Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 451 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #6751
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Don't chance driving at that event! DUI check points and enforcement is very heavy!!!

Big motors destroy under built trucks! Hence my low powered V6 with mega suspension... LOL, bring on the titan, he'll beat me to the first bump, then by by! I've seen a handful of nicely built titans and I think they look really good done up! I'd actually consider one for a tow rig honestly. Probably not the best option but I like the look of them.

I got to use my motorized light bar last night for the first time. Totally blinged out goofy accessory but I love it!!! I used to rarely use my roof light bar unless I was really going on a dedicated night run cause I was too lazy to jump out and flip it up. Now it's just a flip of a switch on the dash and it goes up or down on command! LOL
I can't imagine that they are light either. Weight and power breaks a lot of stuff. I want a gadgety light bar now. I like buttons and switches. Post a pic.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #6752
sirhk100

I'll post up a couple pics tonight and maybe a video of it going up or well for YSB, going down...

A lot of people building the prerunners stuff in mega power and for some reason don't realize that without the suspension dialed all the power in the world will still only get you so fast thru the rough stuff. They also seem to forget about the added stress on the transmission and rear axle of slamming a 33"-37" tire up and down thru the whoops and off the rocks. I did a motorswap in my truck already. At the time every one of my friends was pushing for a LS something or other to go in it. Screw that!!! I'm not rich!!! LOL granted it would've sounded really damn cool! But all I did was go from a 1989 3.0L V6 with 250K on it to a '01 Toyota 3.4L V6 with about 60K on it. Pop the hood and it looks like it's supposed to be there!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #6753
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
How much are tickets? Are you staying down there?
I don't know what the prices are, my wife got it for Valentine's day for me. And no I am only going for Saturday.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #6754
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I still can't find any Dales Pale Ale around here.......
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #6755
sirhk100

Favorite brew ever is from a place I used to frequent a lot in college!!! Lost Coast Brewery's "great white pale ale"... Although at the mammoth beerfest last summer I tried a tangerine brew from lost coast and had a really hard time moving onto anything else to sample there.

If anyone is really into their beer and is looking for an epic get a way weekend from the heat here during the summer. The mammoth blues and beer festival is epic and hard to beat!!! You won't be disappointed! Live blues bands all day and walking around the forest in perfect summer weather drinking unlimited beers from countless brewers at 8000' elevation!

Unread 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #6756
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

That sounds awesome. I bet the hotels get sold out.
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #6757
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How can running doorless be an issue when it's not illegal to ride a motorcycle...damn nanny state BS!
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #6758
sirhk100

^^^^^^ Stop making sense!!!

Unread 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #6759
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

speaking of motorcycles. During our ride to anniversary mine on Sat a few of them almost got t boned for trying to turn around right after a blind corner. There was a bunch of people on bikes not paying attention out @ lake mead.
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #6760
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
speaking of motorcycles. During our ride to anniversary mine on Sat a few of them almost got t boned for trying to turn around right after a blind corner. There was a bunch of people on bikes not paying attention out @ lake mead.
Let the herd thin. There are so many morons on bikes here that have no business on a bike. A few years ago I was on my way to Mesa just before the dam a guy wrecked his bike going over 110mph. A friend and I saw him lose it ran out to him(he stopped in the desert) flipped his bike off of him. He had rash and burns all over him. He was 20 yrs old on a 1000cc Yamaha. He bought the bike which was his first 2 weeks before. We found out later that he died on his way to the hospital. Probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #6761
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
We have been seeing a lot of weekend warriors out riding too. They are pretty annoying because they switch lanes so much and cut you off. They don't realize that I can't stop as fast as them.
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #6762
sirhk100

I've ridden/raced dirt bikes for 26 years now! There's a reason I've never owned a street bike though! I'll take a bounce thru a cactus, off the dirt, thru some rocks or off a tree any day over a slide down the pavement, smacking into a wall, rebounding off a curb or dancing with a bumper!!!

I had an idiot last weekend on the way home from the swap meet on Pecos jump in front of me and slam the brakes on. I'm in my truck which on it's own isn't the best stopper and then toss my small enclosed on the back with some weight... Common sense doesn't exist with most drivers! What that person did virtually was no different the diving in front of a semi and slamming on the brakes! Sure I wouldn't have flattened them but my bumper will wreck the crap out of 99% of the cars on the road these days and loaded like I was there's a reason I leave a big opening in front of me!

Unread 03-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6763
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What not to say when going into a gun store!

This is actually pretty funny!
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #6764
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I've ridden/raced dirt bikes for 26 years now! There's a reason I've never owned a street bike though! I'll take a bounce thru a cactus, off the dirt, thru some rocks or off a tree any day over a slide down the pavement, smacking into a wall, rebounding off a curb or dancing with a bumper!!!

I had an idiot last weekend on the way home from the swap meet on Pecos jump in front of me and slam the brakes on. I'm in my truck which on it's own isn't the best stopper and then toss my small enclosed on the back with some weight... Common sense doesn't exist with most drivers! What that person did virtually was no different the diving in front of a semi and slamming on the brakes! Sure I wouldn't have flattened them but my bumper will wreck the crap out of 99% of the cars on the road these days and loaded like I was there's a reason I leave a big opening in front of me!
If you had hit them, chances are, the cops would cite them and not you when you tell them there was a three car space and he cut in and stopped suddenly. People just assume the guy in back is at fault for rear end collisions-not ALWAYS true!
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #6765
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yea, even though it was technically their fault, you are to blame if you hit them from behind. Really sucks. 90% of the time you will be blamed. It really helps to have a dash cam.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.