Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 263 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #3931
sirhk100

That is pretty impressive of a shop!

And where's that TJ at? I need parts!!! LOL What? Too soon?

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #3932
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
BTW, has anyone seen a magical junkyard where jeeps actually go to die?
I saw a JK in a salvage yard here once, but there was a note on it not to take parts. It was being sold with a salvage title.

Never saw any other Wranglers locally, but where I lived in Florida there were at least a dozen in every salvage yard. Nothing but mud and sand over there, so big trucks, motors and mudders were more popular. You could probably go into a Florida yard and buy everything you needed to build a whole Wrangler.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #3933
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That is pretty impressive of a shop!
Not so much the shop. It wasn't a shop policy. It was the man. If he goes to another shop, I'll give that shop my business.

Not sure why that Wrangler this morning needed to be towed. It really didn't look that bad. From what I saw, he rear ended the guy in front of him. I didn't see any fluids.
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #3934
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Damn. The nine we took in two days didn't even put a dent in the Texas hog population. Artillery may be needed.
1103534534.jpg  
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #3935
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Damn. The nine we took in two days didn't even put a dent in the Texas hog population. Artillery may be needed.
Dang that is crazy. He should try baiting them with corn and get a bunch of guys unloading on the huge groups. That is the craziest thing I've seen in a while.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #3936
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

They do bait them, but even that can only take so many at a time. They've tried traps and pens. They got smart to the traps fast. The pens work, but they have to use huge pens. Bigger every time because they learn to avoid the fences. They allow small hunting groups onto the property and let them get as many as they want and that helps short term, but in the meantime it pushes them onto neighbors land and makes it worse for someone else.

Early last year, they had an open season week that took over 100, but that only helped for a few months.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #3937
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Or set up a temp fence yard and bait them into it, and trap them. Then you have bacon for months!
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #3938
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nevermind, was typing when Ysb was! That's crazy how fast they multiply. I saw something on tv about them a couple years back. They are huge, mean and a huge problem in the thousands!
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #3939
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's kind of what they've been doing. Setting up long fence lines that funnel them into valleys. When enough are over the hill, they close off the fence and shoot what they can. Most of the hogs are given to a local meat processor.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #3940
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There's really nothing they can do, but try to maintain the population. There's a company in Arizona that is attempting to introduce sterilized hogs into the wild population. If that works, they might buy a few dozen from them.

Nuts how fast they reproduce.
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #3941
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This might help.
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #3942
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i believe they've made it legal to "sell" helicopter hunting rides there now.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #3943
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, they just did last Sept. Sounds like fun, but it has to be expensive. They won't be allowing helicopter hunts on their property. Novel idea, but they don't want tourists shooting wildly, scaring all the other animals.

Hunting of hogs doesn't require a license either. No tags. All you need is land owners permission.
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #3944
sirhk100

Just in case any of you are real men, it might be your lucky day.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/2742134255.html

No, I have nothing to do with that, I just thought it was a funny read...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #3945
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If I had the time I would go down and help reduce the population. It would be a blast.(pun intended)
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.