Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#7,842 ·
What cracks me up is that you expect someone that is spending that kind of cash on a toy to have a house that is a little upgraded too!! Or maybe the house was handed down to him by his parents, he refinanced during the boom and now is in foreclosure so he could build a $170k toy!!!

#7,845 ·
I am overly disgusted spent all afternoon with my brother inlaw looking for a car there hurting bad and only have 2k to spend.i know with that budget I can't expect much but lord every car we looked at I would have offered them like 500 and they where asking around 2500 one of them had been in a wreck they superglued the airbags back in and put a dash matt over it.... I mean come on its not a old cj where its ok to pay 4x what its worth

#7,847 ·
It sounds like you are in a hurry which is never good when looking for a car. You have to constantly be checking the likely places. You also have to be quick. My first 3 cars where less then a thousand dollars altogether. Only one wasn't running. I'll keep an eye out and give any leads I find. Is there anything in particular he has to have?

#7,850 ·
Police have filed charges against the homeowner in summerlin who shot and killed the "burgler" in the back yard.

#7,853 ·
Powrjunkey said:
Police have filed charges against the homeowner in summerlin who shot and killed the "burgler" in the back yard.
Where did you see that? As of 6pm the police were only investigating it and then have to send the report to the DA's office and they determine whether or not to file charges against the homeowner. But, the coroner did rule the death as a homicide, but that was the last news on it I saw.

#7,854 ·
Where did you see that? As of 6pm the police were only investigating it and then have to send the report to the DA's office and they determine whether or not to file charges against the homeowner. But, the coroner did rule the death as a homicide, but that was the last news on it I saw.
It should be ruled as pesticide. I wouldn't say a word to the police without a lawyer.

#7,856 ·
PolkaPower said:
What? Castle law doesn't apply in the yard? WTF is this B.S.? Maybe all of the other "Damarcus's" will get the message that ****** don't play around in Nevada.
I believe Nevada has no such castle law. I know it's more common back east. Just speculating because I've never heard of it cited or even mentioned in Nevada. Why other reason would he have had to be in that guy's yard? People are taking too many liberties with other peoples' ish! As more people try to rob/burglarize, hopefully more of them will get shot down! It sounds harsh, but it's the best way to stop crime. What's more of a risk, death or prison? Don't do the crime then!

#7,857 ·
What? Castle law doesn't apply in the yard? WTF is this B.S.? Maybe all of the other "Damarcus's" will get the message that ****** don't play around in Nevada.
Uhm....did you really just say that?

#7,860 ·
And on that note, no , "Castle law" does not apply in Nevada, we essentially have castle doctrine lite. We have a stand your ground law but it doesn't justify any and all killings on your property, nor does it hold you civilly harmless even in the event that its ruled justified.

This comment has nothing to do with the circumstances of the shooting, nor my opinions on what should or should not be allowed, but you cant just shoot somebody for being in your yard. at least not in nevada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.