Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 430 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #6436
sirhk100

Well bathroom is completely gutted! Sad to see such a nice bathroom in shambles but oh well, it's giving me an excuse to put it back even better! LOL V1.1 bathroom remodel will take affect!

Also got my actuator installed on the truck. I'll get it wired up tomorrow night probably and then my light bar will raise and lower with the flick of the switch. Completely useless honestly but kinda baller and something to get the wow factor from random people. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #6437
sirhk100

I don't really bring my gun that often. I do on road trips but usually not on day trips unless I intend to go shooting. I'm just not the packin heat 24/7 type of person I guess. I do have an Az. CCW which is accepted here but I still don't carry. Every once in a while I think maybe I should get in the mode of carrying but then I remember I need to order a couple parts for my holster that my dog decided were tasty and my mind goes elsewhere and I never order the stupid things. LOL

Unread 02-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #6438
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Roobicon, where did you find the pic of that AR mount? Do you know who makes it? That is all forms of A$$ Kickery!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #6439
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OMG this emergency on call is kicking my butt. I am so freakin' tired. I got 3 hrs of sleep last night after working 17 hours....
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #6440
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Roobicon, where did you find the pic of that AR mount? Do you know who makes it? That is all forms of A$$ Kickery!
I found it in my garage...it's my Jeep. It's a Big Sky overhead gun rack I got online frome Cabela's. I was a little concerned about drilling through my hard top but it is rock solid with no issues. I don't carry an AR all the time, but I always have a gun with me.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #6441
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Roobicon....I think you're going to be good friends with a lot of us in this forum! Gun toting crazy whites!(at least me anyways) seriously though, I'm getting to the point where I am seriously considering carrying at work too. People are just too unstable in this town. I know there are unstables everywhere, but they seem more highly concentrated here.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #6442
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a lot of hope for the future. Very few people seem to have any idea or care about what is going on in the world and what is happening to this country. I'm not paranoid, just prepared.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #6443
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I agree with Powr on carrying at work (and friends with gun toteing crazies). There are WAY too many unstable people living here. I told my wife/office manager that im going to start packing at work when I get my CCW. Lol she told me it is a good idea!
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #6444
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tomorrow I'll post meeting times and place for a trip to Anniversary Narrows/mine. You have to go through the toll booth in the Lake Mead NRA, so remember your parks pass or a couple of bucks.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #6445
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Tomorrow I'll post meeting times and place for a trip to Anniversary Narrows/mine. You have to go through the toll booth in the Lake Mead NRA, so remember your parks pass or a couple of bucks.
how much "hiking" is involved?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #6446
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I didn't start carrying at work until I had a guy go crazy on me. Now I carry my .38 s&w at work. I really need to get a semi auto that is smaller then my Springfield 1911. Hopefully after the house purchase and jeep is running that will be next on the list.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #6447
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am going to totally go out on a limb here and say that about 90% of companies would not let you pack heat. Well it is definitely in your best interest, it is not in theirs. Well you might shoot the meth head/crack addict that is trying to rob you, the headlines will be "Family sues (insert your company name here) for 60 million dollars after rogue employee shoots father of 17 while he was asking for directions to the democratic voting booth. "
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #6448
sirhk100

I like my Glock 19 for CCW. I use a comp-tac holster setup with it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

But that said, and like I said last night. I don't carry. There's been 2 times in the 3 years I've lived here that I wished I'd had it on me though. Screw it, maybe today I'll get those parts for my holster on order. 1 time was a dude that chased me down in my car and when he finally caught up to me, he thought I was someone else. 2nd time was a guy at the 7/11 on the corner of trop and boulder that was asking for money. Told him I didn't have any and he got pissed. Wasn't an issue but would've been a little more piece of mind having it.

All I can say though is before you draw it out on someone you better be damn well sure it's needed. If you're just in a physical fight and they don't have a weapon you better keep it holstered unless you're on the ground getting your face kicked in. It's absolutely last resort... The other thing is you better make sure before you draw it that there wasn't an opportunity to get away, exit, and just flat out avoid the incident cause if you don't and you pull the trigger you're screwed. "I feared for my life" is not a slam dunk argument. If you feared for your life and could've ran, but instead pulled the trigger you're going to pay a price for that decision.

Unread 03-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #6449
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Headed off to LA in a few for the weekend...hopefully nothing happens while I am gone.
Unread 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #6450
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I like my Glock 19 for CCW. I use a comp-tac holster setup with it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

But that said, and like I said last night. I don't carry. There's been 2 times in the 3 years I've lived here that I wished I'd had it on me though. Screw it, maybe today I'll get those parts for my holster on order. 1 time was a dude that chased me down in my car and when he finally caught up to me, he thought I was someone else. 2nd time was a guy at the 7/11 on the corner of trop and boulder that was asking for money. Told him I didn't have any and he got pissed. Wasn't an issue but would've been a little more piece of mind having it.

All I can say though is before you draw it out on someone you better be damn well sure it's needed. If you're just in a physical fight and they don't have a weapon you better keep it holstered unless you're on the ground getting your face kicked in. It's absolutely last resort... The other thing is you better make sure before you draw it that there wasn't an opportunity to get away, exit, and just flat out avoid the incident cause if you don't and you pull the trigger you're screwed. "I feared for my life" is not a slam dunk argument. If you feared for your life and could've ran, but instead pulled the trigger you're going to pay a price for that decision.
You're right about that. Always carry a rusty old knife or a hi point in a plastic bag with the serial scratched off just in case your assailant needs to be armed. The knife is just as effective and much less trouble.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.