Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #556
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD View Post
Anyone in Vegas have a 2011 JK with a manual transmission??? I'll give you a set of billet shift knobs in exchange for simply letting me install them on your vehicle! No catch at all, no gimick other then you get some free parts and I get the info I need to approve a sample part or make changes so we can go to production.

Also, I'll have to start watching for future runs! I'm busy next two weekends in a row but I'd love to get out with some of the local jeep people on a run in mine.

Mcroberts just picked up a 2011 JK, not sure if it's stick though. Shoot him a PM, i think he posted about buying it a page or two back.

If you ever wanna build anything for an old *** wagoneer, let me know haha.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #557
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

LOL, trust me, there's LOTS of things I'd love to build for a lot of vehicles but convincing the head of sales and the guy who's name is on the building that the investment is worth it is the part I have a problem with! LOL

Thanks for the heads up, I'll shoot him a PM right now.

Khris
DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #558
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How is that Chinese radiator holding up? I need to get a water pump, t stat, and a aluminum radiator and do an e fan conversion on my ZJ before I go out wheeling this summer in the heat since my jeeps a V8 it gets a bit warm.

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #559
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
How is that Chinese radiator holding up? I need to get a water pump, t stat, and a aluminum radiator and do an e fan conversion on my ZJ before I go out wheeling this summer in the heat since my jeeps a V8 it gets a bit warm.

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
My jeep is a 40 year old v8, and it runs cool enough, haha.

The chinese radiator has been good, and it has a good waranty if i remember correctly.

Vegas Matt had one that sprung a leak after like a year i think, but the seller sent him a new one.

Mine has been good, and has cooled really well.

People say a lower t-stat will not change your running temp, but i dont believe that. If it's not fully open until it reaches say 190 degrees, how can the radiator work 100% and keep it any lower than 190?

I had a 195 degree (stock) t-stat in my truck and it would run constantly at 210, got as high as 235 once (pushing up hill at 50mph towards nelson, when it was 115 degrees out). I put in a 180 or something when i did the radiator, and the truck hasnt passed 190 (okay, maybe like 192).

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #560
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD
LOL, trust me, there's LOTS of things I'd love to build for a lot of vehicles but convincing the head of sales and the guy who's name is on the building that the investment is worth it is the part I have a problem with! LOL

Thanks for the heads up, I'll shoot him a PM right now.

Khris
If you ever wanna experiment on a tj I am happy to offer mine up

Say for example...a supercharger for the 4 banger
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #561
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

so guys, any plans for this weekend? i would like to hit up some trials... thats is as a passenger in some ones rig, fuel paid buy me.....
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #562
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My parents and little sister are in town for the weekend so I'm down to ride and show them around, but they means my TJ is full.
Unread 05-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #563
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Plans, Hussongs and steel panther tonight, tomorrow morning heading to johnson valley out in Cali where the king of the hammers are held and taking my dirt bike to ride. Might get a jeep run or two in but mostly going to ride and visit family friends. Staying till monday, work on Tues.
Unread 05-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #564
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD
Plans, Hussongs and steel panther tonight, tomorrow morning heading to johnson valley out in Cali where the king of the hammers are held and taking my dirt bike to ride. Might get a jeep run or two in but mostly going to ride and visit family friends. Staying till monday, work on Tues.
Death to all but metal \m/
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #565
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

HAHA, someone knows whats up! I'm actually going out to celebrate mine and another friends b-days. I'm just average joe. Other dude is fricken baller!

He races this...

Unread 05-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #566
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep party at mandalay bay apparently:
forumrunner_20110527_225807.jpg  
Unread 05-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #567
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

whos is that??
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #568
needmesome2
1997 ZJ 

I was going to do the DIF Pinion seal so I just wanted to ask this is the D35 and not the good C8.25 right
sdc11632.jpg  
needmesome2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #569
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmesome2
I was going to do the DIF Pinion seal so I just wanted to ask this is the D35 and not the good C8.25 right
Sorry, on my phone and can't see well enough to tell you, but hopefully that picture helps?
images.jpeg  
Unread 05-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #570
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Also. Looks like a group is getting together to run potato five tomorrow (sunday)

Meet at the chevron on rainbow/blue diamond at 9:00 and roll out at 9:30

This run is awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.