Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #661
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome. I'd tell you to get some fender flares but I've seen so many xj's rub/rip them off

Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #662
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I lived in Seattle before and when you wheel up there you never run flares because of the trees. So I will never run flares ever on my rigs.

Too expensive to buy just to have them rip off in one trip IMHO.
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #663
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Only reason I have 6" pocket flares is because I built the jeep while living in Florida and there was so much mud you couldn't see otherwise...now I hit them on rocks all the time

When they finally rip off I'm going metal flat
Unread 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #664
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered new differential covers and rock lights. Next big adventure :-)

EDIT: and rock sliders
Unread 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #665
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What kind of rock lights?
Unread 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #666
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
What kind of rock lights?
Vision x tantrums

8 led "pods", 1 w each, so not super bright but they barely pull any power. I'm just planning on splicing the control box into my cigarete lighter behind the dash

Also comes with a remote control, and they have like 10 pre programmed strobe patterns I think.

I ordered mine in multi color, so it can cycle through green, red, blue, purple, and amber, or all be on for white-ish lights when I actually need to see the rocks and not look like a fast and furious 6 Tokyo off-road fool.

120 bucks + free shipping on amazon
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #667
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Vision x tantrums

8 led "pods", 1 w each, so not super bright but they barely pull any power. I'm just planning on splicing the control box into my cigarete lighter behind the dash

Also comes with a remote control, and they have like 10 pre programmed strobe patterns I think.

I ordered mine in multi color, so it can cycle through green, red, blue, purple, and amber, or all be on for white-ish lights when I actually need to see the rocks and not look like a fast and furious 6 Tokyo off-road fool.

120 bucks + free shipping on amazon
You'll like them, I have had them on my LJ for a couple years. Freaks people out when I hit the strobe
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #668
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

You'll like them, I have had them on my LJ for a couple years. Freaks people out when I hit the strobe
I'm pumped on them. Getting the positioning right will be a pain but def worth it I think
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #669
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

How did you mount them? Just the 3M or the screws or something else? I'm afraid the sticky tape just won't last
Unread 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #670
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How did you mount them? Just the 3M or the screws or something else? I'm afraid the sticky tape just won't last
The tape will not last. Mine are "strategically" placed. My lights are attached to aluminum brackets using the small screws. Then using places on the Jeep that already have a bolt or attachment point to anchor the aluminum bracket.

One under the front fender, one in the front of the rocker, one on rear of rocker, and one at the rear corner......obviously mirrored on the other side. There is also a pic of where my controller is mounted.

Unread 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #671
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks so much for the pictures! That's awesome. And thats where I was thinking of putting the controller too, just to keep it out of the way yet still visible.

Hopefully I can find sometime this week between installing the radio and repainting the dash to get this done before the rest of my goodies come in.

Also what did you do with the power cable? I hate plugging anything into the cigarette lighter (looks tacky) so thought I would just splice it in behind the dash?
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #672
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Since these are lights that are going in your wheel wells just run the power to your battery.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #673
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks so much for the pictures! That's awesome. And thats where I was thinking of putting the controller too, just to keep it out of the way yet still visible.

Hopefully I can find sometime this week between installing the radio and repainting the dash to get this done before the rest of my goodies come in.

Also what did you do with the power cable? I hate plugging anything into the cigarette lighter (looks tacky) so thought I would just splice it in behind the dash?
I ran the power wire under the shifter trim and it stays plugged in on the right side power outlet. It leaves the left one free for accessories like phone charger, whatever. I don't think it looks bad, I can also unplug it anytime and hide it behind the trim if need be. Plus my winch controller you see is wired in behind there and I don't want too much going on behind there causing electrical issues lol.

Oh and don't mind the empty plug holes, I just knocked those out for something new

Unread 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #674
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Went out to Wheeler Pass with VegasMatt. Drove all the way though over to Parump and got some grub. Also as you might see I go a lift kit and some new rubber, so thanks to Dr.Marn for the assistance and VegasMatt for the deal.

New tiresunlop Radial Mud Rovers 32X11.50R15 and a Pro Comp on the rear.

2.5" lift, rear springs

Before and after with the front springs

Testing out the new equipment.

Trail photos:

Full sized images are in my profile. Again, thanks to my friends who helped with install!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #675
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post

Trail photos:

Full sized images are in my profile. Again, thanks to my friends who helped with install!
Looks familiar:

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.