Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 405 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #6061
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

On his own power.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #6062
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh for fukcs sakes could things get any better? You damn right they can! How about this for a day in a life, get up ay 6am to get things Rollin' on your whip at the DMV, next wake the kids and get them ready, lastly get the better half outta bed. Oh wait you have to shower? Damn now you want food? Ok, so get to the DMV a hour later then you wanted to, no biggie o got this. Get the temp tag and roll out back to Teh house and get said whip. Drive down the road happy as hell cuz you now hav your own car after a few years. Get to the mechanics shop for a inspection and quick tune up and hual a$$ to a muffler shop to get rid of the rusted heap hanging on for dear life, $120 later BAM! Whip sounds better. Drive it to a terribles lube for a smog, Dick head behind the counter turns you away cuz your whip smells funny. W/e find a smog box and tip the kid an extra $10 bucks cuz he passed it even with the smells. Now for the fun part..... Go back to the DMV @ 3 pm and wait to get plates for it, all the while knowing that at 5pm you have to meet up with the new friends to go on a trail run at night. Minutes tic by getting closer to 5pm, line of a$$holes in the DMV gets longer. Finally at 5:20pm you get out of the hell known as the DMV an haul butt cheeks to meet up with every one. So make it to the trail head, better half calls "uhh where are you?" "umm.. The trail?" "you have untill 7;30 to get home" "crap!" So drive down the trail thinking well this is going well, motor dies...... So much for that! Going home off the mountain things start to suck REALLY bad.... Motor will not run past idle speed, babay it as much as you can untill it wont go any more. Freeze Teh butt cheeks off cuz I have no jacket. Friends pitch in for trial fix that didn't work. Get towed out the rest of the way, start the pig and it runs WTF? Hual a$$ back home almost not making it cuz its starts it crap again.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #6063
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Guys thanks so much for the help. This wont happen again. I am going to be rerunning every rubber hose to that motor. Also im am buyinh a new carb to make sure it will run right. And fix the freakin leaks!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #6064
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

Smells funny at smog.....now runs like crap I'm guessing you picked up some bad gas or junk in the bottom of your tank did you put any new fuel in it
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #6065
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hey. **** happens. But you got home, and didn't have to leave it behind. That's all that really matters.
Unread 02-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #6066
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good thing we had that Ford truck...at least I didn't have to haul Puck's butt off the mountain.
Unread 02-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #6067
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Puck-what carb is on that thing? If its a Holley, I'll help you rebuild it for (last time I did it) $40 for the kit. Im sure other makes are available too, but im more familiar with the holleys. New carb is around 3-5 hundred, and usually not required. If you need help fixing stuff, don't go to a shop, they rape you, ask someone here. When I'm free and shtuff settles around here, I'll help, and I'm sure others are willing too.
Unread 02-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #6068
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Carb? I thought you got an XJ. What hose was broken?
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #6069
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It could have been worse, Puck. We could have been running Wheelers Pass or Mormon Well. Glad you got it home. Hopefully, the wife didn't beat you up.
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #6070
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would say a carb rebuild, all new vac hoses ( then start removing some of that cali smog stuff), then flush and repair the tank. With the amount of fumes coming out there is a big chance that water went in where the fumes are coming out of. I would also go through and tighten up every bolt that you can. Also your spare was moving around like crazy on the trail.

Otherwise it was doing great on the way out of the valley @ 75mph so it is probably just a bunch of little stuff from sitting for so long
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #6071
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cottonwood Pass

but this was my view most of the night...staring at Marn's ***

Now it's time to break out the pressure washer and clean the big pieces off...
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #6072
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How late did you get it moving again? I think we left just before 9PM.

If any of you haven't run that trail during the day, add it to your list. The trail we took last night was about as easy as it gets, but if you noticed there were a few side trails along the way. Some were just as easy, but you could also find some trouble back there if that's what you want.
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #6073
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
It could have been worse, Puck. We could have been running Wheelers Pass or Mormon Well. Glad you got it home. Hopefully, the wife didn't beat you up.
It could have been WAAAAAAAAY worse and you could have been wheeling with a buncha jerks who wouldn't give you a lil tow!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #6074
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
How late did you get it moving again? I think we left just before 9PM.

If any of you haven't run that trail during the day, add it to your list. The trail we took last night was about as easy as it gets, but if you noticed there were a few side trails along the way. Some were just as easy, but you could also find some trouble back there if that's what you want.
We got out of there 10ish. Gonna have to make a run through there during the day and check it out too.
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #6075
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Interesting stuff going on with electric conversions.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...ner/index.html

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.