Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 261 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #3901
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can anyone recommend one of the Dodge dealerships here? I'm going to look at the new Durango's this weekend for my wife. I've only been to Prestige for parts, and didn't have problem there, but I understand the game when when it comes to buying a vehicle

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #3902
sirhk100

Not too thrilled with Towbin here in Henderson...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #3903
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Anyone looking to wheel on Sunday? Small group going to apex to play in the sand
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #3904
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Stay away from anything with the chopper. Total dick and thief.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #3905
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Can anyone recommend one of the Dodge dealerships here? I'm going to look at the new Durango's this weekend for my wife. I've only been to Prestige for parts, and didn't have problem there, but I understand the game when when it comes to buying a vehicle
Id go to prestige (same as towbin) and get a quote, also call up a few in cali, there economy is worse so you might get a better deal 4 hours away
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #3906
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Meh, my girl just bought a 2011 challenger from towbin in henderson, not a bad experience?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #3907
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The guys could keeps their orange "inmate" onesies and drive it around the hood
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #3908
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Anyone looking to wheel on Sunday? Small group going to apex to play in the sand
Depending how my weekend goes and how much progress I make on my jeep and some other things I want to try and get buttoned up I might consider taking my truck out there depending what all you have in mind running. It's only 2wd but there's a spool in the back and momentum is my friend! LOL
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #3909
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I bought my Jeep from Chapman. I went to Prestige about 6 months before that , the salesman was a total flake. He did not know anything about Jeeps and everything that I asked him he blew flower covered kisses up my ***. So after getting the full bs story I went to Chapman to by my Jeep. And guess what... the salesman from Prestige was now one of the sales managers at Chapman. WTF. Dealers are dealers no matter which one you go to.

On a second note, you should definitely look into joining tread lightly. You will be able to get a no haggle 1% under invoice price http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #3910
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

FWIW...

I'll never go to champan for anything ever again in my life.

They outright lied to me and tried to charge me double labor, charged me for the incorrect (more expensive) part, replaced a less expensive part, kept my car for 2 weeks, left my car sitting out in the parking lot with the windows down, and tried to give me my car back short about 7 gallons of gas.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #3911
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Depending how my weekend goes and how much progress I make on my jeep and some other things I want to try and get buttoned up I might consider taking my truck out there depending what all you have in mind running. It's only 2wd but there's a spool in the back and momentum is my friend! LOL
Lol sounds good. The d30 in the front if mine took a crap so im in 2wheel also.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #3912
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Cool, thanks for the heads up guys! I may try some over the phone or net dealings in AZ or CA too. I'm in no rush so I will shop around.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #3913
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the heads up guys! I may try some over the phone or net dealings in AZ or CA too. I'm in no rush so I will shop around.
If you're a costco member try their car buying service. It's pretty good.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3914
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

You can get a decent deal at Prestige, but they are *** clowns when it comes to scheduled maintenance. The first two months I owned my Jeep, my trans went out. They kept it for a month and NOT ONCE did they call me and tell me what was going on. I finally went in and talked to the service manager, then the dealer manager. Long story short, they "suddenly" found a transmission they could use and while they were installing it, messed up my dash board, ripped my seat, and scratched my center console. They tried to give it back to me like that.

I lost my damn mind and told all the people wating for there oil changes to look at my jeep. Needless to say, the manager doesn't work there anymore and I talked to "the chopper" himself. The guy is a ****** canoe. He offered to fix everything for free and added 5 free oil changes if I didn't report this to corporate. I told him I'll take it but too late, I already reported it AND I'd report his "offer".

After 6 weeks of bull spit, I have free oil changes for life, extended warranty, and I got free crap to put on my jeep (fuel door cover, tail light guards, grab handles, etc).

I use chapman jeep for oil changes now. They treat me like royalty (maybe Chrysler has a note in the system???). My jeep gets washed, detailed, vacuumed front and rear, etc.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #3915
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have heard horror stories about dealerships getting pissed about bad reviews and marking your vehicle in the system as being modified, thus voiding the warranty. I spent way too much time reading wayoflife's post on that other forum (the JK one) about how he filled out a bad customer survey and the dealership flagged his jeep in the system. It seems like it would have been easier to pass something through congress than it was for him to get the flag removed.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.