Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2570 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #38536
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Yeah, I keep on reading through the email that she sent me and this line is what pretty much makes me think that she has not intention of letting the counseling help. " I will consent to the necessary counseling so that you can have the ERD that you asked for, but " The ERD is the stuff so that the military will pay to send my stuff back to the states, otherwise it is all on me. I guess the worst thing when I actually look at it is the very little amount of time that we have had kid free together over the past 18 months. With her being in Korea and us moving, I can guarantee that we have had less than 48 hours together without the kids. That is date night time, not counting in the evenings when the kids go to bed. Now I do not care what your relationship is like, that right there would strain any relationship without even considering the stresses of work and having 2 kids under 6 at home.
Sounds like you agree just as much as she does that it is over, otherwise, you wouldn't have asked for the ERD. That or you have come to terms with it. If you want to make it work, that is one thing. If not, cut your losses as soon as possible.

Oh, and traveling is only as expensive as you make it. Frankfurt Hahn isn't that far away and while Ryan Air may not be the most comfortable, the flights are cheap. Go see some ****.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #38537
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Sounds like you agree just as much as she does that it is over, otherwise, you wouldn't have asked for the ERD. That or you have come to terms with it. If you want to make it work, that is one thing. If not, cut your losses as soon as possible.

Oh, and traveling is only as expensive as you make it. Frankfurt Hahn isn't that far away and while Ryan Air may not be the most comfortable, the flights are cheap. Go see some ****.

It's not that I asked for an ERD, I looked into worst case scenario stuff since I am way the hell over here. From the looks of it, I will have a hard time getting it.
Unread 08-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #38538
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Everything I have seen read or heard first hand says that land rovers are so absolutely ridiculously expensive to keep on the road that it's not even close to worth if unless you have some undying obsession with them.

Also sounds like it needs a trans and an engine

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #38539
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Yeah, I keep on reading through the email that she sent me
She dropped this bomb on you thru an email?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #38540
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
She dropped this bomb on you thru an email?
Well she first broke the news to me like 3 days before we flew out of the US... and I was like F This I am outa here. But then she asked me to come with here over here and that we would work through whatever it was. Since we have been here, things have been fine for the most part. Sometimes there was some tense and awkward moments, but everytime that I would bring it up she would get mad and walk away or just not respond. Then last week she left for Greece for a week and sent me an email, but she called 2 minutes after she sent it and asked me to read it.

Now it just sucks. I work from home so I really do not know anyone here. I met one guy that is big into Jeeps, but he is a little too overwhelming. All I want to do is just get up and leave, but I am stuck with 2 kids by myself so I cannot. I want to take the Jeep out, but I am saving my gas rations for next weekends trip to the alps. I have decided that if it does not work out... I am going to take the BMW on the Nurburgring and burn off some frustration.
Unread 08-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #38541
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Everything I have seen read or heard first hand says that land rovers are so absolutely ridiculously expensive to keep on the road that it's not even close to worth if unless you have some undying obsession with them.

I re-read it and he must of added the 4th cylinder thing I don't remember seeing that when I posted it. O well it looked like a ok rig before that lol.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 03:04 AM   #38542
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I don't remember reading it either at first. So he obviously added it later.
Unread 08-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #38543
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Anybody who has watched cars 2 knows how expensive they are to keep running.
Unread 08-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #38544
sirhk100

Too rusty for Power??? Should we start a poll?

Got air brakes?

Unread 08-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #38545
sirhk100

Serious question... How the hell do you get the trashman to actually throw away your garbage can? Like just take the whole damn thing and throw it in the truck!!!! I've left a note on it... I've spray painted "trash" on it. I've left it completely empty on the curb. I've left it completely empty and upside down on the curb... WTF? Are they not allowed to throw away trash cans?

Unread 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #38546
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good question... Cut it up and put it in the trash can maybe?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #38547
sirhk100

LOL, damn you!!! That's too easy!!!! Wish I'd thought of that weeks ago!!!! LOL

Unread 08-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #38548
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, damn you!!! That's too easy!!!! Wish I'd thought of that weeks ago!!!! LOL
Seriously? Sheesh.. with all of your cutting and scrapping I would have thought that would have been right up there on your list of ideas.

Anyway, on another note.. for $22 bucks, this would be worth the road trip:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4625687854.html
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #38549
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lol, even if it was just $22, it's not worth it.

It has Thornbirds.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #38550
sirhk100

Seriously, if it was a metal trash can I would've thought about it right away but for some reason cutting up a plastic trashcan didn't even cross my mind! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.