Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 289 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #4321
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

BAD ***! You SAR boys sure did make a good entrance. I met a few in Iraq. Always profesional.

USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #4322
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb-just curious, why didn't you pull just far enough into your driveway to prevent parking behind? 2 car driveway? Gotta say, I know you must have given them weeks or months worth of chances. I would have flipped out and probably ended up in jail for torching it. Either that or towed it right off. You are much more patient than I. I don't really know how I would have handled that.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #4323
sirhk100

Eventually I would've either lifted the car on floor jacks and rolled it out into the middle of the street or possibly used the jeep winch to park it in his yard... Maybe just push it back up in front of his house but leave it sitting on cinder blocks with all 4 tires off the ground? Either way, I'd have just moved it myself...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #4324
sirhk100

smiiile, curious, which model wrangler did you get? I think you said it was a 4 door but did which level? Sport? Rubicon? etc?
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #4325
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've had my share of stupid over the years. Might be hard to tell now, but I used to enjoy fighting. There were times when I considered it recreation. Home is different. You don't want that sort of stuff around where you live.

It was a townhouse. I had a two space driveway, but it was a tandem driveway. There was also a sidewalk that went over the driveways. I didn't want to block the sidewalk since there was an elementary school nearby.

I did what I could to stop it. I first talked to the neighbor. I tried to talk to his landlord, but he didn't care. Having tried other solutions, I felt having it towed was the next step. Had it continued after that, I probably would have started it myself and parked it in a river.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #4326
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, at that point it would have been the only way to get through his dense little skull! Anyone got a hookup or buddy needing work that pours and finishes concrete? Obviously I'm willing to pay for it, just want a second quote. Needing about 10.5yds
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #4327
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

that would have beeen a better plan then setting it on fire or pushing it in the street. they'll know you took it but maybe they dont know. either way the car is gone and the problem is solved.
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #4328
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Smile posted she knew someone that did concrete work a few pages ago.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #4329
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Damn it. Those Ron Paul people keep calling me and I keep asking them to stop calling. They always ask if they have my support and I always tell them I would never, ever vote for Ron Paul.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #4330
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
What is the latest on that lost hiker at Red Rock? I wasn't able to find anything new. Even the Meetup groups organizing the searches went cold a few days ago. No new posts. Last we saw, they were asking for help with rope searches. Was thinking about heading out there Tuesday if they still need the help.

They've had hundreds of people out there searching Calico Basin. I've climbed a few areas there and there aren't that many places to get lost. Even with the lower temps, decomp wouldn't be difficult to track, unless he was in water. Calico Tanks is the only place up there with water deep enough to conceal a body, but you can see to the bottom there when it's deep. It's probably less than 2 feet deep now.
Still not found. Search "find Ron Kirk" on facebook and you'll see the page. They are assembling another search party for this Saturday. I will be out there at around 8am. They are searching brownstone this weekend.

About the treadwright. I did a lot of research to find these tires. They were $521 shipped, and probably another $50 to mount and balance. This price is far cheaper than ANY halfway decent tire out there. I haven't seen a bad review of them and there is a large. Thread on this forum about them. Mostly nothing but good things.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #4331
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Smiiile-do you know someone that pours and finishes? Or just epoxy coating? Like I said, I'll pay for it, not asking for charity here. I was quoted 2600 to dig out, form and pour a roughly 70'x12'x4" slab. It's a lot of concrete, about 10.3-10.5 yds.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #4332
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
smiiile, curious, which model wrangler did you get? I think you said it was a 4 door but did which level? Sport? Rubicon? etc?
4dr wrangler sport - but me saying it was too cold to go topless made me think it only reinforced the 'soccer mom-ness" of that vehicle.... Might be taking off the 'freedom panels tomorrow
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #4333
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Is there a grid somewhere showing areas searched in relation to where his vehicle was found?
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #4334
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Yeah, at that point it would have been the only way to get through his dense little skull! Anyone got a hookup or buddy needing work that pours and finishes concrete? Obviously I'm willing to pay for it, just want a second quote. Needing about 10.5yds
I have a friend who owns a conference finishing company - ill send you his info
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #4335
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, we get it! You're a girl!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.