Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#5,401 ·
The machines are at 5 guys', wingstops, firehouse subs, some burger kings, chicken now(bellz outlet mall), and everything coca cola(strip). There are two versions, crew serve and self serve. There are three available colors, red/silver, silver/white, an black/silver(my favorite)

Attachments

#5,404 ·
I do like the new machines. But on the same side, I normally just get coke, don't really care for the extra stuff.

Personally I like the coke machines that the cup actuates the dispenser. You don't have to worry about some bugger picking kid or butt scratching scum bag pushing the button/touching the screen before you.

Another funny story. I was eating at an Arby's in Texas, I watched some bum ride is bike up and dig a cup out of the trash outside. He then went inside and asked for a refill. The lady behind the counter took the cup, scooped ice with it, filled it, returned it to the guy, then resumed serving other people food. Needless to say I did not ask for a refill after that and I never went back. wtf

#5,405 ·
I'm gonna have to go try the 5 guys joint. Maybe that'll even be on this weekend's plans. I've heard about it for a while and my parents even told me I should try one cause I guess they ate at one somewhere else in the country during their travels. I don't know though... I think Steak and Shake is gonna be hard to beat for cheap burgers and so far Bachi Burger has the expensive gourmet burger joints nailed down!!!

#5,406 ·
Yeah, Wendy's is cheap! I hate Wendy's! Also I never eat there! Something about see through aluminum wrappers from the grease kills it for me.

#5,410 ·
The automated machine is the ABS and is exclusive to McDonald's! It's a complicated creature with too many moving parts. If it doesn't get proper in store maintenance, the failure rate is unbelievable. Simple things like regular cleaning and keeping screws tight. It runs on pneumatic rams and solenoids with some intricate electric motors and gearboxes. It's a real pain in the a$$ to work on sometimes, but when it's working properly, it's way faster than said stupid teen future drop out on minimum wage or less walking through drink orders.

No plans on what to do today. Just probably going to have a decent dinner and cake, then kick it at the house and play rock band or something nerdy like that! :laugh:

#5,420 ·
She just called and said she's too busy to take the rest of the day off, but it'll be my luck I head ofroad and she tries to call.

I'm still having that small evap leak code in the Jeep. I really should try to figure that out. I thought I got it, but the light just popped on again. Cap seems good. I siliconed a line under the hood. Really hoping I don't have to drop the tank again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.