Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 304 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #4546
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There was supposed to be a "." after believe. I know it's not leaking.

Unread 02-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #4547
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Meh.. Friends help friends, parts or what ever....
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #4548
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Glad I wasn't the only one! We can be sensigay together I guess. Everyone else here is too insecure with their sexuality to admit it!
Not true! I liked it and I'm not gay.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #4549
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Uhhh guys... You DO realize that you are friends with a plumber right??? Just sayin'....
I'll try to remember that for future use. I may not need the faucet hose. After I couldn't find one anywhere that is just a few inches longer, I popped the rubber washers off, cleaned them up really good, and added a bunch of plumbers tape to it. Got up this morning and it was dry. Fixed for now.

I do need two toilet fill assembly sets. Where is the cheapest place to get those?

Random memory: Way back in the day, I kept seeing guys in suits hanging around before we deployed. When I asked, I was told they were plumbers. Figured out later they were CIA.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #4550
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Fill valves can be had cheap at any hardware store, however if the toilet you are working on has the 1PC angle stop/supply line make sure to replace that too. They become brittle over time due to our water here in Vegas. If you don't know how to replace it let me know. I live by Pollock and Windmill.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #4551
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've changed them out a few times. I need to head over to Lowes again anyway.

Didn't know you were that close. I'm near Bermuda and Pyle.
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #4552
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my lift kit and some other good stuff! BTW if you ever buy anything from Rough Country, call in your order and tell them you are a JF member, you get an extra 10% off the order. Super nice guys to work with.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #4553
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You sure it was fireworks? Is there an MLK in Henderson?
They were fireworks. And no, there isn't a MLK anywhere nearby, but I live on the edge of the desert, and some of my neighbors are interesting. If this were the 1870's my neighborhood would resemble a Clint Eastwood western more than anything from a Jane Austin novel.
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #4554
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

What kind of lift did you go with?

I was thinking of looking into a very modest 1" lift only because I get a tiny bit of tire rubbing. I also just got new shocks and want to be able to use them.
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #4555
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
...there isn't a MLK anywhere nearby, but I live on the edge of the desert, and some of my neighbors are interesting. If this were the 1870's my neighborhood would resemble a Clint Eastwood western more than anything from a Jane Austin novel.
I guess MLK's are only in old cities and Henderson is relatively new. Happy Black History Month by the way.

That Clint Eastwood commercial is proving to be controversial. Speculation is that Chrysler is returning the favor to Obama for the bailouts. I saw it as completely opposite. I didn't find it very flattering of Obama at all.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #4556
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Anyone try the LED back up lights by KC? I can't find any websites with any reviews
No first hand experience with those persay but KC is one of the leaders in aftermarket lighting and LED lights are pretty badass these days so IMO if they're what you want, I personally wouldn't hesitate to gamble on them. I really doubt they'll let you down in brightness and function or quality.

Wed evening can't get here fast enough!!! KOH!!!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #4557
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
What kind of lift did you go with?

I was thinking of looking into a very modest 1" lift only because I get a tiny bit of tire rubbing. I also just got new shocks and want to be able to use them.
A 4" suspension lift and 1.25" body lift
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #4558
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

im going into town for hydraulic parts anyone feel like having lunch
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #4559
sirhk100

What size tires you planning to run out of curiosity? I've got a 3" or 4" (not really sure which) on mine and am on 35" tires. I can't decide if I want to stay on 35's though or bump back down to 33's. I have a 1" body lift in the garage to put on it someday if I decide to stick with the 35's but I'm sorta in decisive...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #4560
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

No first hand experience with those persay but KC is one of the leaders in aftermarket lighting and LED lights are pretty badass these days so IMO if they're what you want, I personally wouldn't hesitate to gamble on them. I really doubt they'll let you down in brightness and function or quality.

Wed evening can't get here fast enough!!! KOH!!!
I've used LED lights for speciality lighting around the house for parties, I wondered about usage of the bulbs, ability to handle weather, road vibration, etc. I'm sure the brightness vs energy draw is a great advantage over traditional bulbs.....just a bit worried that there are no reviews yet, I know the technology is relatively new for consumer use though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.