Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 431 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #6451
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You're right about that. Always carry a rusty old knife or a hi point in a plastic bag with the serial scratched off just in case your assailant needs to be armed. The knife is just as effective and much less trouble.
One of my law profs used to say, "if you shoot a burglar that's running out of your house, you better drag his *** back in the living room before the cops get there."

Unread 03-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #6452
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
One of my law profs used to say, "if you shoot a burglar that's running out of your house, you better drag his *** back in the living room before the cops get there."
That's similar to what Jeff Dahmer used to say. Except he added the raping and eating part.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #6453
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I didn't start carrying at work until I had a guy go crazy on me. Now I carry my .38 s&w at work. I really need to get a semi auto that is smaller then my Springfield 1911. Hopefully after the house purchase and jeep is running that will be next on the list.
I love my ruger SR9c. I had it out to frontsight for a 2 day class and it did great. The only reason i am not taking it to the 4 day class this weekend is because my hands are huge and its not very comfortable to put 600 rounds through while doing drills and stuff. The sr9c is my daily carry.

On the flip side, with that new holster as you saw i can 100% conceal my fat-*** 1911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I am going to totally go out on a limb here and say that about 90% of companies would not let you pack heat. Well it is definitely in your best interest, it is not in theirs. Well you might shoot the meth head/crack addict that is trying to rob you, the headlines will be "Family sues (insert your company name here) for 60 million dollars after rogue employee shoots father of 17 while he was asking for directions to the democratic voting booth. "
I carry, and have carried while working for 2 different companies. the first one definitely didnt know, the current one probably does know, but who cares, don't ask dont tell.

I travel around the city alot, and go into crappy neighborhoods alot, and interact with strangers daily.

Its concealed, who cares, out of sight out of mind until i (hopefully never) have to use it, and if i ever do have to use it, i probably will be glad to be alive and not too worried about my job or company.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #6454
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone makes awesome points on this. In either case of carrying a knife or gun, you better be skilled in its user they'll just take it from you and use it on you. Sirhk is right, absolute last resort!
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #6455
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So what's the law say if some nut is chasing after you after you try to get away and end up in a scuffle with him while you are carrying? Do you pull it on him or risk him getting his hands on it in the tumble?
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #6456
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I leave my front door open, while I sit on the sofa with a loaded gun, peaking out from under a blanket waiting for someone to come in.
182097-ackbar_large.jpg  
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #6457
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

admiral_ackbar_toilet_by_bmansnuggles.jpg  
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #6458
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was wondering who would get that.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #6459
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My replacement exhaust manifold is coming in tomorrow. How difficult is that to replace? It doesn't look that difficult. All I would need would be a socket set and a torque wrench, yes?

Who's going to help me?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #6460
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
My replacement exhaust manifold is coming in tomorrow. How difficult is that to replace? It doesn't look that difficult. All I would need would be a socket set and a torque wrench, yes?

Who's going to help me?
It's probably easier that putting headers in the v8. I had to unbolt the motor mounts and jack the engine up via the oil pan to make room it was such a tight fit. Does it come with new bolts and gasket as well?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #6461
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Who's going to help me?
I replaced mine almost a year ago. It doesn't take more than a couple hours. There are some good step-by-step instructions located somewhere on the forum. Just make sure you get the gasket reside off the block before putting the new manifold on.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #6462
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It comes with a gasket. Not sure about the bolts. I had the manifold switched out with the motor about ten months ago. I know the guy used anti-sieze, so it might be easier.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #6463
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How much is a torque wrench? Less than $20?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #6464
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
There are some good step-by-step instructions located somewhere on the forum.
The gasket is a metal one. There really shouldn't be anything to scrape off, is there?

I didn't see any good write ups. If you get a few minutes, could you link one?
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #6465
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The gasket is a metal one. There really shouldn't be anything to scrape off, is there?

I didn't see any good write ups. If you get a few minutes, could you link one?
Sometimes the coating on the metal gasket leaves some build-up.

Here is the one I found for a 2.5L, not the same one I used since I have a 4.0L, but looks very close to the same steps, but with much more room.

Here is the link:

http://dailydriventj.com/forum/viewt...haust+manifold

Hope it help. Off to teach this pesky college kids some stuff.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.