn funny though!

It's still uploading right now so give it time if it's not working... Oh and warning... It's a REALLY boring minute of your life you'll never get back!!!

http://youtu.be/WTniubbpbfo

Unread 03-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #6768
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Hi guys - looking for opinions - I'm a very minimal off roaster but I have not gotten totally comfortable in the jk 4d (I still feel like a soccer mom mall crawler in it) I want to toughen up its appearance. I'm planning a light bar but wanted to do some of the diamond stamped body armor. The BF tells me it's is pretty trailer park. ....

What do y'all think!
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #6769
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Diamond plated protection is very 90s. I agree with what he's saying, so this is what I'd recommend you do. Get a budget boost, 33s, black armor, and whatever else that turns your crankshaft.
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #6770
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Woot! Woot!
putting_your_hoof_down.jpg  
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #6771
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Went out today trying to find a mine we knew was out there, but couldn't find a way to it. After literally a million years, we finally got to it. I hate it when people say "literally" incorrectly. I also hate it when people overuse "like". I know it didn't really take a million years.

There's this teenage girl in my neighborhood that stops to talk when I'm outside and she says "literally" incorrectly. "For real, when I heard that, I was literally dying!". And I'm like, die already. Not really. She's kind of cute. Dibs.

In the time it took me to tell all that, I could have continued a really cool mine story or posted a picture. Now my attention span has reached its end for the night. Now, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry about that. Meds kicking in. ZZZzzzzzzz
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #6772
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I want some of your meds...would help with my insomnia issue!
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #6773
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Woot! Woot!

Bunny is angry when he's on meds.

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #6774
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I have to second the diamond plate it's tacky. I think bigger tires will make a huge difference. If you have a rubicon it should have the mtr as stock tires. But a good 33 a/t will toughen it up as well as a push bar bumper or equivalent. Light bars alone just make me think of a Jurassic park Yj, and not in a good way. Check out the jk section and see if there is a pic thread and find the look you are looking for and go from there. I'm not an expert on that model so it would be safer to trust someone else who is.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #6775
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If these were available for my TJ, I'd be on them like flies on sht

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/138.htm

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/139.htm

I like the TJ ones, but these are WAY sexier! (IMO)
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #6776
sirhk100

smiiile... best way to start this conversation would honestly be... What's your budget? Toss out a realistic number you're willing to spend and that will make the suggestions much more legit. It doesn't have to be spent all at once and can be slowly built over time but if you have a number of how much you're willing to dump into it, that helps you get an end vision and plan to work towards with it. In the end it's your jeep so style it how you want. There's no right or wrong! To be 100% honest and not joking... I design cosmetic jeep parts, I know first hand not everyone always has the same tastes in what they want for their vehicle and have sales numbers of things that I thought were a joke that we can't keep on the shelf and others that I thought were a slam dunk that collect dust and we can't give away. LOL Then there's the home runs I knew would go from the get go...

For instance... There's only 2 of these fuel doors in existence right now. I personally think these are going to do well once they hit the market cause everything else out there is boring looking in my opinion. But I could be completely wrong and they might not sell worth a damn! LOL Point being, it's all personal opinion. With that said though, there's definitely trends in the automotive styling industry!

Unread 03-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #6777
sirhk100

Actually the final production released ones will have this tin decal in the center with a carbon fiber print on them with the "fuel" print...

Unread 03-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #6778
sirhk100

Or how about this project that I had a TON of time into and it got axed once we got it quoted price wise! It was going to be a quadratec specific branded part too... Door sill plate for the JK, probably will never see the light of day though...

Unread 03-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #6779
sirhk100

Here you go, want a JK dash in cad on your computer? LOL I used that to make a badass flip up GPS holder that replaced the panel right above the stereo. Too many people got involved though trying to design by commity and it ended up having everything and the kitchen sink it seemed and in the end went no where. But still i like this cad of the dash. LOL You can see the pop up dealio in place sort of on top of the dash. That was mid design and not the final product, it closed down flat to match the curved profile.

Unread 03-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #6780
sirhk100

oh... here it is closed up... LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.