Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 296 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #4426
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Then I third the 10/22!! They're cheap and you can get all kinds of accessories for them, 30rd magazines, they're strong, accurate, light, just an all around perfect
weapon for a young person. I think they're around 250ish at big 5.

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #4427
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison3DSpider

Yea, $30-40 a month is a lot. One way communication with the Spot is good. Who needs a response, when I text the wife to tell her to get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. I am coming home early!!!!
Careful, she'll be slipping antifreeze into your sandwiches a little at a time. Renal failure in a few years!
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #4428
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I think they're around 250ish at big 5.
Is that all? I know Bass Pro is tourist inflated, but I just saw one there in the $450-500 range.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #4429
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

This is where its at!! I'm buying one tonight

http://www.acrelectronics.com/produc...qlink-406-gps/
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #4430
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Careful, she'll be slipping antifreeze into your sandwiches a little at a time. Renal failure in a few years!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #4431
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb-that's far too expensive!! I know the stainless ones are more, but 275-300 is tops for a new one. Look at the next show. BTW, who is going to the next show? I wanna go and get something cool!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #4432
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was just looking at that same ResQLink at Bass Pro the other day. I'm there way too much. If I was in Florida with my boat, I'd want that, but it seems to be strictly an emergency device. If that fits your needs, perfect.

I think I need something not just for emergencies, but for soft rescues like vehicle trouble.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #4433
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ysb-that's far too expensive!! I know the stainless ones are more, but 275-300 is tops for a new one. Look at the next show. BTW, who is going to the next show? I wanna go and get something cool!
Never saw a stainless 15-22. I only knew about the polymer model. I expect Bass Pro to cost more, but I don't think I've seen a 15-22 for less than $350 at gun auction sites.

Great if I'm wrong. I can start dropping hints that I want one.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #4434
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those beacons I was talking about kinda scared me a but, because if they are use in non emergencies, it's a 100k fine and you have to pay for the rescue. So if your injury or inability to navigate is not deemed a Bona fide emergency, get the mortgage papers ready!(I'm too soft for prison, I admit it) I'd either kill someone or kill myself! I don't think I could handle it. Ok tangent over!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #4435
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=272160926

Ruger 10/22 in stainless with synthetic stock NIB $250!!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #4436
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, I see. We're comparing different things. The one I want is the S&W 15-22 I linked in the YouTube video. It's an AR style, but in 22.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #4437
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, they don't mess around with non-emergency rescues. The kid of someone we knew in Florida was calling out a mayday from his boat in his backyard. He was saying that they were in the river, hit a submerged log, his Dad went over board and the boat was sinking.

Navy Seahawks, Coast Guard and marine patrol were sent out to track the signal. Dumbarse kid didn't think they'd do that. He had to convince everyone his kid had mental issues to reduce the fine.

I'd be the guy that sets off his beacon for an overheated Jeep.
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #4438
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have a folding stock for the 10/22 if someone wants it. Forgot what I paid for it, so make an offer! I'll have to find it too.
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #4439
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

I'd be the guy that sets off his beacon for an overheated Jeep.
Or bump it or catch the trigger on something and set it off without knowing it. Oops!
Unread 02-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #4440
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Ok so it's not my jeep topless but I did go topless today
image-945029099.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.