Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 276 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #4126
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to Jeeps, although I do have a brand new shiny one.

I have used this forum a bit and learned about the death wobble, which is why I got rid of my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. The dealership (Prestige) couldn't figure out or fix the problem and I was just sure I was going to kill myself one day in it. I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Jeep but the new Jeep is like salve to my wounds.

I definitely like the new Jeep but it is so quiet and comfortable I feel like a soccer mom driving it. I have been cruising the forums looking for mods to make to ensure it doesn't look like a soccer mom's Jeep. Any suggestions on mods I'd be open to hear. I can't raise it though; its already hard enough for my 5' 1" self to climb into it with 17" wheels. My new Jeep has a much more powerful engine so I feel like I might be able to do some trails in it.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and ask about any Las Vegas clubs that do trail runs.

Welcome to the forums. There are many things that you can to do to help it not look like a soccer mom ride. You could always find a set of Rubicon take off wheels. Or you could always just use stickers. something like this would work too.

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #4127
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Welcome to the forums. There are many things that you can to do to help it not look like a soccer mom ride. You could always find a set of Rubicon take off wheels. Or you could always just use stickers. something like this would work too.
Stickers is a good idea - I'm thinking some lights and light guards to 'toughen it up' and of course one of those stickers that says "not my boyfriend's jeep". Haha!!
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #4128
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There's snow up in the mountains. I always thought the best way to improve the look of a Jeep is to get some mud on it.

As far as clubs go, there are a few to choose from. My preference is to avoid the clubs. Not because there aren't some great people in them, because there are. It's just because I get offroad to avoid traffic. Kind of hard to do when you bring the traffic with you. I prefer smaller groups.

There are a few people here who find trails weekly. None of them mind bringing others with them. My wife and I get offroad every Tuesday and Wednesday. Except for today. I way overslept. Had lunch with Powrjunkey and his family instead.

If you need some trail suggestions, there are plenty of good trails to choose from. Many have already been discussed in this thread. In fact, go ahead and read the whole thread. The best conversations here aren't even about Jeeps.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #4129
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
There's snow up in the mountains. I always thought the best way to improve the look of a Jeep is to get some mud on it.....,,,,

If you need some trail suggestions, there are plenty of good trails to choose from. Many have already been discussed in this thread. In fact, go ahead and read the whole thread. The best conversations here aren't even about Jeeps.
Great suggestions!! I'll try to get it dirty one of these days

Anyone found an air mattress or IPad mount for 2012 wrangler unlimited 4dr?
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #4130
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You know who's awesome? Me! I was checking through my emails earlier today and found one in my SPAM box. It's from one of the few open mining operations south of us. Someone else directed them to this thread and saw all the pictures posted of mine exploration. They said I could visit their operation anytime I wanted. I asked if tomorrow would be good. Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures of how modern mining works.

Anyone not busy tomorrow is welcome to join us.
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #4131
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
This guy used the OtterBox in his.

Unread 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #4132
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You know who's awesome? Me! I was checking through my emails earlier today and found one in my SPAM box. It's from one of the few open mining operations south of us. Someone else directed them to this thread and saw all the pictures posted of mine exploration. They said I could visit their operation anytime I wanted. I asked if tomorrow would be good. Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures of how modern mining works.

Anyone not busy tomorrow is welcome to join us.
That IS awesome! Don't get dead!
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #4133
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This guy used the OtterBox in his.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfjbIY3aCA
Love that he made the video while getting his big Mac!! Haha
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #4134
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You're welcome to join my wife and I tomorrow if you'd like. Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but getting underground and roping is our thing. It'll probably be the death of me someday, but not tomorrow.

Meds are kicked in. Nice meeting you, Smiile. Off to sleep.
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #4135
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

how would these look on the cherokee? Anyone know the specs? 15x8?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2797845888.html

Maybe someone has a set of steel wheels they want to offload cheap? yea yea?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #4136
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

damn, im strong.

Snapped my flare nut wrench trying to get one of the fittings off my master cylinder.

I guess sitting on the jeep for 40 years made it pretty sticky.

got it out eventually, but couldnt find a bench bleed kit for my master cylinder....oh well, got the new one sitting there, and the old brake box out.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the new wheel cylinders and get to installing them...then hopefully have it back on the road in a few days!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #4137
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're welcome to join my wife and I tomorrow if you'd like. Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but getting underground and roping is our thing. It'll probably be the death of me someday, but not tomorrow.

Meds are kicked in. Nice meeting you, Smiile. Off to sleep.
Must work tomorrow so I won't be able to join y'all maybe one of these weeks soon though!!!

I have read some of the thread and the mines sound cool!

'night stupid bunny
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #4138
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So I have my T fitting installed for the trans oil temp sensor to the metal trans feed line going to the cooler. The instructions say that the brass sensor should automatically be grounded. I am assuming that is for when you tap it into the pan. Do I need to run a ground if it's screwed right into the metal line? I am and electricity doofus.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #4139
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile

Great suggestions!! I'll try to get it dirty one of these days

Google "ram mount". It's what I use for my iPhone.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #4140
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
damn, im strong.

Snapped my flare nut wrench trying to get one of the fittings off my master cylinder.

I guess sitting on the jeep for 40 years made it pretty sticky.

got it out eventually, but couldnt find a bench bleed kit for my master cylinder....oh well, got the new one sitting there, and the old brake box out.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the new wheel cylinders and get to installing them...then hopefully have it back on the road in a few days!
Plug the ports with your fingers and pump it..thats how the pros bench bleed masters

If you dont have someone to help bleed the system just crack em all and let it sit a few hours just don't let the master go dry
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.