Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 295 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #4411
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You're all so manly.

I was also shooting early. I was just thinking that at age 7, my parents bought me things like GI Joe's and I was hoping for maybe a new bike.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #4412
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I'm looking for a 22 rifle for my 7 year old son. Ideas comments suggestions?!?!
How about a Henry? My 22 mag is You can even get custom engraving on it for a few extra $
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #4413
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Remember the guy up near Elko that fell in a mine while riding. They couldn't get him out an he just laid down there and died. They had to leave him!
I remember that. Sucks they had to leave him. He was still breathing, but with the kind of head trauma the cameras saw, he probably wasn't feeling anything when it was over.

The BLM stepped up the mine closures after that. Sucks for me. I've been finding lots of fresh cement covering mines west and north of Goodsprings.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #4414
Poison3DSpider

YSB, I have a Delorme PN60W With SPOT Communicator. It has never not sent a message for me. It will also send out your location every 10 min. Here is a You-tube link.
I love it, works great.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #4415
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That looks like it fits my needs. What is the initial cost and are there monthly fees involved?
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #4416
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I just watched the video again. It looks like it's a GPS attached to the Spot Communicator, but it looks like I can just buy the Communicator and use it with my Android phone.

http://www.basspro.com/SPOT-Connect-...10211633/80337

Thanks again, Poison. Amazing how fast technology is moving.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #4417
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hi guys im back! I broke my phone a few days ago, got a new one so i'm back on teh forum.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #4418
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Find an old bolt action or single shot break action. No semi autos until they can consistently hit soda cans at 50yds. Then mount a scope on said bolt action and repeat at 100yds. With a semi he will spray and pray! Marlin makes a decent bolt action, or of you're loaded, buy a Thompson center encore frame and a 22lr barrel. It's single shot/action and can be configured to any rifle/pistol caliber imaginable and can be either a rifle or pistol. Also don't allow him to use the rifle until he's read owners manual cover to cover and can disassemble and reassemble it for cleaning.
This isn't his first. I'm actually wanting to upgrade to a semi auto.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #4419
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Hi guys im back! I broke my phone a few days ago, got a new one so i'm back on teh forum.
What kind of phone did you get? I just picked up the Motorola Atrix and the thing is super fast compared to my old one. It even came with an HDMI cable that I can attach to a HiDef TV. It's the one that you can dock to a laptop and it used the dual core processor from the phone to power it.

All that phone and all I do on it is visit this forum and a few others and play Angry Birds.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #4420
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
This isn't his first. I'm actually wanting to upgrade to a semi auto.
In that case, get him this. If I had the extra cash, I'd get one. Could shoot for hours and not go broke.

Unread 02-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #4421
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I just watched the video again. It looks like it's a GPS attached to the Spot Communicator, but it looks like I can just buy the Communicator and use it with my Android phone.

http://www.basspro.com/SPOT-Connect-...10211633/80337

Thanks again, Poison. Amazing how fast technology is moving.
Yes, you can now use an Android phone. I paid $190 for the year. I think you can get away a little cheaper than that. It takes out a lot of the risk, when I go out alone in the Jeep, or hiking. Here is a link to the Spot page, and I think the pricing of the service.http://www.findmespot.com/en/ If I was in the market now I would get one of these.

The wife says I am NOT in the market now
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #4422
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was just on the findmespot site. Looks like the Spot Connect is around $150 with $100 a year service plan. That's not bad at all. It's only one way communication, but that's all I really need.

The InReach looks good, but I think the monthly on that was $30-40 a month. I really can't afford to add another monthly bill to my weak finances.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #4423
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Well folks, I have installed and used my last primitive gauge. No longer will I use the tools of the cave man. I have busted knuckles, every brass fitting in Lowe's, an angry wife( I made her go to Lowes when my truck was apart), and not to mention the frustration of running wires in tight spots and pulling the dash apart. All of this was wasted on a gauge that may or may not be accurate, and looks kind of stupid in the truck, when I could have just bought this and plugged it in. http://gbr.garmin.com/ecoroute-hd/ho..._hd_works.html

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #4424
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Does it show trans temp in Cherokee's? Pretty sure I read that OBD's in TJ's don't read the trans temp other than range.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #4425
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I was just on the findmespot site. Looks like the Spot Connect is around $150 with $100 a year service plan. That's not bad at all. It's only one way communication, but that's all I really need.

The InReach looks good, but I think the monthly on that was $30-40 a month. I really can't afford to add another monthly bill to my weak finances.
Yea, $30-40 a month is a lot. One way communication with the Spot is good. Who needs a response, when I text the wife to tell her to get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. I am coming home early!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.