Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #481
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Its officially official. I sold my 03 TJ but replaced it with a new 2011 Rubicon . Of course, being that I like black Jeeps (03...), I picked up an all black Rubi with the hard top, 6 speed manual, and thats about it for options. Nothing crazy...

Now, time to think about whether I go with a 3-3.5" lift and 35s or a 4.5" lift and 37s... Decisions, decisions...

Congrats!!

You have seen my Jeep...IMHO i think 37s looks better on JKUs im still waiting for the 35s to wear out and definitely want to go bigger.Theres a dude selling 5 brand new 37 Pitbulls on craiglist if it wasnt for me buying and moving to another house i'd be all over it.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #482
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Its officially official. I sold my 03 TJ but replaced it with a new 2011 Rubicon . Of course, being that I like black Jeeps (03...), I picked up an all black Rubi with the hard top, 6 speed manual, and thats about it for options. Nothing crazy...

Now, time to think about whether I go with a 3-3.5" lift and 35s or a 4.5" lift and 37s... Decisions, decisions...

niiiice!

Gonna wheel it stock at all?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #483
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gold Butte

Not much of a trail ride lttle disapointed. But worh seeing once.
Puck Steve nice meeting you. Steve it got a little better after you had to bug out, didnt miss much

MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #484
jhrmn03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where was that??
jhrmn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #485
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

How long was the trail? 60something miles?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #486
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrmn03 View Post
Where was that??
Looks like Gold Butte, the hole in the ground is called Devils throat. The one with the fence around it.
Unread 05-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #487
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok so the time has come again. i will be going to vegas in june. thinking about being there sometime around the 10-24jun.

i REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get a logandale run together. last time i was in town i ran potatoe ridge with Garza. i cant go wheeling on the 17 or 18 as its my brothers wedding and i kind of have to be there as the best man. haha

who wants to make a logandale run with me?the more people the better

-chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #488
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes Gold Butte, The "road" loop is 60 miles. We did the trail that heads out near the Ghost town of Gold Butte.

'92 vegas YJ
we are heading to Toroweap (North rim of the Grand Canyon). I maybe up for a weekend before or after
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #489
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had lots of fun there on the Gold Butte loop, granted i was not driving but i was glad to get out in the dirt after a long time. Mike thanks again for the ride and Steve it was nice to meet you. I hope we can do something again soon.

Puck
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #490
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Shame that I couldnt make it. I'm still having issues with the truck after the transmission was rebuilt. got some fairly decent vibration that seems like its coming from the transmission area.

It never ends.

Time to sell this pile and get a brand new jeep that wont have any issues. Oh wait, I have no money.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #491
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Only if we could all afford a '11 rubi or a new rubi to the family. Cough cough.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #492
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Shame that I couldnt make it. I'm still having issues with the truck after the transmission was rebuilt. got some fairly decent vibration that seems like its coming from the transmission area.

It never ends.

Time to sell this pile and get a brand new jeep that wont have any issues. Oh wait, I have no money.
Picked up my XJ for $2000...just sayin
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #493
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Who wants to drive an XJ????
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #494
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Picked up my XJ for $2000...just sayin
whats your point? Lol. If i wanted an XJ, I'da have bought one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
Who wants to drive an XJ????
chumps!!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #495
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

I fly over that hole in the ground. Its about 170' deep. I plan on being stock for about 3-4 months or so. Ill do some light wheeling up over Wheeler pass or up through the Sheep Mountains (North of town).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.