Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2574 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #38596
sirhk100

I shipped a steel rock fender to china once, you don't want to know how much that cost!

Oh and... It rides a bit stiff with solid front shocks!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #38597
4x4Brit

It's got doors! Lol. Looking good Khris.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #38598
sirhk100

LOL, doors was the easy part! If I can get a windshield in it eventually, those doors may get swapped out for doors with glass in them.

Unread 08-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #38599
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, doors was the easy part! If I can get a windshield in it eventually, those doors may get swapped out for doors with glass in them.
my heart is broken. It now moves under its own power?! You have made progress, which is the exact opposite of what I suggested you do! lol

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #38600
sirhk100

I believe somewhere in the fine print on the rule book, it states something to the effect of.

"If one vehicle becomes running, another shall stop running to offset such interpretation of progress being made. Therefore, any viewed progress shall be null and void until all vehicles move under their own means."

So judging by the fact I literally had to push the one out of the intersection on Sat morning and walk home... I believe if I'm interpreting the rules correctly, progress has still not been made.

Unread 08-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #38601
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

haha. damn that fine print!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #38602
4x4Brit

Sounds about right Khris. Life can't let you get too far ahead at any onetime without there being at least a little correction ;-)
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #38603
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Can anyone here recommend a transmission shop to diagnose a trans issue with out the BS of Your gonna need a all new trans for $248472 lol.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #38604
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Can anyone here recommend a transmission shop to diagnose a trans issue with out the BS of Your gonna need a all new trans for $248472 lol.
I go to Baca's. Have had 3 rebuilt there.

Unread 08-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #38605
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Speaking of transmissions, I just grenaded my 3rd trans in my work van. 4l60e transmissions dont like stop and go full throttle driving..... j/k, the thing has 137,xxx miles on it and it was a U-haul van before I got it. Meh, oh well, time to use one of the ****ty back up vans.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #38606
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Sounds about right Khris. Life can't let you get too far ahead at any onetime without there being at least a little correction ;-)
If you only knew right now! Wind was just ripped from my sails... Parked the truck in the sideyard still on the trailer. Gonna cover it up for a bit and move on I think. Need to do a quick repair on the mustang. Contemplating selling it honestly. Too many vehicles, too much money tied up in the driveway. Far from broke but just kinda over it all. May sell dirt bike too. Ridden it 3 times since April of 2012. If I sell it, I might as well sell the enclosed trailer too cause I only have it for the bikes. See if Jason's ready to pull the trigger on getting the race truck fixed up again now. If so, maybe dive into his and then when his is up and going pull mine back off the trailer and button it up. Basically... hit a minor wall with the truck unloading it at the exhaust shop. Well, I didn't actually hit a wall with it... Cause that would mean the engine wasn't currently locked up solid on it. But hey, it ran awesome for about 10 minutes the other night at least!

Unread 08-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #38607
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

If you only knew right now! Wind was just ripped from my sails... Parked the truck in the sideyard still on the trailer. Gonna cover it up for a bit and move on I think. Need to do a quick repair on the mustang. Contemplating selling it honestly. Too many vehicles, too much money tied up in the driveway. Far from broke but just kinda over it all. May sell dirt bike too. Ridden it 3 times since April of 2012. If I sell it, I might as well sell the enclosed trailer too cause I only have it for the bikes. See if Jason's ready to pull the trigger on getting the race truck fixed up again now. If so, maybe dive into his and then when his is up and going pull mine back off the trailer and button it up. Basically... hit a minor wall with the truck unloading it at the exhaust shop. Well, I didn't actually hit a wall with it... Cause that would mean the engine wasn't currently locked up solid on it. But hey, it ran awesome for about 10 minutes the other night at least!
Ummmm? Wtf happened?
Unread 08-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #38608
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Speaking of transmissions, I just grenaded my 3rd trans in my work van. 4l60e transmissions dont like stop and go full throttle driving..... j/k, the thing has 137,xxx miles on it and it was a U-haul van before I got it. Meh, oh well, time to use one of the ****ty back up vans.
This is a 4l60e also. It doesn't like to shift from first to secound. I'm thinking bad seal on the piston or broken piston.
Unread 08-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #38609
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Any idea what caused it to lock up?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #38610
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris, you're feeling kinda like I have been feeling lately. Park it for a minute and work on something else. While you take a step back use that time to look at it with a level head and see if you really want to ditch it or if you just want to push through and get it finished

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.