Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 390 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #5836
sirhk100

By the way, are there any radio communications type places here in town? I got everything for my intercom ordered except the cables between the box and the headsets cause they wanted $50 each! Sorry, I'm going to do some research before I drop $100 for two simple cords! They're probably a pretty standard type cord.

I'm 99% sure that's what I need. My concern is I might also need a set of these cables depending on how the helmet I buy this weekend is wired. I swear every race helmet I've worn has that large audio style jack to plug into but it's been years since I've worn one and I just don't totally remember. They want $24 per cable for this one... $365 for the headsets and box is a smoking deal but then I potentially have another $150 in cables!!! OUCH!!! I'll do some serious shopping before I jump on that grenade!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #5837
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

it is funny how much they charge for something that cost them 5 bucks to make. Sounds alot like the HDMI cables.
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #5838
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
By the way, are there any radio communications type places here in town? I got everything for my intercom ordered except the cables between the box and the headsets cause they wanted $50 each! Sorry, I'm going to do some research before I drop $100 for two simple cords! They're probably a pretty standard type cord.

I'm 99% sure that's what I need. My concern is I might also need a set of these cables depending on how the helmet I buy this weekend is wired. I swear every race helmet I've worn has that large audio style jack to plug into but it's been years since I've worn one and I just don't totally remember. They want $24 per cable for this one... $365 for the headsets and box is a smoking deal but then I potentially have another $150 in cables!!! OUCH!!! I'll do some serious shopping before I jump on that grenade!
Try radio shack. I haven't been inside one for 10 years but I think they carry that stuff.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #5839
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm planning to attend the saturday night run.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #5840
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Try radio shack. I haven't been inside one for 10 years but I think they carry that stuff.
That's exactly what I was going to do! I've got a set of the cables at home from the system we have for the race truck so I figured I'd walk in with them so I can hopefully match them up. If not, swap meet this weekend will likely have them also! I totally agree with the crazy markup on cables! HDMI is almost just as bad like mentioned above!

Unread 02-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #5841
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a maybe for sat trail
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #5842
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Sirhk, have a look in Fry's. They have a large selection of cables. They are probably your best chance of finding it locally.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #5843
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There's a chance I won't be able to make it Saturday. My wife is supposed to be off at 3:00, but she's almost never out on time. Since she's salary, it's a weekend and there are a few conventions in town, I'd give it 50/50 now.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #5844
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
There's a chance I won't be able to make it Saturday. My wife is supposed to be off at 3:00, but she's almost never out on time. Since she's salary, it's a weekend and there are a few conventions in town, I'd give it 50/50 now.
I will call in a bomb threat if you want.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #5845
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post

dude you are the "Trail Boss" you cannot back you. Where has Davidson at? I need to talk to our prez about this BS. I guess this is something that needs to be brought up at our next meeting!!!!
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #5846
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Sirhk, have a look in Fry's. They have a large selection of cables. They are probably your best chance of finding it locally.
Hmmmm, would've never considered going there. I'll give it a shot for sure before dishing out the big bucks on the platnum center gold plated with diamond studded cables that Rugged and PCI sell! LOL

Unread 02-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #5847
sirhk100

So, you know what's pathetic... I've got a $100 gift card for best buy yet I can't think of anything I really want from there. I'm not a gamer, I steal all my music from online, I don't really buy movies cause I watch them once typically and never watch them again, $100 ain't buying me a mega sized tv, stereo, or other crazy thing and I'm not in the market for any of that anyways. Only thing I can think of is maybe one of those wifi enabled blue ray players so I can stream netflix.... I might just hold it till like next winter when all the sales kick in again. My parents HATE my TV that I have right now and have tossed out the idea of some Xmas if I wanted, they'd split a TV purchase of my choice 50/50. So maybe I'll take them up on that this time around and just hold the best buy card to put towards my 50% of the purchase!!! LOL The part that sucks is then I'm dropping a chunk of change right at the same time I'm spending it on gifts too so I'd be extra broke that Xmas! But I'd have a baller new blinged out TV to rot my brain in front of!!!

It made more sense when I bought it in Az cause my living room at my house out there is HUGE!

Unread 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #5848
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm nobodies boss. I suggested a route. Nobody has to follow it. I also have no aux lights. I'll lead us all off a cliff.
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #5849
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I will call in a bomb threat if you want.
MGM properties have their own team of detection dogs. I always see them in the lower garage playing. I doubt they would take any bomb threat seriously. Al Queda never gives courtesy calls.
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #5850
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, you know what's pathetic... I've got a $100 gift card for best buy yet I can't think of anything I really want from there.
I have a $50 card from over a year ago and can't think of anything I want either. I'm sure if I didn't have it, there would be plenty I'd want with it.

Regift it. My birthday is in August.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.