Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 297 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #4441
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile
Ok so it's not my jeep topless but I did go topless today
Here's the evidence

image-1368283307.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #4442
sirhk100

^^^^^^ Show off!!!! LOL J/K!

I'm thinking about buying a .22 conversion for my G19 next week. There's something appealing about 5500 rounds for like $140!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #4443
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How many times can someone say "topless"?
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #4444
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If anyone is considering looking for Ron Kirk, here are the latest maps.

http://www.vegashikers.com/Ron_Kirk_SR/index.html
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #4445
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ysb have you looked at ham radios? Those can transmit coast to coast with repeaters that are everhwhere.
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #4446
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My wife's redneck family are big into ham radio. I considered it, but I'd need someone on the other end listening and I don't know anyone using ham. There's also the issue of getting and maintaining the radio license. I have memory issues and I think you still need to take a test that involves morse code. Even if I cheated my way through the test, the start up cost with all the equipment is expensive.

You got me thinking about something else though. A business I used to own used fleet repeaters. Similar to the way ham radio works, but no license is required. If I remember right, when the radios are programmed, the initial buyer pays for the frequency. The ones we used could easily hit another radio at +50 miles. Still have the issue of needing someone on the other end listening, but if I can find a used set of fleet repeaters maybe others here would want in on it.

If we had a few people here on the same frequency we could just get a message to others to turn their radios on for the day. Something to think about. I'll see what prices I can find.
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #4447
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i know what your talking about but yo do still need a licnse. you probably bought the licemse with the radios. the business needed a operating licemse not each user. those have really good range. if a police radio works where your going so will those repeaters. they use the same systems and towers. there still expensive even if you can find them used. if you find a good deal on some say around $50 a user i'd want in on that. i'd even let you use my house as a repeater here in puhrump. a repeater station here would cover you all the way past goodsprings into california and i'm sure from here i can hit the reapeter at mt charleston. from there i can easily cover up to rachel.
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #4448
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I really don't want to have to get a license for a set. Maybe if I can just find a used set already programmed, I won't have to worry about a license? If others show interest in this I'll look around, but if not enough people are interested it won't really be useful.
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #4449
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

let us know what you find.

Anyone placing any bets on the game?
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #4450
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not placing any bets, but I'm predicting 27-17. Giants.

When I was in Florida I was big into football, but I lost interest since I moved here. Other than betting, football doesn't seem to appeal to people. The games I want to see aren't even televised here unless you pay.
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #4451
sirhk100

What's football? LOL I'll probably either be up at valley of fire tomorrow riding dirt bikes or home working on random projects. Trying to get motivated to hitch up the trailer and pull it out to start loading up for KOH which will also clear some garage space. Need to pile up all the parts to go with the transmission for Garza this morning too then probably head out and run some errands. Also need to pull the jeep in and look at the rear pinion angle and have another friend supposedly swinging by later today to do an O2 change on her jeep. (white one here)

Anyone been to the Desert Bar in Parker Az? If not and you're in the area I highly recommend finding it!!! I can give you a pretty fun mellow trail that will get you out to it! (these pics were with the picture above so why not... LOL)

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #4452
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Get to drop the kids off on base today and take our quads out to the apex if anyone wants to come. Should be there around 3:30 or so.

The wife is from Connecticut and a big pats fan so the super bowl is a must
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #4453
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
I really don't want to have to get a license for a set. Maybe if I can just find a used set already programmed, I won't have to worry about a license? If others show interest in this I'll look around, but if not enough people are interested it won't really be useful.
I'm in. That would take a lot of worry out of the wife and my weekend trips. It would be great to stay under 100 per radio.
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #4454
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Get to drop the kids off on base today and take our quads out to the apex if anyone wants to come. Should be there around 3:30 or so.

The wife is from Connecticut and a big pats fan so the super bowl is a must
I'll be there in the rzr. Just have to finish getting it back together!!
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #4455
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I'm in. That would take a lot of worry out of the wife and my weekend trips. It would be great to stay under 100 per radio.
I found quite a few sets being sold on various sites. As little as two programmed sets all the way over 50. Prices per radio would vary depending on the model and if it's a base, vehicle or mobile. Looks like they would be around $50 to $250 per radio if we bought 5. Cheap looks really old.

With you and Jacob, we'd only have two left. If anyone else wanted to get in on the frequency they could just get their own radio and have it programmed to frequency. I've been finding places that will program a frequency for around $20.

Jacob, if we can find a way to make this work and have enough interest, we'll probably take you up on the repeater offer. I take it you have no HOA that would object to an antenna?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.