Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 349 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #5221
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Looks like we are looking at buying a house now since rental prices are so inflated and there are so many great deals out here. Started looking at the vintage homes below the strip. Some really nice homes.
I really like this one
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...674?source=web

This one is a fixer upper but well worth it. I would walk with a pimp cane and chalice every day in this house. http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...645?source=web

This guys lists some really nice ones like the 4rth one down. Unbelievable price for so much pimping. pricehttp://veryvintagevegas.com/listings/
I like that 2nd one, pool needs work though!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #5222
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It was about a $500 a month difference for us last year when it came to deciding to buy or rent. I got my house for around 1/3 of what it cost new in 2006.

If you need a realtor let me know, mine was freaking awesome, works with USAA and did I mention he is awesome.

aslo when you start looking at homes online, check out the previous and current assessment that Clark County has on it http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/site.aspx
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #5223
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
I like that 2nd one, pool needs work though!
At this point you can just stock it and fish
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #5224
sirhk100

I'm friends with a pretty kickass realtor also. She's lived her her whole life and been at it for quite a while. She races buggies offroad too so you know she's gotta be pretty cool in general! LOL
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5225
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
So I just finished up with metro what a crazy freakin day. I'm working out by the base at an apartment complex minding my own business when this guy comes behind my truck and steps out to ask me a question. He asked if I was going to his unit today. I look at my list I get from the managers office and it wasn't there. I check the map I have of the property and his unit isn't on the map. I tell him I can't help him if he doesn't live at the property. He freaks the heck out tells me I am a "crackin honkey". I tell him I won't take that crap from anybody and to have a good day. So he goes back to his truck and turns off the motor and says he isn't leaving until I go to his unit. I tell him I will as he pulls out of the way I leave and go to the next unit I had scheduled. Now he goes ape ****. I'm out of my truck and he parks really close to the drivers door of my truck so I can't get to the door. He starts going crazy so I tell him to leave or I will call metro. He says go ahead so I do.

Surprisingly enough in 2 mins an officer is there. He pulls the guy aside to talk to him. Then the officer pulls me aside and asks me what is going on. I have my back to the guy talking to the officer. As we are talking the guy comes behind me and tries to grab my phone from my belt. The cop grabs the guys hand away from me and I turned and crank the guy right in the face. Then the cop handcuffs the guy as another officer shows up. Turns out the guy has warrants. They ask me if I want to press any charges. I asked if I was going to be in any trouble they said right now no but I did need to fill out an incident report about what happened.

I haven't had that much excitement on a Monday in a long time. Hopefully I don't get anything in the mail about this later on.
Crazy!

I used to work for a landscape company that was doing a ton of work for Seigel Suites, as they were buying up all the old more run down "extended stay" places.

Guess who got to go measure the entire properties, all the landscaping, and all that crap?

Me!

I got hassled so much, by kids, by adults, by crazy adults.

That was one of the driving reasons i got my CCW. That and now on the side of town that I live on it's been a fairly frequent occurrence for a beggar to follow me or my girl or her sister to the car, spewing obscenities because we told them no.

Psychos man!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #5226
sirhk100

Oh, speaking of CCW, I won the auction for a .22 conversion for my glock! Pretty stoked on that. I figure I can shoot hundreds of rounds of .22 for the cost of 50 9mm! Same frame and trigger. Only bummer is the sights are different but if I wanted I could even switch those over to the night sights I currently use.

Unread 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #5227
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was in a helicopter accident in Iraq. I messed up lumbars two through five. I also have sciatic nerve damage. So my life has been pain killers, steroid injections, and physical therapy over the past year.
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #5228
sirhk100

Oh that sucks but the fact you walked out of a helo crash is more then most others can say it seems!
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #5229
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Never had much happen while I was in the Air Force... unless you count getting an extra 50 bucks a day, low work hours, and heavy drinking for 3 months in Iceland!!!
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #5230
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Never had much happen while I was in the Air Force... unless you count getting an extra 50 bucks a day, low work hours, and heavy drinking for 3 months in Iceland!!!
You got $50 bucks a day to drink in Iceland? Maybe the Air Force isn't so bad.
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #5231
sirhk100

The friend who I'm building the race truck with... If I'd known you could have an air force career like his I'd be all over it! First couple years were MP. After that he was on SDSU's campus doing whatever A/F's version of ROTC is. Basically he checked out hot college chicks in san diego all day. Then he got transfered to UNLV doing the same thing only as the lead of the program. Still cake and still checking out chicks all day. Never on base, changed into his uniform in the office on campus. Now he's in DC with a desk in the pentagon and he travels around as a glorified baby sitter for congressmen and senators flying in nice jets and staying in ritzy joints eating fancy meals! Oh and don't forget his scary deployment to Tampa Florida last summer where he oversaw a communications center for special ops teams. Basically he spent the weekends on the beach in florida and the afternoons poolside of the apartment he was shacked up in. He's got like 3 more years and he's out...
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #5232
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
The friend who I'm building the race truck with... If I'd known you could have an air force career like his I'd be all over it! First couple years were MP. After that he was on SDSU's campus doing whatever A/F's version of ROTC is. Basically he checked out hot college chicks in san diego all day. Then he got transfered to UNLV doing the same thing only as the lead of the program. Still cake and still checking out chicks all day. Never on base, changed into his uniform in the office on campus. Now he's in DC with a desk in the pentagon and he travels around as a glorified baby sitter for congressmen and senators flying in nice jets and staying in ritzy joints eating fancy meals! Oh and don't forget his scary deployment to Tampa Florida last summer where he oversaw a communications center for special ops teams. Basically he spent the weekends on the beach in florida and the afternoons poolside of the apartment he was shacked up in. He's got like 3 more years and he's out...
That sounds less like a career and more like an STD waiting to happen.
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #5233
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

421105_3157815780346_1113798373_33270480_1316537704_n.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #5234
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
If you want to spend 125k, keep looking around. There are much larger and better homes to buy in that price range.
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #5235
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I spent three months in Iceland when I was in also. Didn't drink much. But their ice cream!! It was incredible. After I tried it for the first time on a tour of one of the fjords, I got ice cream on every stop. Made myself sick but it was so good, I couldn't stop.

I was there in the middle of the summer. Daylight 24/7 and temps in the mid 60's. I had a pretty good time there. And the best fish I've ever eaten, too.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.