Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 432 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #6466
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks. Looks easy enough.

Unread 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #6467
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, I have a torque wrench...and all the stuff we would need to replace it, except a tube of anti seize. If you want to change it sat afternoon, I'm down to help.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #6468
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

On second thought, that looks like a lot of steps to mess up and I'm having some dexterity issues at the moment. Could anyone recommend a super cheap mechanic?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #6469
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, I have a torque wrench...and all the stuff we would need to replace it, except a tube of anti seize. If you want to change it sat afternoon, I'm down to help.
That would be incredibly awesome if you could help.

That write up I was reading said something about copper spray. From what I've been reading, there are just as many people saying to use it with the gasket as there are people saying to use just the gasket alone. Who is right?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #6470
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've only ever used the gasket. Ive used the copper spray on head gaskets and have never had one fail. I think you will be fine either way. You are going to want to use some anti seize though. If you ever have to do it again you will thank yourself.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #6471
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I use anti sieze on everything. Especially spark plugs since I had one break off in my old 'Vette. Took 2 days to get it out.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #6472
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I was wondering who would get that.
I get it.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #6473
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Figured you might. I was thinking that it would only be the younger here that wouldn't get it, but the more I think about it, those movies have been re-released so many times it would be difficult not to get it.

Can't really say that I have a favorite movie in the series. Not really big into sci-fi/fantasy. In that genre, I prefer Lord of the Rings. I did recently watch Blade and it wasn't a bad as I thought it would be.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #6474
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

thought about you this morning listening to AM 720. Gaudin Law has a radio show on some mornings. He went on and on about how the Republicans were breaking laws by allowing Super PAC (political action committee) lobbyists. His contention was that Republican politicians opinions were being bought.

After his rant, a caller asked him if George Soros and the numerous groups he sponsors would be considered a Super PAC. His response was laughably thin. The next caller asked him if Labor Unions would be considered Super PAC. He had to go to commercial.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #6475
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They can dish it out, but they can't take it! Liberals are too funny in their hypocrisy, yet they can do no wrong and everyone else is stupid for not wanting to follow the piper!
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #6476
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Typical liberal response. They only have a problem with it if it's not in their favor.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #6477
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Everyone makes awesome points on this. In either case of carrying a knife or gun, you better be skilled in its user they'll just take it from you and use it on you. Sirhk is right, absolute last resort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
So what's the law say if some nut is chasing after you after you try to get away and end up in a scuffle with him while you are carrying? Do you pull it on him or risk him getting his hands on it in the tumble?
99% of it can all be prevented by having good situational awareness. If you pay attention and make good choices you'll likely never end up in a situation.

Also, i'd be way more hesitant to take a knife out than a gun. thats much easier to take away.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #6478
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
99% of it can all be prevented by having good situational awareness.
I think your statistic is high. I would say at the most 70%, but only a 50% chance of that.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #6479
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Did I see the news right? They're building some sort of amusement park in the lot across from Mandalay?
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #6480
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^Yabbut, 74% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Maybe only 42% of the 74% have validity.

Oh yeah... I like guns.

And I like other people who like guns. And legally own them. And stuff....
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.