Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 305 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #4561
sirhk100

I've got the ORO LED tail lights on my jeep and honestly they burned out fairly fast but supposedly the latest and greatest version of them is better and not having the issues. LED's are relatively new to the auto scene but they're starting to become more and more the norm and I think the manufacturers are working out the bugs. I would think KC would have a pretty decent product considering their history and place in the automotive lighting industry. The new LED offroad lights are pretty *****in that's for sure! They're completely overpriced though still! I actually met with a vendor in Taiwan about making some for us and they were shocked when they heard the retail cost of others...

Which lights exactly are you looking at?

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #4562
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What size tires you planning to run out of curiosity? I've got a 3" or 4" (not really sure which) on mine and am on 35" tires. I can't decide if I want to stay on 35's though or bump back down to 33's. I have a 1" body lift in the garage to put on it someday if I decide to stick with the 35's but I'm sorta in decisive...
I'm on 31s right now, I will go up to 33s when I do my next tire change, not sure when that will be yet

If you want to do the body lift, let me know maybe we can do ours at the same time, since it seems you have all the tools needed. haha I would be willing to help you, if you help me kind of deal.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #4563
sirhk100

LOL, getting ready for hot pot with all sorts of messed up stuff cooked in it!!! You can see a 12" LED offroad light bar sitting across the table though. "dinner meeting" I'm pretty sure there was cows stomach in that one.

And just cause I've got my Taiwan pictures open... The entry to a cafe we ate at...

And some dude on his scooter!

Sorry they're sideways, I'm not sure why they didn't load right.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4564
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I'm on 31s right now, I will go up to 33s when I do my next tire change, not sure when that will be yet

If you want to do the body lift, let me know maybe we can do ours at the same time, since it seems you have all the tools needed. haha I would be willing to help you, if you help me kind of deal.
If I decide to stick with the 35's I'll probably do the body lift to get that extra bit of clearance. I'd be down to do that though when I get around to it depending how quick you want to get yours on. It might be a little while till I get around to installing it. My previous employer was Performance Accessories who basically are the biggest manufacturer of body lifts on the market so I've done one or two in my time as designer for them for almost 4 years. LOL
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #4565
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I decide to stick with the 35's I'll probably do the body lift to get that extra bit of clearance. I'd be down to do that though when I get around to it depending how quick you want to get yours on. It might be a little while till I get around to installing it. My previous employer was Performance Accessories who basically are the biggest manufacturer of body lifts on the market so I've done one or two in my time as designer for them for almost 4 years. LOL
I just ordered all the stuff up today. Just looking to do it in the next few weekends sometime. What experience do you have with doing a lift kit. I got a 4" rough country lift that looks fairly straightforward, they say about 6 hours or so to install.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #4566
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I love Canadians. Just got off the phone with some lawyer in Toronto, and despite his education and obvious sophistication, he still couldn't manage the correct pronunciation of several basic words.

Oh, and I'm thinking of dumping my electro disco. It's the one thing on my jeep that has been causing me problems. Anybody else with Rubi's that have been having issues with theirs?
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #4567
sirhk100

Lift kit install is pretty straight forward as long as you've got a decent set of tall jack stands and a floor jack. 6 hours if you really have no mechanical know how or clue is probably legit. If you know how to turn a wrench though it won't take you nearly that long. My coworker when I was at PA which was also trailmaster suspension was able to knock out jeep lift installs in about 2-2.5 hours working on a hoist with air tools just as a comparison.

Basically, set the frame on the stands, yank the tires, put the jack under the axle and to support it at full droop. Pull the shocks and unbolt the brake line at the frame most likely. Slowly lower the axle down and the coils should fall out. Then swap out all the control arms. Yank the trac bar and put one end of the new one in. Slap the coils back in, put shocks back on, deal with brakelines if needed. Then do the same on the rear. That's the quick version but for the most part that's all that's to it. Once it's on the ground you can check to make sure the axle is centered at ride height. If it's not, pull the track bar back down and adjust it accordingly (I'm assuming your kits coming with an adjustable one since most do these days) and then put it back in. Secret for lining the track bar up is while it's on the ground, go under there and with one end bolted up, swing the other into place. It probably won't line up the bolt hole, have someone turn the steering wheel one way or another till the hole lines up... That's probably the hardest part of the whole install honestly.

Rear trackbar is probably a bracket at the axle that will need some drilling most likely to bolt on or weld it on depending how permanent you want to do it.
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #4568
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lift kit install is pretty straight forward as long as you've got a decent set of tall jack stands and a floor jack. 6 hours if you really have no mechanical know how or clue is probably legit. If you know how to turn a wrench though it won't take you nearly that long. My coworker when I was at PA which was also trailmaster suspension was able to knock out jeep lift installs in about 2-2.5 hours working on a hoist with air tools just as a comparison.

Basically, set the frame on the stands, yank the tires, put the jack under the axle and to support it at full droop. Pull the shocks and unbolt the brake line at the frame most likely. Slowly lower the axle down and the coils should fall out. Then swap out all the control arms. Yank the trac bar and put one end of the new one in. Slap the coils back in, put shocks back on, deal with brakelines if needed. Then do the same on the rear. That's the quick version but for the most part that's all that's to it. Once it's on the ground you can check to make sure the axle is centered at ride height. If it's not, pull the track bar back down and adjust it accordingly (I'm assuming your kits coming with an adjustable one since most do these days) and then put it back in. Secret for lining the track bar up is while it's on the ground, go under there and with one end bolted up, swing the other into place. It probably won't line up the bolt hole, have someone turn the steering wheel one way or another till the hole lines up... That's probably the hardest part of the whole install honestly.

Rear trackbar is probably a bracket at the axle that will need some drilling most likely to bolt on or weld it on depending how permanent you want to do it.
Yeah it seems pretty straight forward. This kit uses the factory track bar, just moves it over 3/4"
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #4569
sirhk100

Oh, well in that case even easier cause it takes the adjusting guess work out of the equation. Still remember the turning the steering wheel trick while your under it to help line up the hole if they don't just fall into place. It's a heck of a lot easier then jacks or ratchet straps.
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #4570
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hi everybody!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #4571
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hi everybody!
Hi Dr. Marn!
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #4572
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hi everybody!
How's that arm healing up?
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #4573
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
How's that arm healing up?
(as in a status report, or as a description of the physiological processes involved ... )
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #4574
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
(as in a status report, or as a description of the physiological processes involved ... )
Lets get an update on both.
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #4575
sirhk100

Better yet, have you come up with a kickbutt story to tell people how it happened? Like battling midget ninjas while riding a zebra striped donkey thru the streets of bagdad under enemy fire blindfolded?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.