Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 422 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #6316
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

ha we had a new airman go to the parts counter to get us a fallopian tube... the prob was the parts person was a female msgt she didnt think it was so funny

Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #6317
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

See that heat shield? It's on there pretty good. I'd have to remove the whole manifold, to remove the heat shield, to apply the temporary fix. Might as well wait until I can get a replacement so I won't have to do all that again.
main.jpg  
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #6318
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

alldata pays 3 hrs for the exhaust manifold r&r so that means it should take an hr and 1/2 lol quick and easy
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #6319
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep
ha we had a new airman go to the parts counter to get us a fallopian tube... the prob was the parts person was a female msgt she didnt think it was so funny
Oh how I miss the days of harassing Airmen. Sending them for some flight line, K9 pee floor stripper, prop wash, etc....
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #6320
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep
hey puck one quick check you may wanna do is pull the oil fill cap and look at it... if theres a huge amount of booger looking goop on it you prob have a blown head... the issues you discribe sound way to much like a heat issue not a cab issue carbs will run like crap all the time not just when hot.... now that being said also look at your fuel lines make shure they are not running close to an exhaust manifold or real close to the engine block that could cause the great vapor lock... if you dont have it figured out by sat hit me up i can prob swing by and take a look at it see what i can come up with... i hate carbs with a passion and my "rebuild" has always been unbolt one turn around drop in trash bolt new one on so i wont be much help there but i will be able to tell you if that is your issue
Good call with the vapor lock man. That is totally what was happening to pucks FSJ I just couldn't remember term. I kept saying heat soak but I knew there was a better term.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #6321
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Not looking good. The manifold was replaced when I replaced the motor. I had it shipped to the shop and I don't have the invoice that was shipped with it. I'm not very confident they'll honor the warranty.
I think I caught a break. I was looking through an old email account and found the invoice from almost a year ago. I'll call them in the morning and see how well they honor the warranty. I imagine they're going to get me with shipping.
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #6322
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

so for the first time in about a year and a half i have this whole weekend off, whos going where? I have only been to Apex and the trail in redrock (mormon wells?)
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #6323
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I think I caught a break. I was looking through an old email account and found the invoice from almost a year ago. I'll call them in the morning and see how well they honor the warranty. I imagine they're going to get me with shipping.
I had a 99 Sahara that went through 2 exhaust manifolds. First one was under warranty and the second one i replaced just two weeks before it got totaled when a meth head blew through a red light and t-boned me. I thought I heard that familiar sound on Saturday night as you were leaving to head home but forgot to mention it to you.
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #6324
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, a few people have mentioned that it sounded like a leak. I didn't think it was possible since it was just replaced in May. I was in denial. It never bothered me until it got really loud today.

It doesn't look that hard to replace. My main concern would be a broken bolt, but everything was just replaced in May. Hopefully, the bolts won't be too hard to remove.
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #6325
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
I want to get out on Saturday with the wife and kid. Just have to be home by 5. If we can pick something the wife will like, we could have a group.
I might be able to talk the Mrs into it too if you care for company we have dinner so would need to be back around 5 ish too. I'm hoping to talk him into it.... Of course I'll be grilled again about whether y'all are rapists or murderers
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #6326
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
y'all are rapists or murderers
What's wrong with that?
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #6327
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
I might be able to talk the Mrs into it too if you care for company we have dinner so would need to be back around 5 ish too. I'm hoping to talk him into it.... Of course I'll be grilled again about whether y'all are rapists or murderers
No ma'am. Just a lawyer.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #6328
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile

Just tell him you're meeting everyone for a gang bang that he's not invited to. That will make him feel better about it and stop grilling you. Honesty is the best policy! , j/k, probably won't take the joke well. Most of us are married family type people, with the exception of sturgio, and a sirhk. Where was everyone thinking? I have the baby and/or gun show on Saturday. Trails can't be too crazy because of the little one, but don't pick a trail just for me, I may not be able to make it anyway.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #6329
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That just means he rapes everyone.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #6330
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lawyer=paid rapist! just kidding...again

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.