Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 345 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #5161
sirhk100

I've done a day trip to zion. Left around 7am, hiked angels landing and up to the entrance of the narrows, stopped at a steak house in st. george on the way home and was in bed by 10ish. Not too bad and you won't find anything around here that compares to the view hanging your head off the edge of angels landing!

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #5162
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's the thing with me and day trips. I have some medications that can knock me out. I'd rather be at home if that happens.
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #5163
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've done a day trip to zion. Left around 7am, hiked angels landing and up to the entrance of the narrows, stopped at a steak house in st. george on the way home and was in bed by 10ish. Not too bad and you won't find anything around here that compares to the view hanging your head off the edge of angels landing!
Agreed. Angels Landing and The Narrows. Zion is unique.
229658_10150247203239117_560684116_7456992_7406144_n.jpg   249393_10150247203124117_560684116_7456990_6658913_n.jpg   282178_10150247203534117_560684116_7456997_6392144_n.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #5164
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

After I collect some camping gear, we may give that a try when it warms up. Is there any fishing up there?
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #5165
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can pick up the America the Beautiful pass (year round pass to all national park or recreation land) locally at Lake Mead or at REI. I buy mine at REI so I get money back for it on my dividend. You have to ask for it at the counter, they don't keep them out on the sales floor. They don't get activated until you use them at a national park, so you can buy one today and if you don't visit a park until March, your pass won't expire until the end of March 2013. I buy one every year, well worth the money spent.
I've made it to Zion in less than 3 hours, but that was before I had a jeep which makes me stay closer to the speed limit than before.
I've seen some mines in Death Valley that were not blocked, but I didn't have a light with me and my wife was not encouraging about me exploring them with just my cell phone flashlight.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #5166
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Your wife was right.

I was just at REI the other day. Is it the same pass someone else here mentioned a few pages ago?
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #5167
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes it is the same pass. I never knew that REI sold them. Might have to by next years once this one expires in June
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #5168
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shhh... Not too loud she might hear you.
Yeah, it's $80 for the annual pass.
It'll get you into Red Rock, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon (the park section, not the indian reservation) Zion, Death Valley. Those are the ones that I go to often, which pretty much pay for the pass in a month.
It won't get you into Valley of Fire. That's a state park and doesn't accept the pass. They sell a state park pass, but it's not worth it for how often I want to go there.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #5169
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Can't you get into Valley of Fire from the Lake Mead side? Pretty sure I made my way there from Bitter Springs.
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #5170
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I keep on seeing a JKU wrangler up in my neck in the wood. The driver keeps on waving at me, but I don't know if I should wave or flip the bird. Now, now, before you go all "Jeep Pride" on me I want you to know what I am talking about. I really wish that I had a picture. This is a new Wrangler with a painted hard top and flares... Not my taste but to each their own. My issue is that it has chrome everything (Front grill, mirrors, door handles, door hinges and who the fuuck knows what else). Many of you might be saying, that is not too bad, the guy likes to dress up his jeep. Until I tell you that it is sporting either 20 or 22 inch big shiny chrome rims with low profile tires.
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #5171
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
How far is Zion? In drive time, not miles.
Two hours. Just past St george.
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #5172
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Well I keep on seeing a JKU wrangler up in my neck in the wood. The driver keeps on waving at me, but I don't know if I should wave or flip the bird. Now, now, before you go all "Jeep Pride" on me I want you to know what I am talking about. I really wish that I had a picture. This is a new Wrangler with a painted hard top and flares... Not my taste but to each their own. My issue is that it has chrome everything (Front grill, mirrors, door handles, door hinges and who the fuuck knows what else). Many of you might be saying, that is not too bad, the guy likes to dress up his jeep. Until I tell you that it is sporting either 20 or 22 inch big shiny chrome rims with low profile tires.
That just ain't right.
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #5173
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Don't some JK's come with matching hard tops? I don't like anything chrome on Jeeps. I even took off my headlight bezels and painted them. Subtle, but there is a difference.

Just because we don't share the same taste, it's Jeep etiquette. I would wave anyway just to be courteous. I wave all the time without a return wave. Nice to see others do it even if his Jeep is gay.
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #5174
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

So I just finished up with metro what a crazy freakin day. I'm working out by the base at an apartment complex minding my own business when this guy comes behind my truck and steps out to ask me a question. He asked if I was going to his unit today. I look at my list I get from the managers office and it wasn't there. I check the map I have of the property and his unit isn't on the map. I tell him I can't help him if he doesn't live at the property. He freaks the heck out tells me I am a "crackin honkey". I tell him I won't take that crap from anybody and to have a good day. So he goes back to his truck and turns off the motor and says he isn't leaving until I go to his unit. I tell him I will as he pulls out of the way I leave and go to the next unit I had scheduled. Now he goes ape ****. I'm out of my truck and he parks really close to the drivers door of my truck so I can't get to the door. He starts going crazy so I tell him to leave or I will call metro. He says go ahead so I do.

Surprisingly enough in 2 mins an officer is there. He pulls the guy aside to talk to him. Then the officer pulls me aside and asks me what is going on. I have my back to the guy talking to the officer. As we are talking the guy comes behind me and tries to grab my phone from my belt. The cop grabs the guys hand away from me and I turned and crank the guy right in the face. Then the cop handcuffs the guy as another officer shows up. Turns out the guy has warrants. They ask me if I want to press any charges. I asked if I was going to be in any trouble they said right now no but I did need to fill out an incident report about what happened.

I haven't had that much excitement on a Monday in a long time. Hopefully I don't get anything in the mail about this later on.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #5175
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
So I just finished up with metro what a crazy freakin day. I'm working out by the base at an apartment complex minding my own business when this guy comes behind my truck and steps out to ask me a question. He asked if I was going to his unit today. I look at my list I get from the managers office and it wasn't there. I check the map I have of the property and his unit isn't on the map. I tell him I can't help him if he doesn't live at the property. He freaks the heck out tells me I am a "crackin honkey". I tell him I won't take that crap from anybody and to have a good day. So he goes back to his truck and turns off the motor and says he isn't leaving until I go to his unit. I tell him I will as he pulls out of the way I leave and go to the next unit I had scheduled. Now he goes ape ****. I'm out of my truck and he parks really close to the drivers door of my truck so I can't get to the door. He starts going crazy so I tell him to leave or I will call metro. He says go ahead so I do.

Surprisingly enough in 2 mins an officer is there. He pulls the guy aside to talk to him. Then the officer pulls me aside and asks me what is going on. I have my back to the guy talking to the officer. As we are talking the guy comes behind me and tries to grab my phone from my belt. The cop grabs the guys hand away from me and I turned and crank the guy right in the face. Then the cop handcuffs the guy as another officer shows up. Turns out the guy has warrants. They ask me if I want to press any charges. I asked if I was going to be in any trouble they said right now no but I did need to fill out an incident report about what happened.

I haven't had that much excitement on a Monday in a long time. Hopefully I don't get anything in the mail about this later on.
Crack heads.... what was the location?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.