Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 257 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #3841
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Wrist pin let go on cylinder 5. I think 5 but I could be remembering wrong. It had about 160,000 mi on it.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #3842
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Gregaf3, I was the one who bought the soft top frame from you, and yes, it's fine. Although I still haven't installed it. Waiting for warmer weather and hoping my crappy Rampage bowless top doesn't disintegrate before I'm ready to put the new soft top on. I can't remember what state my Jeep was in when I bought the top from you, but I've finished the rear four-link triangulation and gotten rid of the track bar. Outboarded the shocks and put new springs on. I will keep an eye out on this thread for when you guys put another run together. My days off are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I wanted to go last Monday, but had other committments.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #3843
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Hey Gregaf3, I was the one who bought the soft top frame from you, and yes, it's fine. Although I still haven't installed it. Waiting for warmer weather and hoping my crappy Rampage bowless top doesn't disintegrate before I'm ready to put the new soft top on. I can't remember what state my Jeep was in when I bought the top from you, but I've finished the rear four-link triangulation and gotten rid of the track bar. Outboarded the shocks and put new springs on. I will keep an eye out on this thread for when you guys put another run together. My days off are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I wanted to go last Monday, but had other committments.

I wish I had the time/funds to fab up most of my stuff. Heck I still have not finished my hardtop hoist. We generally try to go trail riding every weekend. Nothing too technical most of the time, just a way to get off the trail while the kids nap.

Now for my daily rant...I cannot wait til these damn kids are out of daycare. I just got my tax stuff from daycare and we paid over 16k in daycare last year. To top it off, because I am self employed and my wife is in the military we can only claim a small portion of that due to not have one of those health savings accounts. Just think about what kind of stuff I could be doing to the Jeep with 16k a year extra. oh well.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #3844
sirhk100

Well, you could've spent $600 on it on your lunch break for a SYE, driveshaft and rear adjustable upper arms like I did today. LOL Any bets on if I can drop a Tcase, do a sye install and toss the tcase back in in one night and still be at work on time tomorrow morning? We'll find out! LOL
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #3845
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Wrist pin let go on cylinder 5. I think 5 but I could be remembering wrong. It had about 160,000 mi on it.
got pics and price?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #3846
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I can get some up after work. Has a newish trans Iro 4.5 lift. Forest green and in otherwise great shape.
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #3847
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I can get some up after work. Has a newish trans Iro 4.5 lift. Forest green and in otherwise great shape.
Damn that sucks. You can't get a newer motor? That is a lot of time and parts invested to give it up but I am sure you have good reasons.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #3848
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm usually down for fixing anything but I just don't see myself being able to get to it. I've been looking for a used motor but the cheapest I've found is $650. I might as well rebuild the one I have for that. Unless I can find some where to put it I have to sell it. My parents got a citation from the city for having an inop vehicle.
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #3849
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm usually down for fixing anything but I just don't see myself being able to get to it. I've been looking for a used motor but the cheapest I've found is $650. I might as well rebuild the one I have for that. Unless I can find some where to put it I have to sell it. My parents got a citation from the city for having an inop vehicle.
You can probably put it right here next to my house. There was a guy with a scrambler that was inoperable forever up the street. I mean he had spider webs on the tires and axles. The only time it got cleaned was when the Mexicans came through with the lawn stuff. It was there for around 5 months. I would say put in in my garage but I think its too tall.
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #3850
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Ok, this angers me! Someone in your neighborhood complained about it-they don't just drive around and look for stuff. Also, I was told by the code enforcement officer himself that I could have one inop vehicle on property as long as it didn't appear to be in disassembly, was parked on a solid surface, and didn't look like salvage, ie. no flat tires, spider webs, etc. contact the officer and tell them that it is waiting for parts to be shipped. Tell them it's an engine that needs to be assembled before it can ship. I did that and they were satisfied with it.
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #3851
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Then again, Clark county is a little more lax than Henderson and nlv, in that order! If you have an hoa, game over! I'm sure someone here can store it for you for a small fee, say labor or some dinners or maybe even a jeep forum membership!
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #3852
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Well it looks like I may have to either sell or part out my zj. My dad Can no longer store it, I have no place to put or work on it. It may be a sad month for me. It will be the first time since 2004 I don't own a jeep.
Are those self storage places very expensive around here? Maybe you can find someone else needing some storage space and split the bill.

Sucks if you have to sell it because you'll have to resign from JeepForum.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #3853
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We ran Mormon Well today starting North and heading South to 95. North of the peak had some snow, but not too bad. If it gets another night of snow it would be ugly. Heading down the south end is when all the fun started.

Engine stopped and wouldn't restart. CEL pops on. I get under the hood and start looking for anything that could have come loose. Key on/off three times gave me the code P0351. Ignition coil issue. At that point, I was about 15 miles from 95. Out of cell range and trying not to worry my wife. I received the code P0354 last year and my motor was destroyed.

Luckily, it was a simple fix. My harness for injector 1 came loose. I just had my fuel rail off last week and the harness just didn't click. Could have been so bad for us today.

I didn't care for the trail that much after that. I was more worried about getting home. We don't even have a blanket in the Jeep. Only enough food for the day and probably less than 4 hours of flashlight time.

It was nice most of the way, but the washboard at some parts really puts some stress on the back. It was about 65 miles to the north end of the trail. The trail itself was about 30 miles. The drive back was another 25. Nice trail. I was just under stress.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #3854
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I hope at least you saw the sunset today. It was one of the best. Not to sound gay. No homo.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #3855
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Which leads me to a favor I need to ask the group. I know it's not safe to travel offroad without others, but our only days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The only people we know that go offroad have weekends off, so we go anyway.

Here's the favor. I need someone here that I can trust enough to leave my offroad travel plans with. Here's how it would work:

I'd email someone here my planned coordinates for the day and expected return time.
Then, I'd send them a text that they have an email.
When I'm back on pavement, I'll send another text that all is clear.
You'd return a text to acknowledge the all clear.

That's how I see it working every time, but:

If you don't receive a text from me by the expected return time, wait an hour and send me a text in case I just forgot.
If three hours passes without word, then it's on to Plan "B". Don't know what Plan "B" is yet.

This might be something others here want to get in on just to keep it safe for everyone. I don't mind returning the favor. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm an excellent navigator if someone gets lost and I can provide light rescues and medical that doesn't require 911.

So, who wants to volunteer to be my wingman?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.