Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 352 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #5266
sirhk100

Ouch, any thoughts of buying a newer vehicle just went out the window! I've gotta renew my Mazda which is an '05 and they want $164 for it. Versus my 1989 toyota pickup that I currently have registered in Az. till 2016! That 5 yr. registration fee was $64 total!!!! LOL I'd register my truck here but they won't let me. Not my fault they don't want my money here! I'd love to be legal but since I can't jump thru their hoops I'm SOL till I find a cop that will just do the vehicle inspection for me and let one small detail slide. LOL

I don't remember what I pay for my '01 Jeep.

Speaking of jeep, I drove it to work today for the first time since the transmission swap! Need to figure out a vibration issue on it but it's doing good in general!

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #5267
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I just helped my little brother buy his first car. A 96 Toyota corolla with 132000 miles. It was $69 to register. I'm thinking about registering all of my vehicles in lincoln county. Ins will be cheaper and no smog. My grandparents live in caliente so I will have an address there.

On a side note it looks like I will be taking a trip to the JY this weekend anybody want me to keep an eye out for anything?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #5268
sirhk100

I'm probably going to be walking the yards this weekend sometime also. Looking for a set of Dana 44 spindles/hubs off an older ford. Not sure if I'm going to pull and buy them this weekend but want to at least see how many are out there.

On a side note, anyone with a TJ that has a manual trans and 4.0 interested in doing me a HUGE favor? It would probably take about 30 minutes max!!! I'd love to install your computer in my jeep and just drive it around the block to see if it runs properly and shuts off my check engine light! I've got word that I need to find the exact computer from an '01 TJ to swap into mine to fix my issue but that drastically narrows down my selection.

I've found a couple computer pictures though that make me wonder if that's really true because they lead me to believe that I might be able to just put in any TJ computer from a manual vehicle and it would work. I'd love to test it though before I spend $100+ to find out it didn't work out for me!
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #5269
sirhk100

Basically, this is a manual computer out of an '01. This would be the EXACT computer I need...

And this is out of a '99 manual.

Notice the "p56041" part number is the same? The digits to the right that are larger are the rest of the part number but since the prefix is the same it makes me wonder if the last digits just call out that individual unit. I believe every ECU is numbered different cause they have the VIN programmed in so they've gotta differentiate them somehow. I'm going to run by the jeep dealer on my lunch break and quiz them to see what they know...
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #5270
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

one would think that it is just programming inside and it could be possible to have your current ecu re programmed.
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #5271
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
When I was still in the military I bought a GTI and I was going to title/register it in FL. They told me that I would have to pay the tax difference from VA to title it. It was a almost 3k, needless to say I kept the VA title and registration.

Every state is different on how they get your money, but one thing for sure is that they will get your money. The same thing goes for car insurance, My insurance actually went up when I moved from Newport News, Va to Wichita Falls, Tx. I was told that Texas has a higher number of uninsured drivers and natural disasters. It pretty much stayed the same when I moved out here, but it has slowly started creeping up every few months. When I ask why I get the bs story that it would have gone up more if it was not for my other discounts... FU. And another thing how the fuuck did my insurance go up when I went from a loaded 2008 Tahoe to a 2005 wrangler sport?

Daily rant complete, now to find the motivation to work.
I got a killer rate for mine and my BF's car from Denis at Liberty Mutual. If you want his ny
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #5272
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'd let you give mine a try, but my 2001 is an auto.

Off to the mines again. Later, Jeeps.
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #5273
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm healing! I pulled my stitches out the other night.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #5274
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
one would think that it is just programming inside and it could be possible to have your current ecu re programmed.
I talked to my Uncle who's a tech over at chapman jeep and he says basically at their level with the equipment they have all they really can do is reprogram the vin number. They can't do anything beyond that and reflashing the factory settings. The catch is, the computer that does the reflash only sets back to what that physical computer actual began life as. So they can't do a auto into a manual or vice versa, I already asked that! Also, I've promised the person that bought my auto from me that I'd get my ecu to them once i found a manual to toss in my jeep. They're not in a major hurry but I'm trying to find one sooner then later so I don't keep them hanging and I'd rather keep my jeep operational even with just the CEL on. Stupid computers!!!! LOL
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #5275
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can someone recommend a place to take the conceal/carry class?...I want to do the NV/UT class so I'm covered elswhere.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #5276
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Can someone recommend a place to take the conceal/carry class?...I want to do the NV/UT class so I'm covered elswhere. Also do I have/need to register my gun before the class? Sorry I'm newb with the NV gun laws.
I took both my initial and renewal courses at American Shooters on Arville. It is a full day for the initial class and 2-3 hours for the renewal. Some people want to find a quick and easy Concealed Carry course that will pencil whip your test and send you on your way in 20 minutes. I find value in good firearms instruction and figure I am paying for it so I might as well benefit from it.

BTW, not sure if they offer UT permit class...
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #5277
sirhk100

Garza, You're still using your ECU right? Cause the AW4 uses a separate computer to run it? I was thinking even if I just tried plugging yours into mine and took it for a spin that would for sure answer the question of if I absolutely have to have the same model year or if just any 6cyl, Manual TJ computer would work...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #5278
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
I took both my initial and renewal courses at American Shooters on Arville. It is a full day for the initial class and 2-3 hours for the renewal. Some people want to find a quick and easy Concealed Carry course that will pencil whip your test and send you on your way in 20 minutes. I find value in good firearms instruction and figure I am paying for it so I might as well benefit from it.

BTW, not sure if they offer UT permit class...
Cool thanks, no I want the full deal! I'll check them out.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #5279
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Garza, You're still using your ECU right? Cause the AW4 uses a separate computer to run it? I was thinking even if I just tried plugging yours into mine and took it for a spin that would for sure answer the question of if I absolutely have to have the same model year or if just any 6cyl, Manual TJ computer would work...
The '05-"06 ECU is completely different than any other year Jeep. So no chance it would work. I'll ask and see if I can get a why on this whole thing.
RG
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #5280
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm probably going to be walking the yards this weekend sometime also. Looking for a set of Dana 44 spindles/hubs off an older ford. Not sure if I'm going to pull and buy them this weekend but want to at least see how many are out there.

On a side note, anyone with a TJ that has a manual trans and 4.0 interested in doing me a HUGE favor? It would probably take about 30 minutes max!!! I'd love to install your computer in my jeep and just drive it around the block to see if it runs properly and shuts off my check engine light! I've got word that I need to find the exact computer from an '01 TJ to swap into mine to fix my issue but that drastically narrows down my selection.

I've found a couple computer pictures though that make me wonder if that's really true because they lead me to believe that I might be able to just put in any TJ computer from a manual vehicle and it would work. I'd love to test it though before I spend $100+ to find out it didn't work out for me!
The pick a part on Lamb is huge. I found some good loot there.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.