Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 311 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #4651
sirhk100

Just go drive by the house and then do a couple laps around the surrounding blocks and area. I did that for every house I looked at buying but would do it for a potential rental too obviously. I even stopped and talked to a couple people outside in their yards to get their opinion of the area. I just explained I was thinking about buying in the area and was curious what their opinion was. I stereotyped who I choose to speak with hoping maybe their opinion would be similar to mine if I was in their shoes.

And speaking of cabinets, I'll put mine up to anyones!!! I like to show mine off!!! My uncle did all the wood work for me! I bribed him to escape a minnesota winter for a week or two and come build me a custom kitchen!

(same views above and below...)

Before...

After...

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #4652
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just go drive by the house and then do a couple laps around the surrounding blocks and area. I did that for every house I looked at buying but would do it for a potential rental too obviously. I even stopped and talked to a couple people outside in their yards to get their opinion of the area. I just explained I was thinking about buying in the area and was curious what their opinion was. I stereotyped who I choose to speak with hoping maybe their opinion would be similar to mine if I was in their shoes.

And speaking of cabinets, I'll put mine up to anyones!!! I like to show mine off!!! My uncle did all the wood work for me! I bribed him to escape a minnesota winter for a week or two and come build me a custom kitchen!

(same views above and below...)

Before...

After...

Very fun kitchen. Love the dining table.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #4653
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The kitchen came out nice.

I esp love the scentsy warmer, lotion, paper towel, and banana combo that you have going on, very kinky!!!
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #4654
sirhk100

Dude, I love scentsy!!! LOL, talk all you want but at least my house doesn't smell like a bachelor with a dog lives there! The random whores, I mean women that visit appreciate it.

The roofies are in the drawer right under the cabinet where I keep my glasses.

The dining room table is outside on the patio. I'm thinking about cutting the legs off of it, cutting a whole in the center of it to match the trunk of the tree in the backyard next to my fire pit and turning it into basically a standing bar next to my fire pit in the backyard.
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #4655
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
The random whores, I mean women that visit appreciate it.

Unread 02-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #4656
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

That is an older area, a little dark when the sun goes down, and a lot of the businesses in the area vacated. Personally, I would look somewhere else. The neighborhoods in that area are hit and miss with some good mixed with bad. Closer to valley view is a little better, but it's a craps shoot. You are looking to rent and not buy? There's one three houses down from me that's a mirror of my house with a pool for 159k! 2134sqft 3 car garage. 4bd 3ba 2 story.
Plenty of places near me (north of lone mountain west of Ann rd) that are on 1/2 acre lots, no HOA, many with extra workshop/garages - did I mention no HOA? Tons of foreclosures around me from 150k and up
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #4657
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

West Anne starts at Commerce St. can you be more specific?
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #4658
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile

Plenty of places near me (north of lone mountain west of Ann rd) that are on 1/2 acre lots, no HOA, many with extra workshop/garages - did I mention no HOA? Tons of foreclosures around me from 150k and up
Whoops I meant west of Durango rd - west of Ann Ed doesnt make sense- haha
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #4659
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
West Anne starts at Commerce St. can you be more specific?
North of lone mtn and west of Durango starts properties that are zoned to be at a minimum 1/2 acre lots - way back when it was far out of town. Many of the properties are horse properties so they have additional out buildings on the properties - I run and bike all over and they are zoned that way all the way north (except for small pockets of track homes) to the 215 curve. I would estimate 1/2 the houses are occupied.

There is no HOA, people walk their dogs off leash, talk to their neighbors, ride their horses around the neighborhood, kids build ramps for their dirt bikes in the open lots out there. Ileft my garage door open one day and the neighbor came over and closed it for me because he knew my BF was outta town...... Sort if like living back in the Midwest
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #4660
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
North of lone mtn and west of Durango starts properties that are zoned to be at a minimum 1/2 acre lots - way back when it was far out of town. Many of the properties are horse properties so they have additional out buildings on the properties - I run and bike all over and they are zoned that way all the way north (except for small pockets of track homes) to the 215 curve. I would estimate 1/2 the houses are occupied.

There is no HOA, people walk their dogs off leash, talk to their neighbors, ride their horses around the neighborhood, kids build ramps for their dirt bikes in the open lots out there. Ileft my garage door open one day and the neighbor came over and closed it for me because he knew my BF was outta town...... Sort if like living back in the Midwest
We live out here now at Elkhorn and Durango. I like the area all around Floyd Lamb park but the wife doesn't want to live in the NW anymore. Who am I to argue. It will just come back to bite me in the rear end one day.
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #4661
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

that is a nice area, I wish I had the time to buy a foreclosure when I bought last year. But at the time I could not wait for the foreclosure or short sale process and had a VA loan so the house had to be 100% on the home inspection. To top it off my daughter at the time was only a month old. I flew out here for 2 days and looked at over 42 houses. Most of which were flipped houses because of my requirements. By the time I left I had offers in on three different houses.

On a second note, the foreclosure process has gotten much quicker. The people moved out of their house (foreclosure) and within 2 months the new owner were in. Compared to my house which sat for 3+ years it is good to see they streamlined a crappy process
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #4662
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Living around horse property is the way to go. My parents live in an old neighborhood but everyone owns horses. They love it where they are but around them is getting worse. (jones and Cheyenne)
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #4663
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the ghetto is like an amaeba that rolls around the town and goes in tides. Some areas that are good now may not be in five or ten years. Bad now may be decent in five or ten. It seems to be flowing from north to south and east to west right now. Especially with home values bottoming out. We weren't too concerned about the market not being bottomed out yet as we were 200k upside down before. This house will never be 200k upside down!
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #4664
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

This is the kind of thing that infuriates me. http://www.trulia.com/rental/3029954...Vegas-NV-89128

Since when do houses with 2 car garages and pools get listed on section 8 sites? How can they justify allowing the ghetto to live in a nice home with a pool on tax payer dollars? This is outrageous.
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #4665
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have heard of worse stuff with the section 8 stuff. Not that I am against section 8, but freaking limit the usage. Teach these people some useful skills to make them productive citizens instead of just giving them free stuff. Hell they are probably richer than I am by the time you add up my student loans, mortgage, and car payments. poor is the new rich

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.