Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 348 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #5206
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'm thinking we should do a LV jeep forum happy hour sometime so we can put faces to the names.
Agreed!

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #5207
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I went from a mini cooper S to a TJ then the Rubi. I would be broke if I had the jeep in when I was in Texas. 20 mile one way drive into town, normally joined with a nice wind. To top it off there, most of the stuff was for atv's only unless you went on private property. But here a Jeep fits me perfect with no commute and everything there is to do around here.

I have one of the unlimited wash passes to terribles, so I just drive the jeep through all the time. If I get in any mud, like I did this weekend driving up to Mack's Canyon, I just spray the big chunks off before I drive it through. It does not get it show room clean or anything close to being detailed, but it works for me until I get a soft top
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #5208
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Our HR guy that just quit a few months ago wore skirts and heels... Not sure he knew any of us knew it but someone saw him on the cover of a national gay rodeo magazine as a rodeo queen. He was also spotted in full drag at the gay pride parade.
That is just too funny. If you ever catch me other than

A) in shorts
B) in Pants
C) naked

you have the right to kick me in the balls. Thank you, please drive thru
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #5209
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

I might go up in the hills (by Blue Diamond) to run a quick trail this afternoon. It would be a relatively quick trail ride. I just want to go out into the rain. I miss the Oregon coast when the weather is like this.
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #5210
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts
I might go up in the hills (by Blue Diamond) to run a quick trail this afternoon. It would be a relatively quick trail ride. I just want to go out into the rain. I miss the Oregon coast when the weather is like this.
I'm jealous the mountains look awesome today!! Enjoy!
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #5211
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Work SUCKS! I need a new career where I can set my own hours and have a comfortable living. Was going to open a gun store, but there are already so many here. Oh well, just gotta brainstorm some more!!
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #5212
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I miss the mud sometimes too, then after spending time pressure washing the under carrrage you realize why you don't miss it. Let alone the drive home with everything shaking and you are just hoping that it is only mud caked on the inside of your rim throwing the balance off
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #5213
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I miss the mud sometimes too, then after spending time pressure washing the under carrrage you realize why you don't miss it. Let alone the drive home with everything shaking and you are just hoping that it is only mud caked on the inside of your rim throwing the balance off
I don't miss mud. I don't even think I miss mud. When I see mud I flip it the bird.
4.jpg   7.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #5214
sirhk100

I probably would've just reported it stolen at that point!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #5215
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I probably would've just reported it stolen at that point!
It fired right up on 6 cylinders. Small fire melted the other two wires. You should have seen the pressure wash after
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #5216
sirhk100

I put an old late '80's XJ in some water that put about a foot or so worth inside the cab. Took about 30 minutes to get it to fire up again. Popped the floor plugs and left them out for a long time so it would drain and hopefully air out. I went to the car wash and used the vaccuums and got the carpet to the point that it felt dry to the touch. Every morning though for weeks I'd come out and there'd be a puddle on the floor board! LOL I was in college in NorCal at the time (Humboldt State) and as soon as I got home to San Diego for the summer I put it up for sale!!! I remember I was going to pull the stereo wiring out from under the carpet before I sold it but as soon as I lifted the carpet to do that I changed my mind cause the stench almost knocked me on my ***!!!

BTW, solidworks sucks!!!! It's kicking my butt here at work today! Stupid computer drawing crap!
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #5217
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I put an old late '80's XJ in some water that put about a foot or so worth inside the cab. Took about 30 minutes to get it to fire up again. Popped the floor plugs and left them out for a long time so it would drain and hopefully air out. I went to the car wash and used the vaccuums and got the carpet to the point that it felt dry to the touch. Every morning though for weeks I'd come out and there'd be a puddle on the floor board! LOL I was in college in NorCal at the time (Humboldt State) and as soon as I got home to San Diego for the summer I put it up for sale!!! I remember I was going to pull the stereo wiring out from under the carpet before I sold it but as soon as I lifted the carpet to do that I changed my mind cause the stench almost knocked me on my ***!!!

BTW, solidworks sucks!!!! It's kicking my butt here at work today! Stupid computer drawing crap!
I am about to make a solid works myself Right now it's a pain in my ***
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #5218
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Damn. Not going to make it up there. I now have a follow up appt from today's physical therapy. This sucks.
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #5219
sirhk100

Man, what's with you guys??? LOL YSB has his ongoing medical issues, Dr has his gash on his arm, you're in physical therapy for something...

Do you guys need more padding around your houses and in your life or what? LOL

(now with that said I'll probably break an arm on the dirt bike this weekend or drop the jeep on myself or something stupid! LOL)
Unread 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #5220
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Looks like we are looking at buying a house now since rental prices are so inflated and there are so many great deals out here. Started looking at the vintage homes below the strip. Some really nice homes.
I really like this one
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...674?source=web

This one is a fixer upper but well worth it. I would walk with a pimp cane and chalice every day in this house. http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...645?source=web

This guys lists some really nice ones like the 4rth one down. Unbelievable price for so much pimping. pricehttp://veryvintagevegas.com/listings/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.