Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 347 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #5191
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Don't some JK's come with matching hard tops? I don't like anything chrome on Jeeps. I even took off my headlight bezels and painted them. Subtle, but there is a difference.

Just because we don't share the same taste, it's Jeep etiquette. I would wave anyway just to be courteous. I wave all the time without a return wave. Nice to see others do it even if his Jeep is gay.
The Sahara package has a color matched hard top

Unread 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #5192
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Here is the listing for an '83 Jeep Cherokee, if anyone is interested! I wish I had some cash laying around, to make this my daily driver (work horse).

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2849822164.html
I called the guy on that Cherokee, and im going to look at it on Saturday. Hope its worth it, I NEED a freakin' Jeep.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #5193
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm almost certain no white person would take offense to being called a honkey unless that white person is a wigger.
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #5194
sirhk100

yo yo yo!!! Watch u be talkin bout?
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #5195
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, missed some good stuff over the last couple days. I'm in a stupid class on my two days off... Anyway, any of you guys work out at the LVAC at Vegas and Rainbow? I see a couple TJs and a YJ in there on weekday mornings. Just wondering if it's any of you.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #5196
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Nope. My membership is at 24 Hour Fitness at Maryland and Silverado. I keep forgetting to cancel it.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #5197
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
The Sahara package has a color matched hard top
The Sahara package also has the stupid silver thing in the middle of the front bumper.

You can get the painted fenders and roof as an option on the Rubicons these days, but I have to say that the painted fenders are just wrong. My wife cringes when we push through the brush as it is ... can't imagine what she would do if the fenders were painted!
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #5198
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I do lvac at 215 and flamingo. I used to go to rainbow but I moved.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #5199
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

The Sahara package also has the stupid silver thing in the middle of the front bumper.

You can get the painted fenders and roof as an option on the Rubicons these days, but I have to say that the painted fenders are just wrong. My wife cringes when we push through the brush as it is ... can't imagine what she would do if the fenders were painted!
I already look like I'm driving a wimpy jeep I didn't want to 'fancy' it all up like that - I got the sport.

I'm dying to switch out to the soft top but have to wait for a few road trips to do it. the 'Mrs' doesn't want a bunch of road noise and wants me to leave the hard top on. I think he's just gone soft driving his sweet little sports car
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #5200
sirhk100

Curious what he drives?

Only asking cause a friend of mine traded in her M5 for her Rubicon that's now fairly heavily built yet the dude she's dating drives a lowered import car. We give her crap about that all the time and keep asking her when she's gonna trade him in for a more manly version! LOL Ahhhh crap!!! Wait, I drive a lowered import also! Anyone wanna buy it??? My saving grace is the driveway full of other non-lowered import type rides! LOL

Another funny thing about that chick is she's the CEO of a investing company. I always laugh when I swing by her work and she's in this super nice building and all the investment guys that work for her are driving like maserati's and aston marton's and then there's her Rubicon typically covered in dirt in the parking lot. You wouldn't think the CEO was driving the beater in the lot! LOL Not that a rubicon is a beater but in that parking lot it sure looks like it!

Stupid rain ruined my plans!!! I love the rain but it could've waited one more day! I got my brakes fixed last night on the jeep finally and drove it... Still has a minor vibration so I was going to swing by Adam's and see what they thought of my pinion angle. Well the windshield wipers don't work (on the fix it list) so I guess that has to wait another day. That means tonight I'll either be a lazy bum and do nothing or maybe finally get around to trying to fire up a dirt bike I'm supposed to be fixing for a friend...

I'm thinking we should do a LV jeep forum happy hour sometime so we can put faces to the names.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #5201
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

That is funny. I am just a step above white trash (Just a little below honky and cracker, but not quite meth head) and I drive a Rubicon.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #5202
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Curious what he drives?

Another funny thing about that chick is she's the CEO of a investing company.

I'm thinking we should do a LV jeep forum happy hour sometime so we can put faces to the names.
He drives an Audi S5 - he once had a Jeep, and HATED my '05 wrangler (booo)

Yeah I crawl down from my jeep in my heels and skirt every work day - it is a bit odd into my professional office building

I'm soooo down for the happy hour!
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #5203
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I miss wearing skirts and heels.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #5204
sirhk100

LOL right!!! And talk about a change, going from like a '05 BMW M5 to a 2 door Rubicon for your daily driver? I'd probably be in shock! I remember she took it to Moab last year for easter safari. I saw her when she came back and the jeep looked like it had been out in the desert for years with the amount of dirt on it! Next day it looked brand new!!! Her detailer is a machine!!!! HAHAHA, Jeep and detailer don't work together in my world that's for sure! Unless you consider hosing out the interior detailing?
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #5205
sirhk100

Our HR guy that just quit a few months ago wore skirts and heels... Not sure he knew any of us knew it but someone saw him on the cover of a national gay rodeo magazine as a rodeo queen. He was also spotted in full drag at the gay pride parade.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.