Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 42 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #616
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

"take it out and play with it"

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #617
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone got some words on advice:

Trying to quantify the cost of an axle regear + bearings + lockers
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #618
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tagsrover
What do you want to do? With that 4 banger I would put a couple of lunch box lockers in it and run it. I ran tru locks in a 350SB powered CJ7 with 37" tires, NP435 4 speed, and a Dana 300 TC, never had an issue.

If the plan is to add more power, I would look into a G2 D44 with a OX/ARB 4WD parts Has them at about 2500 figure gears bearing locker labor if needed is at or near there But added piece of mind with a D44.
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #619
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Doubt I would ever go bigger than 35's with this jeep, especially without built axles. Seems like a waste and just asking for trouble with an old jeep.

But I guess I'm saving time and money by flight everything at once.
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #620
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ran a lockright in my old CJ7 and once you got used to it's on road habits it was great and never had an issue. It was noisy but that was just a reminder that I'd upgraded the jeeps capabilities.

On my current TJ I'm juggling the difference between just putting some aftermarket axles in mine along with a lockright vs. Explorer 8.8 swap with regear to match the front and locker. It's a pretty substantial price difference not to mention my lack of labor motivation in making the 8.8 fit. I've got till fall though to figure it out most likely.
DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #621
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

An axle swap would be more enticing except living in an apartment...no where to work and can't leave half a jeep in the parking lot.

At the same time dumping a lot of money into axles makes them nice and strong, but everything else on the jeep is 12 years and 134k miles old
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #622
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I'm tossing the same issues back and forth! Slide in some superior axles and toss in a lunchbox... Can do it fairly cheap and in a day vs. quite a bit of fab work. Luckily I have a garage and am capable of doing it... It's just a matter of how far I really want to dive in. I'm already on 35's with 4.56 gears. I do need to do a SYE sooner then later too though. I'm sick of staring at that lowered skidplate.
Unread 06-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #623
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I know, mine is dropped like 2 inches and I hate it, but it allowed me to lift for cheaper. And actually I don't think I've gotten hung up on it yet.

But I'm not changing it until I have the money for a sye, new driveshaft, and belly up lift, that way I can do it all at once and the right way
Unread 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #624
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok so the time has come again for me to ATTEMPT to get a run together....

i will be in town next weekend and the follwing week until thur. (june 17-23)

i am busy fri and sat due to my brothers wedding and of course sun is fathers day.

is there any people on here that dont work during the week or have a day off during the week and want to go wheeling? i want to make a run to logandale.

the more the merrier.

let me know guys....

chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #625
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
ok so the time has come again for me to ATTEMPT to get a run together....

i will be in town next weekend and the follwing week until thur. (june 17-23)

i am busy fri and sat due to my brothers wedding and of course sun is fathers day.

is there any people on here that dont work during the week or have a day off during the week and want to go wheeling? i want to make a run to logandale.

the more the merrier.

let me know guys....

chris
Man I wish I could but I'm only a Fri-Sun wheeler. And I'm headed back to TX that weekend for Fathers day. Hopefully some peeps will chime in.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #626
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yea i hope someone wants to get together otherwise im not gonna tow the jeep all the way up there to not go out.

i understand its hard to get people together during the week but that just happens to be when i'll be in vegas

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #627
Death_Valley_TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Anyone here rocking home made quick discos?
Hey I've got some Nth degree dicos that I would let go cheap. I used them a little but have since installed an Antirock. PM me if you are interested.
Death_Valley_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #628
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey was wondering if anybody out there would like to help me install some new springs on my ZJ.

I'm having the hardest time with these things lol

So if your bored and are free please help a fellow Vegas Jeeper.

702 582 8557
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #629
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what's kicking your butt with them? There might be something simple you're forgetting that we can just tell you right here online to make your life easier!
Unread 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #630
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I can't get the axle to droop anymore. I've disconnected the shocks, brake line bracket. These springs are "SUPPOSEDLY" 4-4.5" long compared to just having my 2" BB

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.