Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #436
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Hello,
I need a little help. Does anyone know where to do i make a turn to Potato Ridge(Rocky Road Gap) from Lovell Canyon. I drove there 2 days ago but i ddnt find any sign saying about the Rocky Road Gap. I ended up all the way to Trout and Pahrump. I only see some camp sites. Thanks
A few of us will be making that run Sat. We will be meeting up at the 9:00am at the corner of Blue Diamond & Rainbow in Chevron & McDonalds parking lot

Mike

MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #437
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't realize there was a Vegas section here.

Ill introduce myself I'm Steve and I drive a 98' ZJ flat black.

Once I get it lifted (more than 2") and better tires ill have to join you guys on a trail run or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #438
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I didn't realize there was a Vegas section here.

Ill introduce myself I'm Steve and I drive a 98' ZJ flat black.

Once I get it lifted (more than 2") and better tires ill have to join you guys on a trail run or two.

where are you located? I have seen a few ZJ's around town.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #439
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm located at Jones and Charleston by the CSN campus. And you?

Unread 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #440
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm located at Jones and Charleston by the CSN campus. And you?

Unread 04-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #441
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
It's not labeled "Rocky Gap Road," but I believe there is a trail marker on the RH side with the forest service road #. Here's a map from the SMNRA/Forest Service website.

You want the road that goes between the Rainbow and La Madre mtn wilderness.
Thanks Vegasmat. This will help me to find more trails around here.
Im assuming its the one i marked on the map. Im driving a WJ with 3" lift and 31.5 M/T tires. Ive watched some run in youtube, theres a part that needs a spotter. Is there anyway around this spot. Ill be driving by myself.

I cant make it this sat MikeSW214. I work till 11 am that day. Maybe i should just call in. heh.
rocky-road.jpg  
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #442
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
A few of us will be making that run Sat. We will be meeting up at the 9:00am at the corner of Blue Diamond & Rainbow in Chevron & McDonalds parking lot

Mike
Sounds like fun. Guess it's time to see what my TJ can do out of the mud and into the rocks.

I'll see you guys in the A.M.
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #443
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Please post pics and some vids after. Have Fun Wheelers...
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #444
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Thanks Vegasmat. This will help me to find more trails around here.
Im assuming its the one i marked on the map. Im driving a WJ with 3" lift and 31.5 M/T tires. Ive watched some run in youtube, theres a part that needs a spotter. Is there anyway around this spot. Ill be driving by myself.

I cant make it this sat MikeSW214. I work till 11 am that day. Maybe i should just call in. heh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5PUV5eebMc&NR=1
My old iron made it up and over rocky gap without any problems, but it's 4" on 33's and i had spotters.

I used to run it in my TJ alone, without any issue since I knew the trail, but I have been told lately that the trail washed out this past fall and is NOT the same as it used to be. There are some hairy spots on it.

Please, dont go alone, or if you do make absolutely sure some folks know where you're going and when you'll be back. I've gotten stuck alone before, and its not fun.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #445
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Andrew, did you ever find/use someone in Vegas for any powder-coating? I need to find someone. There are a couple places right by my office so I can run by and check them out but just wanted to see if anyone here "recommended" someone.

I'm close to Imperial PC, Vegas PC, and Powder Coating Plus.

Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #446
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Andrew, did you ever find/use someone in Vegas for any powder-coating? I need to find someone. There are a couple places right by my office so I can run by and check them out but just wanted to see if anyone here "recommended" someone.

Ricky
You could try snail motorsports

I haven't actually used them for anything, but they are right next to where I work. Based on the things I see come out of their/the cars parked outside they seem to be top notch
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #447
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Ricky
I called a few different places to get quotes for doing my rims on the magnum, but never had them done.

Sorry to say, I dont have any experience. I always just ended up painting things because of the cost, and the ability to touch it up instantly.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #448
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Any Wheelin' Pics fro last saturday? I wonder hows the condition of the trail this year...
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #449
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Any Wheelin' Pics fro last saturday? I wonder hows the condition of the trail this year...
Washs where tough. The main trail where it meets up with the wash is not stock friendly. We had 24 jeeps on this run and there where a ton of bikes on the trail yesterday. Was a blast.
Pic:
http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wrangle...hotos/1368596/
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #450
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey VegasMatt, I know you were asking about my CB mount location, and here is the website I got it from. I know it looks kinda shady but he shipped it fast and with everything i needed (including wire splices, and enough power cable to get from the CB to behind the dash):

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.