Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 346 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #5176
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So glad that I do not have to deal with any "Customers"

Unread 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #5177
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Cheyenne and nellis
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #5178
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post

Just because we don't share the same taste, it's Jeep etiquette. I would wave anyway just to be courteous. I wave all the time without a return wave. Nice to see others do it even if his Jeep is gay.
When I lived in North Carolina, every Jeep (Wrangler) waved at each other, it was a complete habit always.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #5179
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Well, you are a honkey.

You white folks don't find that offensive, do you? I don't even get it.
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #5180
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Well, you are a honkey.

You white folks don't find that offensive, do you? I don't even get it.
No. In fact, it's a compliment. Calling me a cracker and honkey takes me back when our kind used to own slaves and property. It makes me feel rich.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #5181
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

polka do you even work, I am tempted to go up and play in the snow, but I do not know if they even have enough to warrant the drive
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #5182
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
polka do you even work, I am tempted to go up and play in the snow, but I do not know if they even have enough to warrant the drive
Not at the moment. I'm looking for houses. Been staring at the screen all morning. I am getting ready to head to the gym though. The house I found that was awesome with a large detached garage /workshop is under contract. SOB!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #5183
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah house hunting is a bummer. I am getting pretty good at it these days though, esp with us moving every so often
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #5184
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

im bored. i want to go home and cut these itchy-arse stitches out of my arm...its been 10 days.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #5185
sirhk100

I'm tired myself! Heading home to swap out another brake booster (I'm getting good at it!) and then probably going to try and set the pinion angle and cross my fingers the brakes work and driveline vibration goes away then. If it works, the jeep is finally drivable again! Gotta pick a friend up who was originally coming in at 7:40 but now cause of delays it's bumped back to like 10:30. Ugh!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #5186
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the listing for an '83 Jeep Cherokee, if anyone is interested! I wish I had some cash laying around, to make this my daily driver (work horse).

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2849822164.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #5187
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

And you've all got a resident FSJ expert who has, at this point, replaced almost every moving part on one!

I dunno about that new-fangled 1983 stuff though! too young for my taste!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #5188
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After I collect some camping gear, we may give that a try when it warms up. Is there any fishing up there?
Yep sure is at Kolob reservoir, hang a left at the little town of Virgin, and way at the top is the lake. Here's one of my boring campin vids of the place. There some big ole trout in there.

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #5189
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
So I just finished up with metro what a crazy freakin day. I'm working out by the base at an apartment complex minding my own business when this guy comes behind my truck and steps out to ask me a question. He asked if I was going to his unit today. I look at my list I get from the managers office and it wasn't there. I check the map I have of the property and his unit isn't on the map. I tell him I can't help him if he doesn't live at the property. He freaks the heck out tells me I am a "crackin honkey". I tell him I won't take that crap from anybody and to have a good day. So he goes back to his truck and turns off the motor and says he isn't leaving until I go to his unit. I tell him I will as he pulls out of the way I leave and go to the next unit I had scheduled. Now he goes ape ****. I'm out of my truck and he parks really close to the drivers door of my truck so I can't get to the door. He starts going crazy so I tell him to leave or I will call metro. He says go ahead so I do.

Surprisingly enough in 2 mins an officer is there. He pulls the guy aside to talk to him. Then the officer pulls me aside and asks me what is going on. I have my back to the guy talking to the officer. As we are talking the guy comes behind me and tries to grab my phone from my belt. The cop grabs the guys hand away from me and I turned and crank the guy right in the face. Then the cop handcuffs the guy as another officer shows up. Turns out the guy has warrants. They ask me if I want to press any charges. I asked if I was going to be in any trouble they said right now no but I did need to fill out an incident report about what happened.

I haven't had that much excitement on a Monday in a long time. Hopefully I don't get anything in the mail about this later on.

Woo Hoo! Score one for the working man cracker!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #5190
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've been called both a cracker and honkey, but never by a Mexican.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.