Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 449 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #6721
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Good you didn't get hurt. Damage doesn't look that bad in the pictures. Do you know if the kid has good insurance?
I forgot to get a picture of the actual damage. Yea we're both fine. His parents have geico.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #6722
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Buy it back from the insurance and chop the top off. Dedicated trail rig. If its cheap enough i may be interested in buying it. Oh and that really sucks man good luck on finding a replacement.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #6723
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Buy it back from the insurance and chop the top off. Dedicated trail rig. If its cheap enough i may be interested in buying it. Oh and that really sucks man good luck on finding a replacement.
Sorry after I read that it made me sound like a dick. It doesn't look all that bad but I know looks can be deceiving. If you do buy it back take all the goodies and worth keeping parts and transport them to the replacement jeep. It always sucks to go through a car wreck. Good luck man.
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #6724
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know if I'll buy it back. The insurance might let me take off the 31s, that's really the only thing worth it. Its a '93 with 240,000 miles.
other stuff
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #6725
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

And I live in an apartment so storage and working on it is not a possibility.
other stuff
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #6726
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

From what I've seen, if the insurance company accepts responsibility, they often give payouts greater than expected. In many cases, more than sale value. Don't base your estimate on KBB. Geico is a good company. I've had Geico all the way back to when they were only available to government employees. They'll take care of you.

I was looking at the same year Cherokee's and the prices weren't that bad. You might even be able to get something you like more.
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #6727
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Like a rubi TJU
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #6728
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone had an issue with law enforcement around Vegas while rolling around doorless?
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #6729
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No, but I use an outside mirror, and seatbelt. Never had an issue
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #6730
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
No, but I use an outside mirror, and seatbelt. Never had an issue
The outside mirrors come off with the doors though....
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #6731
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FameFab
Has anyone had an issue with law enforcement around Vegas while rolling around doorless?
I never did when I had a tj. It's been my experience as long as you don't give them a reason to pull you over you'll be fine. I think the legal lift limit is like 6 in, but I've never heard of anyone being fined for it.
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #6732
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
From what I've seen, if the insurance company accepts responsibility, they often give payouts greater than expected. In many cases, more than sale value. Don't base your estimate on KBB. Geico is a good company. I've had Geico all the way back to when they were only available to government employees. They'll take care of you.

I was looking at the same year Cherokee's and the prices weren't that bad. You might even be able to get something you like more.
yea hopefully they take care of me. We really want another cherokee. Not to mention i just spent $1500 on parts....
other stuff
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #6733
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FameFab View Post
The outside mirrors come off with the doors though....
Use either a mirror relocation bracket or the mirrors used for door off purposes
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #6734
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a universal mirror from pep boys and some rubber washers and a bolt from home depot and mount it on the upper hinge hole on the body. Works well enough for lane changes, but no detail(it's a convex). Why did they say was the reason for the stop, and what did they tell you? Or are you just asking for a heads up?
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #6735
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

yea hopefully they take care of me. We really want another cherokee. Not to mention i just spent $1500 on parts....
Show ALL receipts to their insurance company. They should provide you with reimbursement. Usaa did for me when the guy hit me on the freeway. His fault, his insurance, they paid for my stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.