Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #4486
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey guys.

that sharp edge is the edge of my front fender...that was oh-so skillfully trimmed by a previous owner.

I was stretching a drum brake spring and my grip slipped and i went flying backwards with all my weight into that "hook"

Note the hair on the metal.....

Wanna see the surgery pics?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #4487
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's why I don't like that shyt around my yard. You can't watch your house all the time.

Look at the south. Where I live now is quiet except for all the white kids being all happy outside. My last neighborhood here in the south was even quieter, but that was because half of the street was foreclosed.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #4488
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
So I found out that my jeep has a pretty damn sharp edge.
Walk it off, pu55y!
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #4489
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Hahaha Maximum Overdrive! Love that flick. I can't find it anywhere on DVD only old VHS. It's out of print.
It's on PirateBay.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #4490
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
That's why I don't like that shyt around my yard. You can't watch your house all the time.

Look at the south. Where I live now is quiet except for all the white kids being all happy outside. My last neighborhood here in the south was even quieter, but that was because half of the street was foreclosed.
I am letting the wife do the home picking and she was looking near the BD area. Maybe we can pound some cold one's soon. I mean beers not corpses though.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #4491
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hey guys.

that sharp edge is the edge of my front fender...that was oh-so skillfully trimmed by a previous owner.

I was stretching a drum brake spring and my grip slipped and i went flying backwards with all my weight into that "hook"

Note the hair on the metal.....

Wanna see the surgery pics?
So yeah, last spring, I was using a big flathead screwdriver on the drum brake springs of my jeep like I have a hundred times before in my life and bam, the screwdriver slipped off the spring post and guess where it went. Right in my face. An inch under my eye all the way to the bone. Took a few stitches but it was a huge lesson for me. I try to be very very careful now with that stuff. And I always wear gloves, safety glasses and coveralls. Well almost always on the coveralls....
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #4492
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I am letting the wife do the home picking and she was looking near the BD area. Maybe we can pound some cold one's soon. I mean beers not corpses though.
If you mean Blue Diamond there are plenty of nice areas in that area. I can't even think of a bad neighborhood anywhere along Blue Diamond, but that'll be a long drive for her to Nellis.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #4493
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
If you mean Blue Diamond there are plenty of nice areas in that area. I can't even think of a bad neighborhood anywhere along Blue Diamond, but that'll be a long drive for her to Nellis.
I keep mentioning that to her but it hasn't sunk in yet. It's a crazy drive. Either way we will definitely be out of here in April. Who wants to have a really fun moving party?
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #4494
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I guess that also depends on what time she leaves in the morning. Before 8AM the interstate is fairly clear, but if she gets out anytime after 8:01 it's a parking lot. Seems everyone leaves at the same time.

Even with the traffic, it might be worth it to get away from La Raza.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #4495
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Was there more to it, or did you really almost lose skin because some punk kid was looking at you?
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #4496
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I hate the Nw been here for 7 years and it has gone way down hill. Next door foreclosed and yeah section 8 thugs moved in.
I watched them run in and out of the garage for 15 minutes trying to get it to close. They didn't know there is a sensor. Real bright folk. I finally stopped laughing long enough to tell them about the sensors. Lol
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #4497
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Was there more to it, or did you really almost lose skin because some punk kid was looking at you?
I never sweated it but when you have someone staring you down ten feet away it's pretty confrontational. I asked him what the hell he was staring at and he got really mouthy saying he would destroy me lol. I told him to come over and settle up then. Of course nothing happened. Then the crazy mom and druggy dad got mouthy. It was more annoying than anything but I was ready at that point to defend myself. I have had enough of them. I heard the dad say before that he has hep C from shooting up in the past so I would avoid him. Nasty. He's like a walking bio weapon. I over heard him through my window one day when he was trying to buy oxy's from the crack head down the street.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #4498
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

On my run came across a set of jeep wheels out with the garbage - (hammer rd & just west of el capitian) and some large rack / mount I couldn't identify - sorry I don't run with a tape measure and I was passing soooo very fast didn't get more details.... Thought I would pass along the info in case someone is interested
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #4499
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I get it. It just built up to this. Yeah, probably better to get out of the neighborhood. That's no way to live.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #4500
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here you go, Polka. As long as she doesn't mind driving, that whole north valley we were shooting in is still for sale.

http://www.ballengrouphomes.com/view...-ADDA8ABCD36A/

Price is down to only $2,390,000.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.