Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 307 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #4591
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

No, no, no. She's legal now. She's my new crush since Avril got old. What is Avril, in her 20's?

Unread 02-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #4592
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Basically what happens is you are paying an attorney to represent you as a professional in your behalf. Due to them being an attorney they accept the ticket with no contest so they bump it to a parking ticket. You still pay the whole of the ticket but you don't take the hit on you insurance. At least that is how it was explained to me. The city still gets their money but you ins rates dont go up.

The thing is... Yeah yeah, I'm a bad person!!! The ticket was for "failure to obey traffic signal" AKA, running a red light on a right turn. When I paid the fine down at the court house today, after the lawyer did their thing, the receipt said I paid for a "parking w/in 18" of curb".

So how's a redlight ticket turn into a parking ticket? I'm not complaining cause the difference in fines was substantial and like you said, no points on my record.
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #4593
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I guess that's a perk of having an attorney. Those of us who can't afford an attorney for traffic tickets have to pay retail, I guess. Luckily, no police will ever catch me speeding as long as I own this Jeep.
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #4594
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Luckily, no police will ever catch me speeding as long as I own this Jeep.
That's true since you drive like a bat out of hell, Meatloaf style. I broke my drive shaft trying to keep up!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #4595
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Better yet is attorneys practicing outside of their area of expertise trying to get me to do something and citing a statute that isn't applicable - grrr
Does this happen to you much? (and WHO ARE YOU to question an attorney's citation of a statute?)
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #4596
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
If it is any help my father in law is an attorney I don't know what you are needing but he does construction law and is general counsel for some big corps like harrahs and other places on the strip. Let me know if you need it I can pm you his info. He is a really good guy and has been practicing forever.
Now you have me wondering who he is. I've done a lot of construction law in this town over the last six years ... shoot me a PM if you're comfortable sharing.
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #4597
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
As I am sitting here at my desk looking at code and bored to death.
I was thinking about maybe doing a run to death valley sometime before it starts getting hot. Has anyone been out there yet, and what are some of the good trails? I would love to do an overnight camping trip, but the wife, kids, and dogs make me keep this to a day trip.
Titus Canyon is a pretty drive. It's not technical, but there's some sand and a couple of inclines that would be tricky when wet. But it's a pretty drive through the mountains, to a ghost town, and down a slot canyon that is barely accommodating for vehicles in some places. Well worth the drive and the wife and kids should love it, mine did. There's lots of offroad routes at the death valley website.
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #4598
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
And can anyone explain to me how a lawyer just got my traffic citation bumped down to a parking citation? What kind of goofy system is it that I'm taking advantage of?
I was got a parking citation in Moapa (that resulted from a moving violation on the I-15). Funny thing, while driving out of town, I was hard pressed to find someplace where it would I couldn't legally park! No red curbs or fire hydrants in sight.
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #4599
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Does this happen to you much? (and WHO ARE YOU to question an attorney's citation of a statute?)
Happens to me allll the time - 3-4 times a week I have personal injury lawyers (you know the ones with all the billboards) request pain and suffering for their workers compensation claimant - and they also get offended when someone without a law degree knows a bit about the law
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #4600
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Great news! It has been decided that Emma Watson will be my new girlfriend.
to late! i already had that and she swore after me thered be no others. youll never know what it feels like. LOL
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #4601
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Alllllll the time from the personal injury attorneys. Typically the ones who have all the billboards, (the ones who take any client no matter the merits of the case because if they loose they'll just squeeze the poor sap for their fees) the attorneys call and ask for pain and suffering for their workers comp clients and then threaten to take me to hearing when I deny it. Can you picture me quaking in my boots with the suggestion of a hearing?...... So yeah it happens several times a week
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #4602
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCJacob View Post
to late! i already had that and she swore after me thered be no others. youll never know what it feels like. LOL
If she swore off all others I guess I'll just have to imagine what she feels like. If you were her one and only, I imagine everything past the first two inches would feel brand new.

You.
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #4603
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
That's true since you drive like a bat out of hell, Meatloaf style. I broke my drive shaft trying to keep up!
I meant because my Jeep is so slow. It just looked like I was driving fast bcause of the company I was with.
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #4604
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Titus Canyon is a pretty drive. It's not technical, but there's some sand and a couple of inclines that would be tricky when wet. But it's a pretty drive through the mountains, to a ghost town, and down a slot canyon that is barely accommodating for vehicles in some places. Well worth the drive and the wife and kids should love it, mine did. There's lots of offroad routes at the death valley website.
I'd like to check out the dry lake bed with the magic racing rocks sometime. Looks interesting!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #4605
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You know that's been explained, right? Surprised nobody figured it out sooner. I used to see similar moving rocks in the desert.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.