Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #451
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Argh, that looks tough for my 3" WJ. I see a ZJ. I wonder how much lift and tires size its got. Thanks for the Pics...

blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #452
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Argh, that looks tough for my 3" WJ. I see a ZJ. I wonder how much lift and tires size its got. Thanks for the Pics...

I think he was stock, and he was making it through everything. Had to use the expensive pedal a little more, but no major damage
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #453
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I used to have those same rims, haha. Saw blades!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #454
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post

I think he was stock, and he was making it through everything. Had to use the expensive pedal a little more, but no major damage
He hit a rock a little hard and there was a nice smell of fuel after that. I know I was about 3 behind him when the trail met up with the wash .

Where you there? I was in the red TJ with the tan top with IL tags

Let see if I can post a pic

Last edited by MikeSW214; 05-02-2011 at 12:15 AM..
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #455
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
He hit a rock a little hard and there was a nice smell of fuel after that. I know I was about 3 behind him when the trail met up with the wash .

Where you there? I was in the red TJ with the tan top with IL tags
Yeah, I was the other red TJ in the pics above. Right in front of him, so if he was leaking anything I wouldn't have seen or smelt it. I usually just saw him in my rear view on the gas bouncing through the wash (not the preferred method lol)

Me:

Unread 05-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #456
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Once again thanks for the pics. I guess i can just maneuver it out of some big boulders. How long is the stretch of that rocky part? Is there a junction or split that will lead to the wrong path and get me lost?
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #457
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tagsrover
you where just a few ahead of me
[IMG][/IMG]
Next time we will have to Introduce ourselves, lol..

The Vegas Valley guys like to run some of the more Challenging stuff. I am also a member of the Desert Wranglers meet up group, most are a little green and the "club" runs are easier. But the posted runs from the more experienced members are good. They been fun to run with. Here is a run they have posted for next week::
On the 7th Gold Butte & Devil's Throat -more scenic than anything else but few areas to play
http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wrangle...ents/17495089/

blazepsi- I would not run that trail alone.

Here is where that ZJ hit
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 05-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #458
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and here is what taking your aggression out on the load peddle does for ya, trail scares,

And one of the group for the heck of it
Unread 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #459
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Looks like a good turn out! I've never been on a run with that many rigs before. It seems like it would be slow and frustrating getting that many trucks up and over the path, but maybe i'm wrong?

i should join in some time on a big run.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #460
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Looks like a good turn out! I've never been on a run with that many rigs before. It seems like it would be slow and frustrating getting that many trucks up and over the path, but maybe i'm wrong?

i should join in some time on a big run.
Depends on your definition of slow and frustrating, but yes it took a while. If you are looking to drive non stop then I would suggest staying away from the larger group runs.

I have fun getting out and watching/trying to help other people make it through spots though, so the slow part doesn't particularly bother me.

Probably the worst backup of the day, and a pic of what a lot of the trail looked like outside the wash
forumrunner_20110502_092538.jpg   forumrunner_20110502_092557.jpg  
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #461
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm not somebody that has got to be constantly moving or what have you, just think it might make for a long day if its on a technical trail, I've never gone out with more than like 4 or 5 jeeps.

Looks like alot of fun though, seeing all those different rigs making their way through the rocks.

I want my waggy back

Unread 05-03-2011, 02:28 AM   #462
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Did some wheelin of my own this week in moab......

Elephant Hill

Baby Lions Back

Onion Creek

Hells Revenge

LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #463
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^ So jealous Steve! Any carnage? How dog-friendly is the park, I noticed a no pets sign in your first picture?
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #464
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hot damn! Those pics are awesome!!!! Looks great out there, must have been nice during the week with like no other people there.

Unread 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #465
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
^^^ So jealous Steve! Any carnage? How dog-friendly is the park, I noticed a no pets sign in your first picture?
Got over that first bump on escalator and there was a ton of water in that second level (cant see from pic) and i had no traction to make it up any more. Tried hard too and ended up with a broken tail light and dented/scratched rear hatch both on the passenger side. Last time out to Logandale with Roger, I had more trail damage. Go figure.

When we got our permits for a 4x4 camping pass in Canyonlands, they said no dogs allowed on a piece of paper we signed, like a waiver/emergency contact info. When we camped in Moab, other ppl around our sites had dogs. When we went to Arches, didnt see/notice any signs about dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hot damn! Those pics are awesome!!!! Looks great out there, must have been nice during the week with like no other people there.
Yea we went the week after EJS and thought there were gonna be a **** ton of off roading jeep, but the trails were not crowded at all. Looks like Potato Ridge was way more crowded this week.

If my jeep goes belly up, I want to the end up in Moab in its after life. Jeep to other vehicle ratio is 3:1
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.