Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 276 - JeepForum.com

 5Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4126 of 41896 Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to Jeeps, although I do have a brand new shiny one.

I have used this forum a bit and learned about the death wobble, which is why I got rid of my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. The dealership (Prestige) couldn't figure out or fix the problem and I was just sure I was going to kill myself one day in it. I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Jeep but the new Jeep is like salve to my wounds.

I definitely like the new Jeep but it is so quiet and comfortable I feel like a soccer mom driving it. I have been cruising the forums looking for mods to make to ensure it doesn't look like a soccer mom's Jeep. Any suggestions on mods I'd be open to hear. I can't raise it though; its already hard enough for my 5' 1" self to climb into it with 17" wheels. My new Jeep has a much more powerful engine so I feel like I might be able to do some trails in it.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and ask about any Las Vegas clubs that do trail runs.

Welcome to the forums. There are many things that you can to do to help it not look like a soccer mom ride. You could always find a set of Rubicon take off wheels. Or you could always just use stickers. something like this would work too.



gregaf3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4127 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
smiiile
Registered User
2012 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Welcome to the forums. There are many things that you can to do to help it not look like a soccer mom ride. You could always find a set of Rubicon take off wheels. Or you could always just use stickers. something like this would work too.
Stickers is a good idea - I'm thinking some lights and light guards to 'toughen it up' and of course one of those stickers that says "not my boyfriend's jeep". Haha!!

Smiiile
smiiile is offline  
post #4128 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 AM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
There's snow up in the mountains. I always thought the best way to improve the look of a Jeep is to get some mud on it.

As far as clubs go, there are a few to choose from. My preference is to avoid the clubs. Not because there aren't some great people in them, because there are. It's just because I get offroad to avoid traffic. Kind of hard to do when you bring the traffic with you. I prefer smaller groups.

There are a few people here who find trails weekly. None of them mind bringing others with them. My wife and I get offroad every Tuesday and Wednesday. Except for today. I way overslept. Had lunch with Powrjunkey and his family instead.

If you need some trail suggestions, there are plenty of good trails to choose from. Many have already been discussed in this thread. In fact, go ahead and read the whole thread. The best conversations here aren't even about Jeeps.
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #4129 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
smiiile
Registered User
2012 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
There's snow up in the mountains. I always thought the best way to improve the look of a Jeep is to get some mud on it.....,,,,

If you need some trail suggestions, there are plenty of good trails to choose from. Many have already been discussed in this thread. In fact, go ahead and read the whole thread. The best conversations here aren't even about Jeeps.
Great suggestions!! I'll try to get it dirty one of these days

Anyone found an air mattress or IPad mount for 2012 wrangler unlimited 4dr?

Smiiile
smiiile is offline  
post #4130 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 AM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
You know who's awesome? Me! I was checking through my emails earlier today and found one in my SPAM box. It's from one of the few open mining operations south of us. Someone else directed them to this thread and saw all the pictures posted of mine exploration. They said I could visit their operation anytime I wanted. I asked if tomorrow would be good. Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures of how modern mining works.

Anyone not busy tomorrow is welcome to join us.
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #4131 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 AM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Anyone found an air mattress or IPad mount for 2012 wrangler unlimited 4dr?
This guy used the OtterBox in his.

YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #4132 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 AM
smiiile
Registered User
2012 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You know who's awesome? Me! I was checking through my emails earlier today and found one in my SPAM box. It's from one of the few open mining operations south of us. Someone else directed them to this thread and saw all the pictures posted of mine exploration. They said I could visit their operation anytime I wanted. I asked if tomorrow would be good. Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures of how modern mining works.

Anyone not busy tomorrow is welcome to join us.
That IS awesome! Don't get dead!

Smiiile
smiiile is offline  
post #4133 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 AM
smiiile
Registered User
2012 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

This guy used the OtterBox in his.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfjbIY3aCA
Love that he made the video while getting his big Mac!! Haha

Smiiile
smiiile is offline  
post #4134 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 AM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
You're welcome to join my wife and I tomorrow if you'd like. Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but getting underground and roping is our thing. It'll probably be the death of me someday, but not tomorrow.

Meds are kicked in. Nice meeting you, Smiile. Off to sleep.
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #4135 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 AM
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,648
how would these look on the cherokee? Anyone know the specs? 15x8?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2797845888.html

Maybe someone has a set of steel wheels they want to offload cheap? yea yea?

'99 XJ Sport
It has a lift
It has 31's
It also other stuff
PhotoJared is offline  
post #4136 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,255
damn, im strong.

Snapped my flare nut wrench trying to get one of the fittings off my master cylinder.

I guess sitting on the jeep for 40 years made it pretty sticky.


got it out eventually, but couldnt find a bench bleed kit for my master cylinder....oh well, got the new one sitting there, and the old brake box out.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the new wheel cylinders and get to installing them...then hopefully have it back on the road in a few days!

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----- The Camper Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marn is offline  
post #4137 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM
smiiile
Registered User
2012 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You're welcome to join my wife and I tomorrow if you'd like. Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but getting underground and roping is our thing. It'll probably be the death of me someday, but not tomorrow.

Meds are kicked in. Nice meeting you, Smiile. Off to sleep.
Must work tomorrow so I won't be able to join y'all maybe one of these weeks soon though!!!

I have read some of the thread and the mines sound cool!

'night stupid bunny

Smiiile
smiiile is offline  
post #4138 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 AM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,786
So I have my T fitting installed for the trans oil temp sensor to the metal trans feed line going to the cooler. The instructions say that the brass sensor should automatically be grounded. I am assuming that is for when you tap it into the pan. Do I need to run a ground if it's screwed right into the metal line? I am and electricity doofus.
PolkaPower is offline  
post #4139 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 AM
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile

Great suggestions!! I'll try to get it dirty one of these days

Anyone found an air mattress or IPad mount for 2012 wrangler unlimited 4dr?
Google "ram mount". It's what I use for my iPhone.

'99 XJ Sport
It has a lift
It has 31's
It also other stuff
PhotoJared is offline  
post #4140 of 41896 Old 02-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Lasvjeep
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
damn, im strong.

Snapped my flare nut wrench trying to get one of the fittings off my master cylinder.

I guess sitting on the jeep for 40 years made it pretty sticky.

got it out eventually, but couldnt find a bench bleed kit for my master cylinder....oh well, got the new one sitting there, and the old brake box out.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the new wheel cylinders and get to installing them...then hopefully have it back on the road in a few days!
Plug the ports with your fingers and pump it..thats how the pros bench bleed masters

If you dont have someone to help bleed the system just crack em all and let it sit a few hours just don't let the master go dry
Lasvjeep is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Marn Nevada Jeep Forum 1354 05-05-2016 09:43 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 05:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 02:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 05:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 04:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome