Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 450 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #6736
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Show ALL receipts to their insurance company. They should provide you with reimbursement. Usaa did for me when the guy hit me on the freeway. His fault, his insurance, they paid for my stuff.
Sorry, most of the items are not on the jeep yet. Just the wheels and tires; speaking of, tires add another $650 totaling $2150.

Lift and all that is not on the jeep yet. I'm still being shipped everything...lol

other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #6737
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You may still be able to claim all of that if they total it. It's been bought and paid for, and it's all vehicle specific parts, and still a loss on your part in the vehicle. Won't hurt to tell them about it, and let them know its all non-returnable, and show receipts. Play the game.
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #6738
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Does anyone here do, know, or recommend a landscaping company? I have a property in Henderson right off 215 and Green Valley that needs to have some old dead grass removed and converted to desert landscape. HOA just handed over a $2300 fine and I have 90days to do the work.

Thanks,
Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #6739
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

check with doc... also if you are going from grass to desert scape. I believe that lvwd will help pay for some of it!!

http://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/ws_rebates.html
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #6740
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I bought a universal mirror from pep boys and some rubber washers and a bolt from home depot and mount it on the upper hinge hole on the body. Works well enough for lane changes, but no detail(it's a convex). Why did they say was the reason for the stop, and what did they tell you? Or are you just asking for a heads up?
Just a heads up. We're gonna run up wheelers today without front doors. Hopefully no issues arise. I will inform.
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #6741
sirhk100

Garza, that sucks to hear!!!

Guns, like others said, shoot a lot of them. They're cheap to rent at the range and you'll have fun doing it! I like my Glock 19 a lot!!! I still haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it with the .22 conversion I just recently picked up for it though.

Sweet titan a few pages back! I'll race him in the dirt! He's got a lot more power so he should win right? LOL I took a girl out in the truck last night. First time I've had one in the passenger seat that didn't scream! I was impressed! (that sounds bad!!!)

That massive JK is absurd!!! Were you at TDS this weekend or just finding pictures from it?

I cruised out to Kingman yesterday with a friend and her dad to look at a YJ. It's an ugly one but mechanically other then a possibly leaking rear trans seal or front tcase seal it looks great. Ran smooth and drove nice! He left the guy a deposit and is heading back out to pick it up today...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #6742
sirhk100

Oh, and I've never been bothered in my TJ doorless either. Then again, I've never been bothered in my truck either and I'd imagine it's a MUCH bigger illegal attention getter then the jeep is... It's got Az plates though still so maybe they cut me some slack, who knows...

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #6743
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think the whole no doors is just like the cell phone while driving. I know they will do crackdowns and pull a bunch o people over but I've driven past cops talking on my phone several times and have never been hassled. As long as you aren't giving them an actual reason to pull you over you'll be fine. With the experiences I've had with metro they are normal people just doing their job. They don't like dealing with stupid **** just as much as you do.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #6744
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I agree, I have seen tons of people driving around without plate and many other un safe for road conditions. The police around here seen to look for the bigger issues unlike Orlando where they have nothing to do and a bloated budget. They will pull you over for farting to loud.

SIRK those pics were from a buddy I think from TDS. That's the first Titan I have seen rigged up like that. They do have huge motors though.

My favorite handguns from when we belonged to a club where you can rent them were colt 1911 hands down favorite, H&K .45 semi auto, .357 magnum, .38(really fun and easy to manage)and the SIg P220 .45 cal.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #6745
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had a chance to shoot a Sig 1911 and damn near creamed my pants doing so. Fantastic pistol to fire!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #6746
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice, how is your repairs on your rig coming along puck?
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #6747
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I had a chance to shoot a Sig 1911 and damn near creamed my pants doing so. Fantastic pistol to fire!
Yea, lets get real, they make a freaking awesome 1911!
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #6748
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
nice, how is your repairs on your rig coming along puck?
I havent had a chance to touch my Jeep last week due to me being on 24hr emergency on call. Most nights I didn't get home untill after midnight. And I can't work on it this weekend cuz my wife got me tickets to a beerfest by lake Las Vegas. I'm am going to be trashed this weekend.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #6749
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

How much are tickets? Are you staying down there?
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #6750
sirhk100

Don't chance driving at that event! DUI check points and enforcement is very heavy!!!

Big motors destroy under built trucks! Hence my low powered V6 with mega suspension... LOL, bring on the titan, he'll beat me to the first bump, then by by! I've seen a handful of nicely built titans and I think they look really good done up! I'd actually consider one for a tow rig honestly. Probably not the best option but I like the look of them.

I got to use my motorized light bar last night for the first time. Totally blinged out goofy accessory but I love it!!! I used to rarely use my roof light bar unless I was really going on a dedicated night run cause I was too lazy to jump out and flip it up. Now it's just a flip of a switch on the dash and it goes up or down on command! LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.