Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2571 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #38551
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

WE need a biblical-in-scale rain here! I'm talking like 10" in two days type rain. Just steady, hard downpour!

Unread 08-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #38552
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
WE need a biblical-in-scale rain here! I'm talking like 10" in two days type rain. Just steady, hard downpour!
not until after bird seasons pass!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #38553
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I'm with you on the needing rain, but I would prefer slow and steady intermittent rain that would do a better job of soaking in than running off and washing everything away with it.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #38554
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'll settle for 10" of rain spread out over seven days then.
Unread 08-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #38555
sirhk100

'07 rubicon jk. Been offroaded ONCE EVER by me at TDS back in 2010, street queen with maybe 40K on it. Had the rear track bar bracket rip off the axle yesterday afternoon. Nice jeep...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #38556
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
'07 rubicon jk. Been offroaded ONCE EVER by me at TDS back in 2010, street queen with maybe 40K on it. Had the rear track bar bracket rip off the axle yesterday afternoon. Nice jeep...

Didn't you say jeep put in new axles under warranty not to long ago?
Unread 08-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #38557
sirhk100

Yup, exactly, back in about 2010 I believe.

Just got to do the Nascar Petty ride along deal. Gotta admit, I've got a new respect for those dudes! We ran about 170 with no other cars on the track and those banked corners are pretty gnarly. Can't imagine that speed with 42 other cars there and another 30mph faster.

Unread 08-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #38558
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Just got to do the Nascar Petty ride along deal. Gotta admit, I've got a new respect for those dudes! We ran about 170 with no other cars on the track and those banked corners are pretty gnarly. Can't imagine that speed with 42 other cars there and another 30mph faster.
That sounds like a lot of fun. How many laps do you get and what kind of money does a normal joe pay?
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #38559
sirhk100

It was only 3 laps and I believe it's $109. Before this morning I'd have said that seems like a stupid amount of money for just 3 laps... But honestly... It's worth it! Knowing what I know now I'd pay $109 to do it at least once just for the experience. You actually don't feel like you're going that fast on the straights but in the corner, there is NOTHING natural feeling about it! It really doesn't feel like the car should be holding it's line at the speed they run you thru the turns! I have a friend that really wants to do it and honestly, I'd go pay the $109 to do again, I'm that impressed...

I asked how much to drive... They said $500 for 8 laps, locals get $200 off. I asked what an average speed people actually can turn in the cars. They said typically about 130-150 is what a lot of decent drivers do their first time out having never driven one.

Like I said, definitely changed my perspective of what those dudes are doing! I can't even imagine what it's like with a full field of cars!

Unread 08-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #38560
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

My brother worked there for a few years and he drove them a lot and he really said it was exhilarating.

Speaking of tracks, I am looking at getting a Subaru WRX or a forester XT (STI) and wanting to try my hand at track days at spring mountain raceway. Any of you guys ever been to that track up in pahrump?
Unread 08-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #38561
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
My brother worked there for a few years and he drove them a lot and he really said it was exhilarating. Speaking of tracks, I am looking at getting a Subaru WRX or a forester XT (STI) and wanting to try my hand at track days at spring mountain raceway. Any of you guys ever been to that track up in pahrump?
. It is a lot of fun. Just be prepared for what track time (moderate to hard driving) will wear out your car. The occasional day out will be fine, just remember brakes, clutch, suspension parts are considered consumables. Don't take that as talking you out of it more of a prep thing. I've driven a buddies car out the a couple of time and it is a really good time.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #38562
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The nurburgring is right around an hour away from here. I have been fighting the urge so bad to take the car out on it.
Unread 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #38563
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
The nurburgring is right around an hour away from here. I have been fighting the urge so bad to take the car out on it.
Dooo eeeettttt!!!!!!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #38564
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Why fight the urge!! Get down there and make sure you record it!
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #38565
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
. It is a lot of fun. Just be prepared for what track time (moderate to hard driving) will wear out your car. The occasional day out will be fine, just remember brakes, clutch, suspension parts are considered consumables. Don't take that as talking you out of it more of a prep thing. I've driven a buddies car out the a couple of time and it is a really good time.
Oh I didn't take it like that at all! Any advise is good advise. I think that place looks absolutely gorgeous, and really want to become a member. How did you like it out there? Give details man! Haha

First i need to find a subie I want. The forester XT (2004-2006) is my first choice as it's plain sexy and it looks like more then enough room for me and my son.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.