Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #376
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Armor. That should be evidenced by the above posts, haha.

It was something I never purchased...and luckily never had to rely on, but I'd say you should armor up, then throw an aussie locker or other lunchbox in the front. I hear that makes the biggest improvement without severly hindering handling, or hurting the wallet.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #377
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

After April 15th, I may be getting a bus... er... JKU... Stay tuned...
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #378
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

id say you should be armored also.

hahah again look at my post

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #379
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I guess better say than sorry. Probably should protect the oil pan first and then move on from there?
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #380
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
After April 15th, I may be getting a bus... er... JKU... Stay tuned...
nice! Do you plan to build a monster again, or just a decently capable trail rig/daily driver?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #381
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
I guess better say than sorry. Probably should protect the oil pan first and then move on from there?
oil pan and diffs are the biggies.

Grab an engine skid, then pick your style of diff covers. I believe the welded steel ones are ideal, cast iron CAN crack. it wont even bend, but it may crack.

you could do a better gas tank skid, but thats not 100% necessary. i always used to land on my bumper, not my tank, but i think i had a smaller one.

and a steering box skid is cheap and easy, but thats pretty darn high up. My front bumper used to protect my steering box, so no need for me.

Quote:

Unread 04-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #382
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
nice! Do you plan to build a monster again, or just a decently capable trail rig/daily driver?
Ill build it up a little, but nothing like the "the Goat" ever was. Im still debating whether I go with a Sport model or Rubicon model. That and whether I go 35s or 37s. I dont plan on doing much more rock crawling (well, the kind my Jeep could do) anymore. Itll be more of a trail riding rig.
Unread 04-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #383
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

phew, just got the transmission and transfer case bolted in. that stuff was heavy and hard to maneuver by myself.

thank god for transmission jacks and whatnot.

Quote:

Unread 04-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #384
botakbeng
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Steve,
Nice meeting you.

Looking forward to wheel with you guys .

Did i mention great looking Cherokee
botakbeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #385
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can anyone recommend a good place to get my CCW permit? Just picked up a new pistola and want to get legit. I was told to take a class that certified me in NV and UT because UT laws regulate me to carry in other states?

Thanks,
Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #386
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Can anyone recommend a good place to get my CCW permit? Just picked up a new pistola and want to get legit. I was told to take a class that certified me in NV and UT because UT laws regulate me to carry in other states?

Thanks,
Ricky
I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.

With both NV and UT you can carry in other states, UT just has more states you can carry in.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #387
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Thanks,
Ricky
I got mine at American shooters.

Any class should certify you in a both states, in almost every state actually, but you still need to file in that set to gain the reciprocity benefits. A regular nv class will be sufficient for a Utah permit, but you need to submit the paperwork and info for an out of state permit in Utah.

The reason people do this is because there ar a bunch of sates that recognize Utah permits but do not recognize nevada permits. Nothing to do with the class really , just the state laws. Utah nd florida are the most popular 'nonresident' permits i think.

I got my nv permit then got a nonresident new hampshire permit (I'm from new Hampshire and visit it often). The NH permit added several states tp my carry ability.

Www.hangunlaw.us has great reciprocity maps and lots of info about what you can do where.

I only did mine at American shooters because I had a friend doing the same. Gun store was doing free classes for a while but I think they dropped that.

Quote:

Unread 04-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #388
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garza what u get anyways?
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #389
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
Garza what u get anyways?
Glock 23 .40cal......took it with me out to Lovell, but didn't shoot because I didn't know what "rules" apply out there...besides common sense . Plus there were a lot of people when i got there.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #390
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im getting mine at New Frontier along with an SBR stamp.Actually i meant eventually..im still shopping around for a 1911.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.