Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Reply
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #436
MikeSW214
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Hello,
I need a little help. Does anyone know where to do i make a turn to Potato Ridge(Rocky Road Gap) from Lovell Canyon. I drove there 2 days ago but i ddnt find any sign saying about the Rocky Road Gap. I ended up all the way to Trout and Pahrump. I only see some camp sites. Thanks
A few of us will be making that run Sat. We will be meeting up at the 9:00am at the corner of Blue Diamond & Rainbow in Chevron & McDonalds parking lot

Mike

MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #437
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,025
I didn't realize there was a Vegas section here.

Ill introduce myself I'm Steve and I drive a 98' ZJ flat black.

Once I get it lifted (more than 2") and better tires ill have to join you guys on a trail run or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
__________________
1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #438
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I didn't realize there was a Vegas section here.

Ill introduce myself I'm Steve and I drive a 98' ZJ flat black.

Once I get it lifted (more than 2") and better tires ill have to join you guys on a trail run or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
where are you located? I have seen a few ZJ's around town.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #439
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,025
I'm located at Jones and Charleston by the CSN campus. And you?

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
__________________
1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #440
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,025
I'm located at Jones and Charleston by the CSN campus. And you?

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
__________________
1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #441
blazepsi
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
It's not labeled "Rocky Gap Road," but I believe there is a trail marker on the RH side with the forest service road #. Here's a map from the SMNRA/Forest Service website.

You want the road that goes between the Rainbow and La Madre mtn wilderness.
Thanks Vegasmat. This will help me to find more trails around here.
Im assuming its the one i marked on the map. Im driving a WJ with 3" lift and 31.5 M/T tires. Ive watched some run in youtube, theres a part that needs a spotter. Is there anyway around this spot. Ill be driving by myself.

I cant make it this sat MikeSW214. I work till 11 am that day. Maybe i should just call in. heh.
rocky-road.jpg  
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #442
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
A few of us will be making that run Sat. We will be meeting up at the 9:00am at the corner of Blue Diamond & Rainbow in Chevron & McDonalds parking lot

Mike
Sounds like fun. Guess it's time to see what my TJ can do out of the mud and into the rocks.

I'll see you guys in the A.M.
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #443
blazepsi
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 699
Please post pics and some vids after. Have Fun Wheelers...
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #444
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Thanks Vegasmat. This will help me to find more trails around here.
Im assuming its the one i marked on the map. Im driving a WJ with 3" lift and 31.5 M/T tires. Ive watched some run in youtube, theres a part that needs a spotter. Is there anyway around this spot. Ill be driving by myself.

I cant make it this sat MikeSW214. I work till 11 am that day. Maybe i should just call in. heh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5PUV5eebMc&NR=1
My old iron made it up and over rocky gap without any problems, but it's 4" on 33's and i had spotters.

I used to run it in my TJ alone, without any issue since I knew the trail, but I have been told lately that the trail washed out this past fall and is NOT the same as it used to be. There are some hairy spots on it.

Please, dont go alone, or if you do make absolutely sure some folks know where you're going and when you'll be back. I've gotten stuck alone before, and its not fun.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #445
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,463
Andrew, did you ever find/use someone in Vegas for any powder-coating? I need to find someone. There are a couple places right by my office so I can run by and check them out but just wanted to see if anyone here "recommended" someone.

I'm close to Imperial PC, Vegas PC, and Powder Coating Plus.

Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #446
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Andrew, did you ever find/use someone in Vegas for any powder-coating? I need to find someone. There are a couple places right by my office so I can run by and check them out but just wanted to see if anyone here "recommended" someone.

I'm close to Imperial PC, Vegas PC, and Powder Coating Plus.

Ricky
You could try snail motorsports

I haven't actually used them for anything, but they are right next to where I work. Based on the things I see come out of their/the cars parked outside they seem to be top notch
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #447
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Andrew, did you ever find/use someone in Vegas for any powder-coating? I need to find someone. There are a couple places right by my office so I can run by and check them out but just wanted to see if anyone here "recommended" someone.

I'm close to Imperial PC, Vegas PC, and Powder Coating Plus.

Ricky
I called a few different places to get quotes for doing my rims on the magnum, but never had them done.

Sorry to say, I dont have any experience. I always just ended up painting things because of the cost, and the ability to touch it up instantly.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #448
blazepsi
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 699
Any Wheelin' Pics fro last saturday? I wonder hows the condition of the trail this year...
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #449
MikeSW214
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Any Wheelin' Pics fro last saturday? I wonder hows the condition of the trail this year...
Washs where tough. The main trail where it meets up with the wash is not stock friendly. We had 24 jeeps on this run and there where a ton of bikes on the trail yesterday. Was a blast.
Pic:
http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wrangle...hotos/1368596/
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #450
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 128
Hey VegasMatt, I know you were asking about my CB mount location, and here is the website I got it from. I know it looks kinda shady but he shipped it fast and with everything i needed (including wire splices, and enough power cable to get from the CB to behind the dash):

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.