Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 392 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #5866
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Did you figure out that pop in the steering?
Sort of. I think it's coming from the box or the steering shaft. I jacked it up and the noise went away. Then I let the right side down and still no noise. Left side down right side up, no noise. Truck on the ground pop pop. I went over the TB bolts, bracket, end links and nothing helped. The tie rods all look good and their is no obvious play in the ball joints. I checked the mounting spots for the box and it all looks fine, no tears in the unibody. The wife will be home soon eager to help I am sure.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #5867
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
dude you are the "Trail Boss" you cannot back you. Where has Davidson at? I need to talk to our prez about this BS. I guess this is something that needs to be brought up at our next meeting!!!!
I know you aren't accusing me of being asleep at the switch ...

YSB's seemingly erratic behavior and homosexual tendencies will be discussed at the upcoming executive committee meeting. Those of you invited know the time and place, those of you who don't .... well ..... try harder next year.

My jeep is in the shop right now getting some warranty work done. I was wheeling the other day, heard a loud snap, and my Rubicon electro-disco broke. Let's just say the extended warranty just paid for itself on that part alone. I'm actually impressed that Chrysler is standing behind something that basically will only break off road. Funny thing is I wasn't crawling over anything, just making a turn on a relatively flat surface when it went.

The other funny thing is I've been driving this rental dodge avenger (also paid for by the warranty) and I'm still waiving at the jeeps.
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #5868
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
do some trails up in tahoe... some kick butt trails up there.
I was hoping for some snow shoe trails while I'm there
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #5869
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
The rubicon in the snow if your a bad a$$. Lol

from looking at the ski resorts up there and the lack of snowfall this year, I would bet that a good portion of it is very passable
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #5870
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I know you aren't accusing me of being asleep at the switch ...

YSB's seemingly erratic behavior and homosexual tendencies will be discussed at the upcoming executive committee meeting. Those of you invited know the time and place, those of you who don't .... well ..... try harder next year.

My jeep is in the shop right now getting some warranty work done. I was wheeling the other day, heard a loud snap, and my Rubicon electro-disco broke. Let's just say the extended warranty just paid for itself on that part alone. I'm actually impressed that Chrysler is standing behind something that basically will only break off road. Funny thing is I wasn't crawling over anything, just making a turn on a relatively flat surface when it went.

The other funny thing is I've been driving this rental dodge avenger (also paid for by the warranty) and I'm still waiving at the jeeps.

I cannot wait to use my warranty... even though I did just only roll over 10k miles. I did buy that 4 oil changes for $60 though. It was $60 out the door too, no stupid little fee's added.

Is the executive committee meeting before or after the board of trustee presentation that we are doing? or do we just want to combine them?
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #5871
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man im board.... I wish some one would come and drink some beer with me.... I has a case of beer to drink
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #5872
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Man im board.... I wish some one would come and drink some beer with me.... I has a case of beer to drink
Don't you have a jeep that needs to be gone through before you take it out on the trail?
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #5873
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Don't you have a jeep that needs to be gone through before you take it out on the trail?
Yes and no. the 4wd is the only thing I questioning right now. But it needs to be registered befor I can drive it to the dirt. It was driven from Cali to here so I know It drives, and I took a drive from across town in it after I got it, it drivrs and rides well.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #5874
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think the noise is coming from my IRO track bar bracket. I have to pull it off to check the frame.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #5875
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was researching about CB's and can't find an answer to this so, I pose the question to you fine men. I have a CB that can receive weather channels and CB transmissions, but when I try to transmit others only receive a high pitched whine.

Have a look at my antenna. It's a Firestik and I think the installation may be the issue. That bracket it's mounted to is my passenger side mirror relocator that I never use. The Firestik seems to fit just fine, but I don't know if the antenna needs to be grounded. If it does, I know that bracket has a rust coating and the body it's attached to is painted. Not a good ground.

That wire you see going up toward the windshield was an experiment I tried directly grounding to the battery. It didn't seem to help. Anyone have any tech support to share?
2012-02-23_19-04-04_217.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #5876
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
What side of town??
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #5877
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
I was researching about CB's and can't find an answer to this so, I pose the question to you fine men. I have a CB that can receive weather channels and CB transmissions, but when I try to transmit others only receive a high pitched whine.

Have a look at my antenna. It's a Firestik and I think the installation may be the issue. That bracket it's mounted to is my passenger side mirror relocator that I never use. The Firestik seems to fit just fine, but I don't know if the antenna needs to be grounded. If it does, I know that bracket has a rust coating and the body it's attached to is painted. Not a good ground.

That wire you see going up toward the windshield was an experiment I tried directly grounding to the battery. It didn't seem to help. Anyone have any tech support to share?
You have a loose wire in your mic or where the mic plugs into the cb.
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #5878
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Or the mic is wired for a different cb
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #5879
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
YSB's seemingly erratic behavior and homosexual tendencies will be discussed at the upcoming executive committee meeting.
Oh, it's on now! Your days of tyranny are near its end! I'm running against you Pres. Davidson and I'm totally gonna go Castro in here!
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #5880
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
You've seen this problem before? It all seemed tight enough, but I'll have to check the mic again. Maybe just replace it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.