Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 350 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #5236
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
I was in a helicopter accident in Iraq. I messed up lumbars two through five. I also have sciatic nerve damage. So my life has been pain killers, steroid injections, and physical therapy over the past year.
What happened with your accident? Did it actually go down? I also had some back injuries helicopter related. Mine was in a Seahawk that hard landed on the frigate USS Montgomery. Rough seas. The pilot misjudged the rise and we slammed the deck. Could have been so much worse.

Be careful with those pain meds. Very easy to get used to them.

Unread 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #5237
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
If you want to spend 125k, keep looking around. There are much larger and better homes to buy in that price range.
I sure there are. We don't want one of those new cookie cutter stucco houses though. We still be lookin dog. Don't ha8 yo.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #5238
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
I spent three months in Iceland when I was in also. Didn't drink much. But their ice cream!! It was incredible. After I tried it for the first time on a tour of one of the fjords, I got ice cream on every stop. Made myself sick but it was so good, I couldn't stop.

I was there in the middle of the summer. Daylight 24/7 and temps in the mid 60's. I had a pretty good time there. And the best fish I've ever eaten, too.
I was there from Nov-Feb, so we had the short days. To deploy with only 4 jets too was awesome. I actually got so bored that I worked part time at the pizza joint on base (Free food and almost free beer at the club). All in all it was a great trip. Watching the fireworks in Reykjavik on New Years eve was awesome too. We did not know what to do when we got down town around 10 and all of the bars were closed, they did not even open the doors until 12:30... and closed at 7.

I spent 6 years in and I would like to say that it was cake, but I busted my arse working long hours. I went on 3 major deployments and around 15 tdy's. For me it actually lost a lot of its fun after 9/11. The tdy's drastically reduced and we had to pick up ONE or CAP missions... which equaled even longer hours at home and less tdy's.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #5239
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I sure there are. We don't want one of those new cookie cutter stucco houses though. We still be lookin dog. Don't ha8 yo.
I looked at around 40-50 homes before I decided on this one. It is crazy how trashed many of those houses where. I was looking in the 150k-220k price range and so many of them where just straight up trashed. I do like the older houses though, I really wish that I could have found a ranch style horse property somewhere, but I did not want to spend the money that they were asking for those. Esp knowing that we will probably have orders in 4 years and have to rent this one out.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #5240
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Take that 125k and put it down on that whole valley. Live in a mine. I bet that would save on cooling costs. Must be nice to be able to shoot in your own yard.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #5241
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I really wish that I could have found a ranch style horse property somewhere...
Lots of horse properties here in the south. I like all the space, but I don't know if I'd want to smell all that shyt all the time.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #5242
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Lots of horse properties here in the south. I like all the space, but I don't know if I'd want to smell all that shyt all the time.
I could eat the bats and make dynamite out of the guano. I have a friend who has neighbors with horses. You ain't kidding about the horse crap smell. And the flys.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #5243
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just a few streets over there are horses. In the morning, when the wind catches it just right, I could vomit.

Going out for dinner. I'm thinking Chinese food. I still want a gyro, but other than the malls, I don't know where to get one around here.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #5244
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Just a few streets over there are horses. In the morning, when the wind catches it just right, I could vomit.

Going out for dinner. I'm thinking Chinese food. I still want a gyro, but other than the malls, I don't know where to get one around here.
Here you go for the gyro. http://www.marketgrillecafe.com/Mark.../MGC_Home.html I think they just opened up down there.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #5245
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here you go for the gyro. http://www.marketgrillecafe.com/Mark.../MGC_Home.html I think they just opened up down there.
Ditto. Great food there. I know they have one at lake mead and rock springs in the nw. I think you are south though...
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #5246
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That is for sure, during my search I had a 2 mile radius around 5th/Ann that I was not going to buy in due to the pig farm. You would be surprised how cheap the houses are around there, but after some research I found out that Wynn even tried to buy out the pig farmer with no luck. So I just assumed that it was there to stay.
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #5247
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Great greek place at buffalo and charleston called Yassou's
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #5248
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I've eaten there a few times their new place is much nicer if you're looking for a more romantic dinner tonight than it is a yassou's
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #5249
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I found out that Wynn even tried to buy out the pig farmer with no luck. So I just assumed that it was there to stay.
Reminds me of a story from Florida. There was a pig farm on the outskirts of town. It wasn't a dedicated pig farm. I think the guy grew corn and potatoes, but also had some pigs. A group of Muslim's said they bought property near there and were going to build a mosque.

They asked him to leave. He said he wouldn't. They went ahead and built the mosque anyway, called the news and made it look like the farmer hated Muslim's.

Farmer dude was so pissed, he started having pig rodeo's on his farm and planned them the same days they held church.
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #5250
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Went southwest of Goodsprings today to revisit a few mines, but we got a late start this morning. When we were almost there we saw a man and a woman next to a truck waving a shirt to get our attention. They were out hiking, the guy put his coat down and the wind took it down the valley and into a crevice. The keys to their truck were in the coat pocket.

They were out there for hours and finally just broke out a window to get in. He already had the steering column and lower dash apart trying to figure out how to hotwire his truck. I had no idea how to hotwire a new truck either. Old vehicles are easy, but new ones work off of some kind of wizardry.

Instead, I asked him to show me where his coat fell. I gathered up my climbing gear and just roped down to get his coat. It would have been too dangerous to try the climb without rope and he wouldn't have been able to get back up without ascenders, so he was right to just assume they were gone.

They were very lucky we showed up when we did. I can't imagine that remote area of the mountains is traveled often. Slight chance of more traffic on the weekends, but had we not come along, it's doubtful anyone would have for days. Always have a spare key handy!

By the time we got to the mines, we didn't have much time left. We plan on returning tomorrow. Hopefully, earlier and without distractions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.